ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (Off Topic) (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/)
-   -   what with the ****ing hybrid z power trip? (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/what-%2A%2A%2A%2Aing-hybrid-z-power-trip-29251/)

Niku-Sama 08-27-2009 07:39 PM

what with the ****ing hybrid z power trip?

i dont get this since when did they get so nazi ish.

apparently accepting forum rules every time i make a post for a day means i have "violated" something some how for some reason and i dont know why. i had read them and i still see no reason why and i ask about it and Braap get all pissy about it and thinks i am just ignoring them and hitting accept...i mean look at my past posts there?

http://forums.hybridz.org/search.php?searchid=3813728

i havent found any thing offencive in my previous posts (all 84 of them)

flatblack 08-27-2009 08:03 PM

Because unlike other websites they like to keep missinformation out and technical advice in.

The first and only thing I searched for on Z car had a waay wrong answer to it.

There are reasons for the rules and every other member abides by them GTFO if you don't like it.

Originally Posted by Niku-Sama (Post 266403)
i havent found any thing offencive in my previous posts (all 84 of them)

And for Chrissake how hard is it to spell offensive?

Niku-Sama 08-27-2009 08:07 PM

whos chrissake?
some dude that made sake?

no i was pissed and typin fast

and besides thats not how they are going to keep misinformation out.
i think in the long run its just gonna piss alot of people off, i mean when petcock comes out i am sure its an "infraction"

this script determining "infractions" is like letting an assembly line robot run the judicial system with a chain saw.

pic oppurtinity skib

flatblack 08-27-2009 08:17 PM

If you want to try and get moar powrr out of the stock EFI Hybrid probably isn't the place for you.

Get a life and stop whining about how butt hurt you are that a mod on another forum asked you to abide by the rules you KEPT accepting.

NismoPick 08-27-2009 08:21 PM

I saw that brutal beat down by Braap this morning and said to myself "0h znapppzzz!" :D

flatblack 08-27-2009 08:25 PM

http://static.photo.net/attachments/...s-92078184.jpg

skib 08-27-2009 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Niku-Sama (Post 266408)
pic oppurtinity skib

this one dosent get some some witty internet joke.

HybridZ is NOT a democracy.

Abide by the rules or GTFO.

HybridZ is the most top notch Z car tech site there because of these rules.
BS, incorrect answers, misleading information, flame wars, and other useless posts are filtered out so that when searching the archives you find only correct and useful information or productive discussions. Its an amazing wealth of technical information and a gathering of some of the greatest Z loving minds in the world. It is not "Z car 101", its the collage of Z forums, dont bother with elementary school questions there.
When posting; type in proper sentences and make an effort to spell correctly (and use the shift key every now and then). dont use AIM type, its ****ing annoying and I dont want get out my decoder to read a post. If you dont know the answer dont guess. If you dont have a productive addition to a discussion, dont post. Use the search feature, 99% of the time its been covered, you will not be spoon fed answers if your to god damn lazy to search correctly.

If you dont like it, dont go there. Its not a right, its a privilege.

[/thread]

duowing 08-27-2009 09:15 PM

Here's a good example of HybridZ stuff. The Head cooling on cylinder #5 thread. 15 pages of people discussing cooling on the L-series. Thoughts on how to improve it, how it works, other theories on cooling, types of coolant, etc.

Another thread I read called Cam Damage ended up being a giant thread that went into a mass discussion of oils and ZDDP in the oils and how helpful it is or isn't.

I post there evey once in a while, and usually people help, but I've tried to cut back. The biggest problem I have with HybridZ is usually I'm searching the wrong thing. But usually I can find my answer through searching, just takes a while...

Niku-Sama 08-28-2009 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by flatblack (Post 266409)
If you want to try and get moar powrr out of the stock EFI Hybrid probably isn't the place for you.

Get a life and stop whining about how butt hurt you are that a mod on another forum asked you to abide by the rules you KEPT accepting.

**** you dude, honestly why the holy hell would i do a Z31 swap when mega squirt is available. if i am going to swap a whole harness why dont i swap something thats going to get me a bit more umpf and tunability?

mabe some day if i get a whild hair in my ass i'll grab a mega squirt set up and go to town with it but untill then i honestly dont see any problems with dicking arround with another AFM for minimal a performance and/or MPG gain when i got the damn thing for about $8 and nothing else to do with my spare time.

oh and i am sorry skibby did i hurt your feelings, i didnt realize you were one of them.

i was talking about a assembly line robot with a chain saw for the pic oppurtinity

flatblack 08-28-2009 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Niku-Sama (Post 266441)
**** you dude, honestly why the holy hell would i do a Z31 swap when mega squirt is available. if i am going to swap a whole harness why dont i swap something thats going to get me a bit more umpf and tunability?

mabe some day if i get a whild hair in my ass i'll grab a mega squirt set up and go to town with it but untill then i honestly dont see any problems with dicking arround with another AFM for minimal a performance and/or MPG gain when i got the damn thing for about $8 and nothing else to do with my spare time.

oh and i am sorry skibby did i hurt your feelings, i didnt realize you were one of them.

i was talking about a assembly line robot with a chain saw for the pic oppurtinity

You are a ridiculous person.

I've messed around with both the stock 280Z EFI AND MegaSquirt.

I wonder if you'll ever see that these people are trying to help you and you can actually learn something from others who have real experience.

Good luck with your "Free-er flowing" Cressida AFM and from that logic I'm assuming you're going to put a KA24 TB on there as well. Don't take it to a dyno though, these are more accurate:

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...2f7f0978ed878f

skib 08-28-2009 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Niku-Sama (Post 266441)

Im not "one of them", there, here, or anywhere, Im on every Z forum.
Because I have my hands in a Z every single day, and stay in contact with quite a few Z friends along the west coast and else where.

Im telling you the way it is at HybridZ, those are the facts.
Its a tight ship and for good reason.

If you cant handle that then dont go there, or dont post.
Again, its not a right, its a privilege.

go start ihatehybridz.org if you want, but dont waste your time complaining kiddo

Niku-Sama 08-28-2009 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by flatblack (Post 266451)
You are a ridiculous person.

I've messed around with both the stock 280Z EFI AND MegaSquirt.

I wonder if you'll ever see that these people are trying to help you and you can actually learn something from others who have real experience.

Good luck with your "Free-er flowing" Cressida AFM and from that logic I'm assuming you're going to put a KA24 TB on there as well. Don't take it to a dyno though, these are more accurate:

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...2f7f0978ed878f

why am i so "ridiculous" hmm? that i still dont want to do a z31 set up?

i asked about an AFM and i politely told people i didnt want to do that, i mean why honestly? why would i swap a perfectly good harness for another stock harness and ecu out of another car?

mabe it was the injector thing that confused people, i'm not having injector problems because of the harness, i am having injector problems because they are 30 god damn years old.

oh and your assumption about the KA24 throttle body is incorrect.

i thought it would possibly be helpful if we could add more cars to the list with bigger throttle bodies that are able to swap over with little modification

skib 08-28-2009 02:36 PM

the Z31 harness and ECU are an upgrade to the L28et stuff.

it gets rid of the POS AFM all together and the ECU is actually tunable.
The L28et ECU is the computing equivalent of a cheap graphing calculator

Niku-Sama 08-28-2009 03:10 PM

well than it really would do me no good as mines a 79 and i dont plan on bolting a spinny to it at any time.

skib 08-28-2009 03:37 PM

ya on an N/A its useless

280zx2by2 08-28-2009 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by skib (Post 266496)

i was thinking worse than a regular calculator... maybe to par with a Spanish-English pocket translator

skib 08-28-2009 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by 280zx2by2 (Post 266506)
i was thinking worse than a regular calculator... maybe to par with a Spanish-English pocket translator

lol there all pretty close, there all stone age level tech

skib 08-28-2009 04:09 PM

speaking of HBZ

Iv seen 2by2 banned before, but it was worth the lolz :023:

flatblack 08-28-2009 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Niku-Sama (Post 266488)
why am i so "ridiculous" hmm? that i still dont want to do a z31 set up?

Why do you keep going on about the Z31 EFI? Who told you to do that?

i asked about an AFM and i politely told people i didnt want to do that, i mean why honestly? why would i swap a perfectly good harness for another stock harness and ecu out of another car?

If you can't figure out why a MAF is better than a AFM then you need to do some more reading about EFI systems.

mabe it was the injector thing that confused people, i'm not having injector problems because of the harness, i am having injector problems because they are 30 god damn years old.

oh and your assumption about the KA24 throttle body is incorrect.

i thought it would possibly be helpful if we could add more cars to the list with bigger throttle bodies that are able to swap over with little modification

If you are going to keep the car N/A, these "upgrades" you are talking about aren't going to increase your power by any measurable amount.

If you want to make power N/A - go V8. If you want to make actual power on the L28, do a turbo swap.

Go look up how much power the guys with N/A L28s are making, then look at how much they spent on their setups. This would consist of bigger cams, headers, headwork, and aftermarket EFI systems. The $$$ to power increase ratio is definitely not worth it.

These are old motors with a crappy EFI system and crappy headflow.

thetremendousti 08-28-2009 04:23 PM

someone close this thread this is the second most ridiculous intrafight i've seen

(for first ask hoov or bojo)

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stori....b631fa08.html
sometimes justice can be wrong ask that guy

its an internet ban life could be MUCH worse. You're not banned from zdriver, just end this on a "**** you" and get over it

someone swap my head for me...

skib 08-28-2009 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by thetremendousti (Post 266510)
someone swap my head for me...

:082:

ya done yet?

thetremendousti 08-28-2009 04:33 PM

no i'm taking a class this semester at the local college "engine rebuilding" and its 8 credits!! 1.5 lecture 3.5 labs every day and you bring in your own engine to rebuild over the semester :D

So when january comes as i'm finishing up i'll probably have to rebuild it again if u want to help

thetremendousti 08-28-2009 04:34 PM

Skib...in 2 months you've accrued more posts than I have in the past two years...

hoov100 08-28-2009 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by skib (Post 266496)
it gets rid of the POS AFM all together and the ECU is actually tunable.

you sooo stole that from me dude...:037:

hoov100 08-28-2009 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by thetremendousti (Post 266512)
no i'm taking a class this semester at the local college "engine rebuilding" and its 8 credits!! 1.5 lecture 3.5 labs every day and you bring in your own engine to rebuild over the semester :D

So when january comes as i'm finishing up i'll probably have to rebuild it again if u want to help

I've got small block chevy cores up the ying-yang if you wanna build one and sell it.