ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (Off Topic) (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/)
-   -   A-vascular necrosis (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/vascular-necrosis-21942/)

ThermalWake 02-24-2007 01:38 PM

A-vascular necrosis

alright im 19 years old, im in the army. why do i have to have this curse. i went to sick call today ( the doctor) because i had a growth on the inner of my right leg. it is discolered, white pink and red. very hyper sensitive. even to sunlight. when the doc had me pull up my pank leg, her eyes lit up. she said she knows exactly what it is. i had a steroid injection about a year ago this time. for a damaged patella tendon. what has happened is when the captin injected the steroid, part of it or most of it got into a vien in my leg. had a reaction and has killed the vien, causing no blood, or O2 to go to my muscle tissue or skin. now my muscle in the side of my leg has atrafuted, i have loss a large amount of tissue on the inner of my right knee, and is eating away cartalige, flesh in my thigh and calf. and i have to get surgery to remove the vien, dead tissue or whats left, and skin graphs to replace the dead skin... very disturbing..

y2daniel1981 02-24-2007 01:40 PM

disturbing and gross... sorry man

i8acobra 02-24-2007 04:53 PM

The worst part is that you can't sue for malpractice because you're military. VA Docs have immunity.

SportBikeMike 02-24-2007 05:26 PM

Sorry man....I hope the surgery goes well.

RodMoyes 02-24-2007 05:44 PM

Yeah, sorry to hear about it man. I hope things work out the best they possibly can for you.

Rod.

Fast240Z 02-24-2007 05:48 PM

sorry to hear about that man, but at least you had it checked out, right?

WildmaN 02-25-2007 03:22 AM

Wow man, that really sucks. Will be praying for you bro'. I wish nothing but the best, and good luck on the operation. Hope all goes well for you man.

z-hag 02-25-2007 08:08 AM

have you looked into femoral-popliteal bypass grafting to restore the circulatin and plastic surgery to restore function?????if the army does not suggest that, go to the nearest best in the world hospital, find a best in the world doctor, and charge it to the va-----doable---i have seen that done --fall out in the lobby of that hospital and there is no way the procedure cannot be done--present properly, fall out in the lobby, not on the street--on the street they take you ti the hospital in the catchment area--could be a coupla miles from where ya wanna be----see the best doc in the world for what you have and .........
do not let anything final happen until you approach the docs on this subject--do nothing final........hopefully they have already suggested this to you--it is the best way to treat your specific problem........femoral-popliteal bypass grafting and plastic restoration and grafting..........make sure the circulatory restoration is done.....keep yer toes.........