The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

selling the 260... this time for real

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Über User

selling the 260... this time for real

yup, but its ok, its not a sad reason this time, its for a good reason. winter is coming and this car has a great working swap now super clean just needs paint and new seat re-hapolsrty to be perfect perfect, seriously, perfect! and winter is coming and i just cant do it... i cant drive this car in the winter. so im either swaping heads (since i have the most stuborn broken stud which let my exhaust gasket blow) and get my new slave in with SS line and my N42 intake on it so it will look even cleaner, and list it for high... cause theres both desperate people out there and i need room to haggle. after seeing so many turbo S30's going for +10k im listing it at about 8k. not expecting that much but i can dream. this is after i finsih up the work. but dont be sad guys, im probably going to pick up a Z32 cause i miss mine so dearly. going to look for a TT, if i cant find one that suites me, then you guys can start worrying. cause ill probably get a DSM or 240sx or something.... but i want a Z32. it was hard to get moving in the snow but it steerd ok and stopped just fine in it. so i know i can survive in one. but yeah, the car will be for sale once i finish up the work on all the Z forums. especially on hybridz with all those big spenders over there. any one interested watch for it....

ps. my mom trie to tell me to get a lancia zagato spyder.... i would take nothing less then a lancia delta though

cant find them in the states though
Old 10-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Political n00b crusher

Please please PLEASE don't buy a DSM! Anything but that....
Old 10-10-2007, 10:24 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

you are getting a z32, for a winter car......

moran.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:29 PM
The Good Twin

pft... loser.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:51 PM

Hummmmm....didn't we go through this with Snw already? It's ok, if it's got to go then it's got to go right...don't let us make you feel guilty for selling it. I know I understand.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Über User

Z32 much better in winter than S30, ive already done it, plus, if i just go, "OH NO, my suspension is blown" i can toss it up on jack stands for the harsh parts of winter and do something on it. did it last year, err.... two years ago, and worked great. its when there is physically snow on the pavement the Z32 would stay inside, plus the T-tops and climate controll.... i just miss everything about the Z32, the way the interior is setup, the way the car sits, the way it feels and has such positive feedback.... its haunts my dreams....

and dsm is maybe, like i said, i want to keep it nissan but sometimes im forced to change plans. and if i had my own daily driver i wouldnt be doing this, but at least ill make money off it....

but this isnt a sad thread like teh other 2 i started, this is a , im saving my car sending it to some one that can care for it better in the winter anyways and make money thread!!!!

oh and i think this is number 10 260.... is that like cool or anything? idk i was looking at teh vin the other day and the last digits are 10. i think like hls30-260010 or something... idk id have to check
Old 10-10-2007, 10:54 PM
The Good Twin

I better sell my Z too! I think I could sell mine for $500... then just take out a loan for $11.5K to buy yours. The "SNW Z" is worth $12K eh?

EDIT.... kinda ironic: Snw's Z that he's sellin cuz he doesn't wanna drive it in the snw!

Last edited by NismoPick; 10-10-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Über User

haha, yeah kinda funny, but i never said any tin about 12k. starting at 8k.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:07 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

I am not going to say anymore about it. If you want to sell something, that you have put your blood sweat and tears into. You don't have any kind of attachment to cars. Like some of us have. Not sounding harsh, but just saying my thoughts on this. You obvious always loved Z32's more. And never much cared to keep an older Z for verry long. But that's okay, we all have our own tastes in Z's. That is what makes the Z world go round. Everybody having their own favorites.

Anyway good luck on selling your 260. And also on finding another Z32. If I had the extra money. I would haggle with you, and try to get the 260 from you. But since that is a huge fantasy. And something I can't even fathom. Let's not even talk about it, shall we? There you go man, see that wasn't so bad was it? hehe

That is what happens, when you don't have your weekends to release, and relax. And are working 6 10 hour shifts a week. I am already looking for something else. And a different line of work. Also I am thinking about going to school for something. Either electronics, or computer programming. And or the basics on building one also. So I can learn a trade, and make something of myself.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:53 AM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
haha, yeah kinda funny, but i never said any tin about 12k. starting at 8k.
https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/sale-1970-z-little-rust-24006/
might as well go for $45,000 while you're at it. That way it looks like a bigger price drop when you ask $3500 for it later.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
MORAN

what bleachie sed........
Old 10-11-2007, 08:39 AM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by z-hag
MORAN

what bleachie sed........
I don't quite know how to tell you this Z-hag, but you spelled moron wrong...

MORON

Rod.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:46 AM
The Good Twin

It's the interwebnet way to spell it....

Originally Posted by entropy31
moran.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by NismoPick
*FAIL*

My interwebz prowess is greater than yours so stfu n00b!

You can haz teh pwnage?

Rod.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:51 AM
The Good Twin

Buahahahaha! pwnd!
Old 10-11-2007, 09:09 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Pick winz teh intrawebnet cigar!
Old 10-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
Old 10-11-2007, 09:16 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
*FAIL*

My interwebz prowess is greater than yours so stfu n00b!

You can haz teh pwnage?

Rod.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Stupid Hurricanes...

hahahahahaha......anyway hope u get what ur asking for but u might have to nego it.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:56 AM
The Evil Twin

maybe closer to the east coast Z-cars are worth 110% more than on the west coast....
Old 10-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by entropy31
If you were a Walrus, and the interwebz was a bucket...

You'd be sayin' "Oh noes! he be stealin' mah buckitz!"

Rod.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Political n00b crusher

Snw, I know we've been through this before, but why don't you just keep the 260 and buy a winter beater? ....or is all this just an excuse because you really want a Z32....
Old 10-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Über User

ok, to settle this, i love teh 260, its so small and sleek and has so much potential with the right swaps. but i already talked to both my parents seperatly and thanks to my ucrrent job said no way in hell i can have a second car. i did however just get hired at a new job so i should be making money again. trust me if i could get a winter beater the 260 would sit in the garage get torn into and get the proper tranny and rear end swap FMIC setup and go megasquirt so i could hold down 300hp the summer to come, unfortunatly, my car cant be down since its my daily and then also will need to be drivin in the salted streets and probably wont be able to stay in the garage EVER. and its not fair to the var or me from how much work i put into it, id rather see some middle aged man that has the income to blow on this car take it and let it get painted and tehn sit in his garage where its at least warm. i will miss the ease of these cars since you could tear their motor down in 4 hours while its in the car even. nothing will replace that and thanks to my living conditions i cant do even half the stuff to this car i want to or that it deserves. so im not selling cause i want to get rid of the car, im selling cause i want it to go to a better home.

secondly, i got the price idea from the last 2 turbo'ed 260's i saw for sale. both were all stock just with a perfect paint job, and one was lowered and had the intercooler added. the other was all stock turbo motor. none of them are running anything special in teh rear or tranny, non have any special electronics, and the one was listed (and sold not sure what price though) for 18k and currently there i one on hybridz being listed for 25k. so i figured if i can get the second turbo s30 for sale up there list is at mroe than 10k less, should sell faster. i never fathomed selling it that much i was always thinking as long it was running with this swap, 5k. but those last two cars i saw shut be up so now im going to be daring and try for higher.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Stupid Hurricanes...

it really depends where u live....some people dont bother to pay high dollar for a car they can find somewhere else. people are only going to pay in what they think its worth. but good luck hope u get what u are looking for.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:26 AM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
i got the price idea from the last 2 turbo'ed 260's i saw for sale. both were all stock just with a perfect paint job, and one was lowered and had the intercooler added. for 18k and currently there i one on hybridz being listed for 25k.
That one on Hybridz is a lot more than just a paint job and a stock turbo engine.

and even still, he's getting bashed for having listed the car at such an inflated price. Its not selling.
Just get pictures of your car (not the ones you took at night in the parking garage) and post it on HybridZ for 8 grand. see what happens

This guy documented his car well with pics. This is a good example.
http://picasaweb.google.com/K.Murray80/76280zForSale
For sale right now in Washington. $3,000

Quick Reply: selling the 260... this time for real