The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Scared S**tless.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 11:14 PM

Scared S**tless.

Took Lady (260z) out for a little joy ride a little while ago. Got done with my joy ride and headed for home. Well, i made a little wrong turn and ended up in a parking lot just outside of base. No big deal. Easy fix.
On a spur i whipped it hard to the left and punched the throttle.
Lady floated on around in a beautiful 180 and i was facing the way i needed to go once again, so i let off the throttle.

This is where it gets fun.....The pedal stayed on the floor.
Now in true panic fashion, my stupid *** forgets that i'm now the proud owner of a perfectly functioning clutch pedal. so what do i do?
I'm haulin *** for the street at an increasing rate of speed, and instead of killing it, clutching, or just doing another donut, i just drift her on out into the middle of the street (thank god it was a wide street) like i'm Bo Duke makin a run from Barney Fife. now that theres a strip of wide and decently long road in front of me i stop panicing and hook my toe under the gas pedal and yank. throttle thumps back into place and my *** finally stops eatting the seat.
About that time my favorite boys in blue pass going the opposite direction, looking at me like i've lost my damn mind. And they start to turn around.
lucky for me i was coming up on the gate by now and just ducked on base, flashed the ID for the guards and dissappeared around the corner as the cops were pulling in.

So this friday when i fix the diff and replace the exhaust manifold, i'm also checking and oiling all of the throttle linkage.....And throwing away these shorts.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:48 AM
Über User

lol!!! i used that as an excuse when i drifted out onto a road right infront of a police officer, and i had a supervision on my license at the time for spinning my wheels!!!! lol lol. luckily i got the guy to say "well maybe u shouldnt be driving the car if it does that, ill just \give you a warning for left of center and you can be on your way" before he ran my license and found out i was being watched lol.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Pr0n Addict

haha good stuff. a friend of mine was starting the engine on his midget for the first time from under the hood and the cable stuck and blew the engine before he could cut it... lucky you were in gear!