ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (Off Topic) (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/)
-   -   San Diego Auto Show (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/san-diego-auto-show-16266/)

lifegrddude 12-27-2005 10:21 PM

San Diego Auto Show

For those of you in SD, the San Diego International Auto Show is going on tomorrow (28th) till the 1st I believe. The show is held at the downtown convention center, next to the Gaslamp district if you don't know where that's at. It's basically like the Detroit auto show where the various automakers display their vehicles for the upcoming year and also some of their concept cars. You get to sit in a few of the models to get a feel for the interior ergonomics. There will also be test drives courtesy of Ford and Chevy of some cars like the Mustang and C6 Vette. (have to be 21+ though) There is also a "tuner" section of the show where some modded vehicles will be on display. If you're a college student, go on Friday since it's a 2 for 1 deal when you show your ID card. Anyways, happy holidays and hope you all's time with family and friends is going well.

RodMoyes 12-27-2005 10:32 PM

Me and some of my friends are planning on going Friday evening... We should round up a bunch of Z's and meet up down there...

Rod.

Aphrodite 12-28-2005 09:00 AM

I have duty friday :( but I prolly will go one of these days... mabye tomorrow

SanMarcosZfreak 12-28-2005 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
Me and some of my friends are planning on going Friday evening... We should round up a bunch of Z's and meet up down there...

Rod.

hey rod lemme check with my dad i might be able to make that, sounds like it would be fun

is admission free?

jaffi 12-28-2005 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Aphrodite
I have duty friday :( but I prolly will go one of these days... mabye tomorrow

Duty huh? Are you at 32nd street or are you a shore duty bitch? Or, dare I say, are you at A school?

SanMarcosZfreak 12-28-2005 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by SanMarcosZfreak
hey rod lemme check with my dad i might be able to make that, sounds like it would be fun

is admission free?

hey dad gave me the go ahead, i'm down for a cruise to the show, we should all park together in the parking garage, and take pics :cool:

Aphrodite 12-28-2005 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by jaffi
Duty huh? Are you at 32nd street or are you a shore duty bitch? Or, dare I say, are you at A school?

:D

Naw, im not a shore duty bitch or in "A" school... Im on the Mustin at 32nd street

RodMoyes 12-30-2005 10:26 AM

OK,

Anyone in the big SD area planning on going tonight needs to let me know if they want to meet up down there... This could be a big showing for Z cars... or a total dud if nobody goes. PM me or post a reply here ASAP so I can make arrangements.

Rod.

SanMarcosZfreak 12-30-2005 10:49 AM

im up for an esco meet and cruise

i have a spare seat if anyone in the oceanside, vista, san marcos, esco area needs a ride

send me a PM if u need a ride

SanMarcosZfreak 12-31-2005 12:50 AM

so who went?

i went tonight got there around 8:30 left around 9:40 didn't meet up with ne1.... :( ......oh well my gf went with me

i saw a gold 300zx and a black 280zx with a blue racing stripe do either of these belong to members on here?

RodMoyes 01-01-2006 01:42 PM

I saw the gold Z31 in the parking garage (88 or 89), but I didn't see the 280ZX with the stripes. I have had a couple of people ask me about that car after they saw it on the road if I knew anything about it or who it was... No clue. I have never seen it nor do I know who owns it. It has been spotted many times on Hwy 78 between Escondido and Oceanside though so it must be a north county car. If I ever run across him I'll find out what the scoop is. I thought the show was kind of a dud this year. Porsche didn't have a presence other than the classic ones the local guys brought out. The black 914-6 was very cool to see because they are brutally rare. The Saleen S7 was awesome. The Murcielago roadster was too cool and of course the misc Ferrari's and the Gallardo's were cool to see too. I thought it was pretty sweet that dodge actually brought the Viper motorcycle to SD finally. That thing looks flat out scary. I wouldn't get on it! The concept cars that were there this year were all pretty lame. I liked the Altima SE-R that was there though. That makes for a pretty sweet family car if you only have a 30K budget. The M5 at 81K was nice, but they should have had the hood open.

Rod.

lifegrddude 01-03-2006 05:15 PM

I went to the show, but I didn't spend as much time as I'd have liked to since I still had to get to Phoenix to meet family. The show was ok, I got a bunch of free shirts and stuff so I can't complain there. I think the Scion booth gave out the most things. Anyways, the only concept I thought was ok was the Chrysler Firepower. Checking out the MR Lancer IX was cool too. The test drive from Ford and Chevy was a good idea, just a bad execution. Last year was better when Nissan offered it, since it was in a closed parking lot and they let you do whatever you wanted in the 350Z.