The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Re: ZDriver Misses You!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 10:35 PM

Re: ZDriver Misses You!

I'm still around, just haven't checked in here for awhile. I still love my Z! In fact it's going to get some Tokico Illumina's next week, and then it's going to the body shop to get perfected, externally. I ended up driving it for a few winters here, and it has a bit of surface rust and 20 something years of hail damage and parking lot dings to take care of. It's been a hell of a ride, though. I can't wait to see it all perfect on the outside again. It's going to be the same color, but it's going to have the skirts and spoilers painted flat black. Oh yeah, I bought the expensive damn T-top weatherstripping, so hopefully the few drips will stop when it's replaced. The body man said he has to rip it off anyway, so he'll install it for free. Then I just need to get a few cracks in the driver seat fixed and redo the headliner, and it'll be pretty damn close to perfect again. I still get random comments from strangers on how great of shape it's in for an 87, in this part of the country.

A deer jumped out and ran into the right fender at about 65 MPH, but I got the fender replaced and it still looks great, aside for the **** I'm about to get fixed. Maybe one of these days I'll finally get to make it faster.

I almost bought a Z32TT, but they're not easy to find in great shape here. The few I could find were either ridiculously expensive or were more beat up than my old Z31T.

Last edited by SloppyGoat; 02-19-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:07 AM
The Good Twin

Right on. I sent out that email last night to active users who haven't been around for a month or two... just to make sure they are okay. Glad to see ya back!
Old 02-24-2009, 05:45 PM

Thanks man. Times haven't been easy lately, so I've been rather scarce. I'll try to check in more often. I got the shocks/struts on it today. What a difference! The whole car rebounds at the same rate now. I have them set on 3. Feels about right to me, although I haven't messed with the settings yet. Next, off to the body shop.

Last edited by SloppyGoat; 02-24-2009 at 05:47 PM.