ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (Off Topic) (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/)
-   -   The person you report to. (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/person-you-report-9724/)

91zxtt 07-16-2004 11:13 AM

The person you report to.

I don't know about you guys, but my boss in a idiot. It's hard for me to call him my boss because he knows less than half of what I do in this business. I prefer to call him the person I report to instead of my 'boss'. For those who don't know, I sell mortgages, so it can be a lucrative, but often frustrating business. This guy comes in late, leaves early, takes Fridays off, doesn't respond to e-mails, or return phone calls. What the hell does he do all day? I've been in this business for 5 years, but only worked under this person for almost 1 year. My paychecks have been wrong every month since I started working for him. Every month I get shorted on my income. Since March, I've been trying to get a $2177 error corrected. He was finally able to get it done this month, but there were almost $1500 in other errors on the paycheck. I talked to him about it and he said he didn't see the errors on the commission report. Well, if he were to pull his head out of his ass for 5 minutes, then he'd see it. I had to waste a few hours of my day yesterday going through each of my loans and comparing it to what I was paid on them. $1473.42 short. The frustrating this is this....the company makes the commission reports so hard to read that it makes me think that this is happening to a lot of people, but they're not smart enough to see what's happening. $1500 is a lot to spend on goodies for my cars, or a new lawn tractor. Dammit, I have house and car payments to make. Maybe this is why I don't feel motivated to work. :mad:

emo236 07-16-2004 02:04 PM

You work in Mortgage? THat's cool. My girlfriend and her mom both work for Mortgage companies. Her mom works for Fidelity and she works for Westwind Mortage. That's pretty cool. Escrow's kinda crazy.

Riz Z Speed 07-16-2004 06:14 PM

:eek: you have a job? :eek:

DanZ32 07-16-2004 08:08 PM

I've been in the finance business for 16 years and one thing is always true. Good sales people/funders can always find a job. In this day and age, good employers are employers of choice. Those that treat employees with respect and integrity and expect the same in return. Shop your talents around.
Sounds like you deserve better and you are correct, if they are doing this to you, they are probably doing it to others.
I am an executive and I live by 3 golden rules...
1) never embarass anyone expecially publicly
2) never screw up on someone's paycheck (that is their livelihood)
3) you lie you die (just thr rhymed form of saying betray my trust and your gone).

I'll bet you can do better with your talents.

CrAzY_84na 07-16-2004 08:25 PM

Im reading this book called the "The Last Mafioso" and they do a lot of shit like this, they call it skimming... Is he Italian? :D

Sounds like you really dont need him? Isnt this one of those jobs where you can go into buisness yourself?

Shameless 07-18-2004 04:14 AM

beggining to wonder what all these big time execs are learning in College lol.....

91zxtt 07-19-2004 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by rizzspeed
:eek: you have a job? :eek:

Thanks Rizz.

The thing is,...I like this job and the company is very solid. For a commission only position, the stability is excellent. The benefits are great. The only problem is my manager. Oh well,...One day he'll report to me. Paybacks are a bitch.

Z_WRECKER 07-21-2004 09:06 AM

I work for Crutchfield now,and I have an 04 wrx....pics to follow soon, Just wanted to say hang in there 91 ;)

aspeedyzx 07-21-2004 06:46 PM

yay
My message needs to exceed ten characters

Riz Z Speed 07-21-2004 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Z_WRECKER
I work for Crutchfield now,;)

Really?
You get a discount?
Hook a Z Brotha up!
:D

entropy31 07-21-2004 09:48 PM

You guys have it easy if you just have a person you report to. Im in the navy and I cant even count how many of them I have. And each one has a different idea of how they want things done. ugh... :(

emo236 07-22-2004 08:12 AM

I work for the Navy at a command and I know EXACTLY what you're talking about!

tnkrstoyco 07-22-2004 09:54 AM

I was wondering where you were working and forgot to ask when I was out there, Emo. No wonder you couldn't get away for lunch.

91zxtt 07-22-2004 10:30 AM

What's it like working at Crutchfield? I bought a lot of stuff there to put in my Z31 back in the day.

emo236 07-22-2004 10:57 AM

I work at a naval command called Fleet Numerical Meterology and Oceanography Center (FNMOC). I'm a microsystems tech here and fix stuff all day long.

entropy31 07-24-2004 08:09 AM

I'm a sonar tech on a DDG, but i cant remember the last time i did anything but janitor work! :p

Z_WRECKER 07-26-2004 04:30 PM

It's great, I love it. Great discount for employees too ;) I put a kenwood ddx7015 ( double din screen ) in my wrx and it looks sweet. I am off tomorrow so I am gonna take some pics of my car. take care guys....