The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Hello everybody!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 03:14 PM

Hello everybody!

So my first post here was an introduction, but because it had a picture embedded in the forum software rejected it so I will make a new one.

Hi, my name is Robert.I live in Lewiston, ID. I have always had lots of cars, most them cheap so when I came across a listing for an 84 nissan 300zx turbo for $900 I was intrigued. So I drove out to look at it and found a 5 speed manual with 100K on the clock, rear LSD,it started, ran,and drove with no problems.The reason it was so cheap? A car port collapsed on it crushing the passenger side of the roof.All the glass except the driver's side door,1/4,and T top were destroyed.$800 later it was on my trailer and I was heading back home. I got it home and removed the interior to clean up all the glass that was everywhere.I left out alot of the interior. All of the trim past the B pillar-gone,the sound deadening mat under the carpet-gone,the mangled rear hatch-gone, the driver side 1/4 window-gone.Enough weight that the rear end lifted up by 2 1/2".Then I put a new windshield and proceed to drive it, and I fell in love with it. Then I noticed a coolant leak from one of the intake crossover tubes above the turbo so I tore apart the front end to fix that as well as tidy up the engine bay a little bit. I knew it would never be a show winner so I decided to turn it into an awesome car to explore back roads with at speed.So I removed the nose cone and built a tubular steel bash bar to protect the front end removing 16 lbs off the front end.Then I switched to the smallest battery I was comfortable running for an 8 lb reduction in weight.The AC was also removed because it was kinda redundant with the car a permanent convertible of sorts. Then I removed the heavy as all hell powered leather seats and traded them for some manual cloth seats.Finally, I built a rear tubular bumper and saved another 11lbs off the already light rear end. Here is it now.
Attached Thumbnails Hello everybody!-dsc00599.jpg  
Old 10-20-2018, 10:38 AM

Just ran a gambler 500 with the car and it did awesome, other than a section where the organizer didn't prerun the route so it was more of a offroad trail than gravel road.I managed to get the Z through with no real damage, but it really shinned on the gravel.The dirt roads down south where the gambler was held are in the desert so they are pretty straight, So I had no problems doing 60-70 mph.The stiff suspension really helped on gravel because it basically forced the tires to be in contact with the ground at all times which gave great handling and a VERY smooth ride.The only real problem with the car is now my rear tires have alot less tread on them than when I started.Apparently, using rolling burnouts to turn for 500 miles in the desert wears out your tires prematurely, who knew..
Even with the car being a GT it seems that nissan didn't forget the lessons they learned when they rallied the 240s.Everything was tucked up nice and high and was reasonably well protected, where a friend with a geo metro his exhaust was basically shot peened off because it was exposed under the car. It was a little interesting cresting a small hill and seeing an exhaust system in the middle of the road..Here is a picture of our little convoy at balanced rock near twin falls.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 02-23-2022, 07:45 AM

What is this recipe? I've never even heard of this dish. Can you tell me other recipes for potatoes? Which one is your favorite which you cook most often https://datehookup.dating/singles-ny-buffalo-5.htm? Maybe there are some original recipes?? Most of all, I like potato pancakes and mashed potatoes. And also baked potatoes with meat or other vegetables...

Last edited by dixontaravess; 02-25-2022 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-18-2023, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by dixontaravess
What is this recipe? I've never even heard of this dish. Can you tell me other recipes for potatoes? Which one is your favorite which you cook most often https://datehookup.dating/singles-ny-buffalo-5.htm? Maybe there are some original recipes?? Most of all, I like potato pancakes and mashed potatoes. And also baked potatoes with meat or other vegetables...
Here are the car forums, why you are here to ask about recipes for something, you should go to the food forums.​​​​​​​