The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

just for fun

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 12:52 AM

just for fun

Im curious to see what people like and dislike for their cars, for example i dislike shopping cart wings, white rims(but i adore black rims with a polished lip),i dont like body kits that are too fancy, i will only buy a car if it has grey or black interior unless its one hell of a deal, i do not like big subs, i dont like fancy paint. i love a noisy exhaust. ok your turn
Old 02-15-2006, 01:52 AM
S13 or Z32?....decisions, decisions.

I think it all depends on what car we're talking about....

For the 300zx, I'm not entirely big on bodykits (unless you have to replace your damaged and painted bumper with SOMETHING ) and even then it has to be a pretty simple design, nothing too crazy looking. Big shopping cart wings can go to hell, lambo doors can too.....A nice non-fartcan sounding exhaust sytem is great, and I think a really flashy paintjob would be a little over the top for a Z, something a little more subtle is my preference. If there IS a bodykit, and a paintjob, maybe (last items) some carbon fiber stuff to at least conform it to the "import racer" style, and make it show-worthy (ie. cf hood, cf nose, and maybe some canards to accent the look.).....although don't quote me, I'm not THAT big into cf crap since it is pretty much useless.

Never been big into car audio, so 4 speakers and maybe some cheap 10's would be suffecient for me, and (although I currently have some on my car ) I don't like white rims on the 300zx either, i'd rather go for some 17" or 18" deep lip rims, 5 point, maybe in black, would look sexy as hell. Then of course a complete interior (done right if aftermarket fabric), and some exterior items to compliment the car (Jspec tails, JDM turnsignals, replaced 3rd brake light).....and thats it.

Last edited by RPS13_GZ32; 02-15-2006 at 02:50 AM.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by RPS13_GZ32
I think it all depends on what car we're talking about....

For the 300zx, I'm not entirely big on bodykits (unless you have to replace your damaged and painted bumper with SOMETHING ) and even then it has to be a pretty simple design, nothing too crazy looking. Big shopping cart wings can go to hell, lambo doors can too.....A nice non-fartcan sounding exhaust sytem is great, and I think a really flashy paintjob would be a little over the top for a Z, something a little more subtle is my preference. If there IS a bodykit, and a paintjob, maybe (last items) some carbon fiber stuff to at least conform it to the "import racer" style, and make it show-worthy (ie. cf hood, cf nose, and maybe some canards to accent the look.).....although don't quote me, I'm not THAT big into cf crap since it is pretty much useless.

Never been big into car audio, so 4 speakers and maybe some cheap 10's would be suffecient for me, and (although I currently have some on my car ) I don't like white rims on the 300zx either, i'd rather go for some 17" or 18" deep lip rims, 5 point, maybe in black, would look sexy as hell. Then of course a complete interior (done right if aftermarket fabric), and some exterior items to compliment the car (Jspec tails, JDM turnsignals, replaced 3rd brake light).....and thats it.
id have to say our taste is fairly similar then the only thing i can say we differ from what you have listed is the cf junk i enjoy it but only in moderation, i think they went too far with the cf doors and hatch , side skirts and so on. interior is my favorite part of a car as far as looks go. i dont like too much decoration under the hood either, im all about polished and crome.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:40 PM
S13 or Z32?....decisions, decisions.

Originally Posted by nismaniac
id have to say our taste is fairly similar then the only thing i can say we differ from what you have listed is the cf junk i enjoy it but only in moderation, i think they went too far with the cf doors and hatch , side skirts and so on. interior is my favorite part of a car as far as looks go. i dont like too much decoration under the hood either, im all about polished and crome.
Agreed, I also agree that cf is only good in moderation. I'm only thinking as a very last addition to an already good looking car, and even then only like a hood and nose piece, thats about as far as I could see it going w/o turning toooo ricey. (I mentioned canards in the case of a car show event, which I would more than do if the car looked that good )
Old 02-15-2006, 01:51 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

bodykits for the most part look like trash. too many of them are not tastefully done. carbon fiber is the most overused thing out there today, i am tired of it. i like exhausts that are not overly loud and farty, and i prefer the look of twin tip over single. i like to keep the interior simple, nice material is great, but no outlandish colors. i like stereos that can overcome road noise and produce clean, accurate, high quality sound. i dont need to hear it down the block, and i prefer as many components to be hidden as possible. spoilers should compliment and flow with the look of the car and be no more than about 4" tall. personally, i dont want one. as for wheels, stock look fine, i dont want anything over 17", i am a big fan of simple 5 spoke designs, in machined or gunmetal finish, i dont like chrome. i would also consider black wheels on my white car, but i would have to see it first to be sure. JDM tails and a FAIRLADY badge would be about the only exterior mods i would consider.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:25 PM

Talking

so what you guys are saying is you want an invader bodykit with pink paint, lime green interior and cf everything, haha i have cf brakes, my engine is cf, my car is so light it floats, the only problem is its so fragile that i cant sit in it.hmmmm