ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (Off Topic) (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/)
-   -   How messed up is this world? (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/how-messed-up-world-21221/)

WildmaN 12-22-2006 11:40 AM

How messed up is this world?

I just got a disturbing call today, that a great friend of mine got shot last night. He is in critical condition, and it was a robbery. I don't want to disclose too much info right now. I also don't really know too much more anyway. I can't even go and see him at the hospital. But you people on here, to me are pretty cool. So I feel comfortable on telling all of you about this.

He was shot in the stomach with a 45, by some bastard SOB. Around 10-10:30pm last night. I mean 3 days before Christmas of all things. How f#cked up is that? I am still shocked on the startling news. Oh yeah also he works at Circle K, which is a convenient store. And I regulary have hung out there on the weekends. For over 2 years, and I have know him almost 11 years. He is one of my best friends in my life. Well anyway feel free to post your thoughts on this. Also your prayers would be great right now too. And thanks.

NismoPick 12-22-2006 11:44 AM

Dayamn brah! Hope he gets better. Make sure he gets Workers Comp & Crime Victims coverage!

WildmaN 12-22-2006 12:31 PM

Thanks man, I do have an update though. I was told he is walking around, and wants to go back to work. Un-friggin-believable! Well that is his strong willed spirit. Not much gets him down. Anyway another friend of mine, said he was going to buy him a purple heart. LOL. I got a kick out of that. He wanted to buy him a bulletproof vest. But it was too expensive. It was just to lighten the mood, and put some humor in there. I feel a lot better now, that I know he is moving around. God's hand was definately touching him today. And looking out for him. Man what a huge relief.

SpeciallySpiked 12-22-2006 01:05 PM

Man! that's pretty horrible! I hope he recovers completely and the guy is caught (if he hasn't been already)

emo236 12-22-2006 01:43 PM

in my prayers for sure. I'm glad he's getting better already...truly supernatural! Good work on being a caring friend. Prayer is the most significant thing you could of asked for for him IMO.

SportBikeMike 12-22-2006 01:46 PM

Sorry to hear about that WildmaN, I hope he has a full recovery and justice is brought to the rat bastard that did this...

SHADY280 12-22-2006 04:48 PM

dude sorry to hear, but good to hear he is aight so far, never outta the woods till ya really get better.

snwbrderphat540 12-22-2006 06:55 PM

thats ruff, thank god he is walking though. sounds like he is a strong one. i have a friend that has a bullet proof vest he is in the army. he is an MP and those vests are pretty tight. i wore it around town all day once. lol. but yes they are also expensive. and thank god he had that vest. he got shot in the uper back around where his heart would be. he cam out with just a huge welt though.

thxone 12-22-2006 07:30 PM

It is always easy to prey on someone when you have a gun.....I hope the cocksucker gets his in the end, what comes around, goes around. I have seen to many people I know get shot or stabbed. I got sort of stabbed once myself in the leg...but he came out way worse than me. I hope your buddy recovers fully and doesn't let this bring him down.

z-hag 12-22-2006 08:00 PM

amen
holy shorts
god bless him

hope he is able to keep a sense of humor so he will heal best. that's your job----and a difficult one

merry__________

snwbrderphat540 12-22-2006 11:53 PM

one time my uncle got stapped in the leg with a steak knife by his wife at the time.. she is crazy. needless to say. it didnt last long. however out of those two i gotta a pretty cookl cousin that is my age so it wasnt all for the worse.

i8acobra 12-23-2006 07:25 AM

I'll donate $10 towards the vest fund. Anyone else?

WildmaN 12-28-2006 03:07 PM

An update for all of you. Last I heard which was the 25th. He is walking around, and got his phone taken from him. Calling people he shouldn't be. Anyway supposedly they caught the robber. He was involved in another robbery roughly 2 or 3 miles from the cirlce K. Anyway will let you know more when I find out. As for my friend, it sounds like he made a full recovery.

As for the vest thanks for the thought. But it was mainly to throw in some humor for my friend. I know he wouldn't wear a vest anyway. But I do appreciate the thought nonetheless cobra.

WildmaN 12-28-2006 03:08 PM

Also thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Just wanted to let you know that, it means a lot.