The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Homemade Tattooing

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 01:02 PM
w0rld's l0ngest m0t0rswap

Homemade Tattooing

Hey so i'm researching doing this homemade tattoo business, has anyone had any experience doing this? Hopefully this week i'm goign to run to joann's fabrics and pick up some india ink or higgins ink and use a guitar string and get started. I dont know if i can practice but I want to know more information before i dive into this. The only thing i'm concerned about is getting ink poisoning because i'm going to be around a highly veinous region. Tell me what you think, and please save the mom comments for mom.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Haterade by da gallon!

lol dont, i thought about it, i even made a homemade gun but yeah you can really mess your self up if you dont get the right size neddle or right speed of motor(if you dont have a speed pedel)
Old 03-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Über User

prison style eh? yeah thats a bad bad idea, just pay to get it done.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
just pay to get it done.
i'll pay for brain surgery and bud but why pay for piercings or tattoos when u can do them yourself?
Old 03-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Über User

infections and quality for the most part.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Pr0n Addict

why pay for bud when you can grow it yourself?
Old 03-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Haterade by da gallon!

Originally Posted by KasbeKZ
why pay for bud when you can grow it yourself?
good point lol
Old 03-03-2009, 03:29 PM

okay its wayyy hard to grow a quality bud i mean have you tried it?? plus i'm on a college campus so...
Old 03-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Pr0n Addict

i know a few people who have been successful in it. i wasn't suggesting it, just saying it wasn't a good argument.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:06 PM

self-made tattoo gun = cool

self-drawn tattoos = cool

tattooing yourself = not cool (perspective is all screwed up since you can only see so much of your body without being a olympic contortionist.)

tattooing yourself with self made tattoo gun = i've got a half million reasons why thats a bad idea, least of which being that its gonna hurt hella worse than any ink you'll ever get in your life from someone with the propper equipment. tattooing is not the same as drawing. trust me theres a lot more to it than meets the eye. thats why they have colleges and schools for teaching tattoo work. if you really insist on it then i guess theres nothing to really stop you except your own pain tolerance and ability to draw a strait line while under said pain. but prison grade tattoo's, self-inked or not, usually end up getting covered up by someone who actually knows what the hell they're doing. i've witnessed the making of one tattoo gun and its use on the same person who made it. the results were not pretty and he had it covered up after he got back out of juvee.

if you want a self tattooing method that alot of folks (myself included) can get behind, there are two methods that i would recommend. good ole fashioned hammer, ink, and chissel method tattooing, and Hot-iron branding. do some research. you'll figure out what i'm talkin about. i recommend the former before you dive off into the later. its a lil easier to do and you can take your time and correct any mistakes, or better yet, make fewer mistakes. it is permanent after all. [if you do it right]
Old 03-03-2009, 06:40 PM

Veinous region, huh, are you goona tattoo your ***** or what?
I started tattooing with indian ink a needle and thread back in 97. Graduated to homemade machines, then started to work with real machines 8 years ago. I have now been tattooing professionally, out of a shop for almost three years. Now, I state the obvious. DONT DO IT!!! You will be paying some one like me to fix your **** up in a year(if you can even find somebody to cover it, lot of artist around here wouldnt even **** with it). Besides the risk of infection there are so many bloodborne diseases nowadays its not even funny. Shops are sterile, needles are SINGLE USE ONLY! Special cleaning agents are used. Hepatites C can live outside of the human body for up to 72 hours. Bleach, achohol, or a lighter WILL NOT kill anything. If you want ink go to a shop. If you want a career out of it, do it right. Get all your drawings and paintings together in a folder and start hitting shops up for an apprentice ship. Once you start out of the house you wont be able to get into a shop, nobody wants to help some one out who scratches. There are some of us out there who started this way, but its rare. If I could do it all over again I would have done it much differently.
If you want "tat" yourself up do it, nobodys stopping you. Be another one of these dumb *** kids that come in our shop and think they know something because they have some piece of **** blob on there arm, and think there some hard pipe hitin mother fck'er. Just do everbody else a favor and dont try to tattoo your friends and get/give some body a blood bourne disease that you WILL live with the rest of your/their life.
This is not a "mom" speal, I do this for a living and love what I do.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:35 PM

You pansies, it worked out great, even though it looks terrible I'm the only male who'll see it until I go to prison, and I'm very pleased with it!! Plus I probably saved myself fifty bucks, but I'm goign to go over it for the fourth time tomorrow, yes fourth. Each time takes about 2 hours, but It gets pretty boring on sundays so its sorta my tradition now hahah
Old 04-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Pr0n Addict

i can't believe i just read dialect from someone that tattoo'ed his dick.

why does it matter what males would think of it? don't you care what the ladies that will see it think of it?
Old 04-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Über User

tattoo a hitler stache on yourself that would be cool
Old 04-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Usedta be Justin260z

Simpsons did it.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Haterade by da gallon!

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
tattoo a hitler stache on yourself that would be cool
well if your gonna go that far might as well shave your head and get some swastikas tated up... tell everyone that you really love 280zx wheels and that its really hot outside as an excuse though
Old 04-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Über User

hitler wasn't bald
Old 04-22-2009, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by thetremendousti
I'm the only male who'll see it until I go to prison,
you plannin to hit the slammer? meh, whatever. i'da rather gotten a jacobs ladder myself. less time, fewer needles, and it actually has a semi-practical purpose. but hey, its your junk, do what ya want with it.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:48 PM
I'm a Registered User!

So... you saved $50 to get a tattoo that looks terrible??

Am I missing something?
Old 04-22-2009, 08:40 PM
Über User

dick fall off yet? lol.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Ruff Ryder

you get one of these

then you get some of this

just make sure the cuts are deep enough to make the skin absorb the ink, doesnt hurt abd if you have a steady hand it will actually look decent.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by JPerkins
you plannin to hit the slammer? meh, whatever. i'da rather gotten a jacobs ladder myself. less time, fewer needles, and it actually has a semi-practical purpose. but hey, its your junk, do what ya want with it.
Hey bud,

What the hell is a jacob's ladder?
Old 04-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Über User

welllll... a REAL jacobs ladder is the one from genesis that leads to heaven. the piercing jacobs ladder is messed up.... just think of what male appandage can be made to look like a ladder and how it could be....
Old 04-23-2009, 03:20 PM

F*** that ****!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Über User

you can also probably google the image.

Quick Reply: Homemade Tattooing