The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

have you ever been rained on?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 09:09 PM
caught the z fever

have you ever been rained on?

Like the title says...Have you ever been rained on with the t-tops off or the vert top down?

It has happened to me 4 times in the last month.
First time I was driving to soccer practice...got stopped at a stop light anddrove about 2 miles in the rain.
Second time i forgot my t-tops at home while I was at work. Tried putting trash bags over the openings, but they caved in. Had to pull the wet vac out when I got home.
Third time my friend decided to take them off, and while we were on the interstate it started pouring. It was over in 4 minutes tho, and the only water that got in was water running off the windshield
The fourth time was tonight. I forgot my t-tops again, but when I left it was sunny. Since I work in a basement, i had no clue that it had been raining for over an hour. i pulled out the wet vac and a hair dryer this time, and i have a fuse out that i cant find
Old 07-18-2005, 09:56 PM
Silvered Hawaiian

no... so i guess no story to tell
Old 07-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

Rain?
What's that?
We have a drought going on right now.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:06 AM
Ruined By Spudz

yeah, i hauled *** to a gas station..didn't do anything and i gots tha suede package poppin off!!

lol, Z_Wreck has some stories on this topic :-D
Old 07-19-2005, 02:26 AM
S13 or Z32?....decisions, decisions.

LoL, that sucks man, I haven't been stuck in the rain yet except for what leaks past the window seals. But I have on two occasions now left the T-Tops off over night to wake up and find the lawn sprinklers watering my leather seats and dash...didn't do any damage, but made everything pretty dusty/dirty and pissed me off. Thats my story.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:40 AM
The Evil Twin

Thats quite a bit of water damage there! I can remember only one time stuck in the rain with my t-tops off. They were left at home. I was on the freeway at 70 going home though so I had minimal amount of water inside.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:17 PM
caught the z fever

Originally Posted by b300z
and i have a fuse out that i cant find
i checked thru all my fuses under the dead petal...theyre all fine, checked the fuses under the hood and by the battery too
the only 2 things that i know dont work right now are the passenger window and the cd player
Old 07-19-2005, 05:26 PM
Bad Speller

ther only time I got caught in the rain was at schopol. it was not bad at all thouhg. it was like 3rd period I believe. nad when the lttle water drops before rain came on . I heard the speaker "pshhhs!!! will the owner of a Silver Nissan 300ZX please report to the parking lot. the roof of the car is off." i jetted out side to put em on. and nothign got wet. just liek this guy said. it was as if I left them off overnight. minimal wetness. if anithign it was damp. no damage wat so ever. (when i got back to class it was cool people was like "ohhh so you are that maniac smoking all them ricers out there.) i just acted liek no bigf deal and said (uhm yeah i think that's me) and sat ack down. lol pretty funny the way I ran. never knew i could run so fast on school grounds. now if only i could run the fast on the Phisical Exam finals that wold eb great. so back to topic. only got damp no damage. it was cool.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:59 PM
S13 or Z32?....decisions, decisions.

LoL, dont you love those moments when you can brag about your car and act like its nothing? LoL, that must have been nice to be called outta class for your t-tops, I don't think my old HS would have given a damn, your lucky your administration is nice.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:30 AM
caught the z fever

haha..i once had a time when i accidently turned my lights on as i parked my car at school. i guess there was 3 or 4 announcements about a blue sports car with its lights on, but i didnt hear any of them. but someone told me they were on, and i ran out to turn them off, but they were already off....what a waste
Old 07-22-2005, 09:07 AM
The Evil Twin

My car tells me when I leave my lights on!
Old 07-22-2005, 11:10 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Ha Ha mine too, lights are on, lights are on!
Old 07-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Ruined By Spudz

I like to spray **** with a hose. No, I am dam good at it too..If you close your eyes, I can make it feel like it's raining. You'd be like "That is REALLY cold rain"
Old 07-23-2005, 09:45 PM
caught the z fever

Originally Posted by My Fairlady Z
I like to spray **** with a hose. No, I am dam good at it too..If you close your eyes, I can make it feel like it's raining. You'd be like "That is REALLY cold rain"
dude...thats just wrong...
in many ways
Old 07-27-2005, 07:44 PM

Hey I was reading this thread one day and kinda found it funny when I went to victorville the next day to see my aunt. We were driving and it started pouring to the point that you couldn't see anything two feet in front of you. We pulled over and were going to wait for it to lighten up. Ten minutes later it didn't so we drove down the road and it got worse, and again we pulled over but this time we were at an Autozone. We parked and shut the car off and five minutes later a guy with his 78 Z28 pulls in the parking lot in the pouring rain without... you guessed it his T-Tops. I kinda felt bad for the guy because he didn't even have them with him and it was a light rain it was heavy and his car was soaked I don't know wut happened after that because we left....