The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Getting Arrested?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Bad Speller

Getting Arrested?

U guy's think I'd go to jail for drifting on the schools football stadium? pretty dam tempting. the PE field is nothign btu tarmac exept for the basketball courts but it's a huge flat black top. think I'd get arrested?
Old 06-22-2005, 08:20 PM

Yes. It'd be treated much like a "Sideshow"; reckless driving on private property.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:10 PM

hmmm DO IT!

HAHA THAT WOULD BE FROM A TEENAGERS POINT OF VIEW.

but yes..why would you go to jail for that? Shouldnt you be long gone b4 the cops come?!
Old 06-23-2005, 12:31 AM
Externally Wastegated

I would advise against it. My friend got caught once for doing a similar stunt and he got his license revoked for a year and his insurance premiums went up quite a bit too. Course he was stupid enough to keep on doing donuts on the field even as we were trying to signal him to stop cause the man was waiting for him at the other end of the field....
Old 06-23-2005, 05:55 AM
Jack Of All Trades

ha.......... it ain't like it used to be. when I was a teenager, two things stick out in memory. The high school I went to had two levels. There were concrete stairs with about a 50 ft elevvation change. During the summer, I'd take my dirt bike over to the school and jump it down the stairs. It wasn't a good thing to jump far enough to clear all of the stairs.......... it hurt. BUT, I'd do it a number of times then go home. Never saw a cop.

Another time........... I'd just got my bike running and I was riding this big long wheelie all the way up a street (that fronted the high school) (I lived across the street from the hs). As I was cruzing along on my back wheel, I saw a cop pull up to a stop sign ahead, he saw me, he came towards me fast, I let the wheel down and came to a stop as he came to a stop. He asked me what I was doing and I told him I just got my engine running and I was testing it out. He said I shouldn't be riding it on the street, and then he said have a nice day. I was blown away.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Z8 driver

Originally Posted by bardabe
U guy's think I'd go to jail for drifting on the schools football stadium? pretty dam tempting. the PE field is nothign btu tarmac exept for the basketball courts but it's a huge flat black top. think I'd get arrested?

It depends on where you live... here in alabama, that sort of thing is customary... in fact, it's encouraged.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Bad Speller

Originally Posted by lessthanjabo
It depends on where you live... here in alabama, that sort of thing is customary... in fact, it's encouraged.
LUCKY!!!! I live in cali so does it apply to me?
Old 06-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Z8 driver

Originally Posted by bardabe
LUCKY!!!! I live in cali so does it apply to me?
heh, considering you guys have to get your cars tested to make sure you're not poluting the air any more than normal... I'd say they weren't too favorable on wreckless driving
Old 06-23-2005, 11:37 AM

I would argue that CA is one of the toughest states on automotive shenanigans.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by Heat Rave R
I would argue that CA is one of the toughest states on automotive shenanigans.
And getting worse. I've heard where groups of guys just out on a friendly, law abiding, cruz are getting harrassed by the officers of the law,

lol........ I bet the cops are trying to provoke some high speed chases just so they can get their rocks off...............
Old 06-23-2005, 05:12 PM

hey i forogt about exhibition of speed!!!

i was following my friend 2 years ago and he did a burn out in front of me(didnt help both of our cars were the same GO ALTIMAS )!

next thing i know theres a cop behind me telling us both to pull over to the side.

we got our cars impounded and both fined $300 for exhibition of speed. hmmm they sure as hell didnt tell us about the extra $300 at the towing yard...

fortuently for me the cops didnt even bring the ticket to court. the bad part...they took $300 from me and my friend totalling 600!! BASTARDS!!!
Old 06-23-2005, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
And getting worse. I've heard where groups of guys just out on a friendly, law abiding, cruz are getting harrassed by the officers of the law,

lol........ I bet the cops are trying to provoke some high speed chases just so they can get their rocks off...............
Honestly, I take it as one of those cases of some bad apples making the rest of us look bad. When you've got tons of young guys out there doing illegal races, sideshows, and other automotive hijinx, it naturally makes the suspicion fall on other car enthusiasts like us.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by Heat Rave R
Honestly, I take it as one of those cases of some bad apples making the rest of us look bad. When you've got tons of young guys out there doing illegal races, sideshows, and other automotive hijinx, it naturally makes the suspicion fall on other car enthusiasts like us.
BINGO...... It's the same for alot of things...... carz, bikers, skaters, partiers............ all of the anti-social activities
Old 06-23-2005, 08:46 PM
Bad Speller

Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
BINGO...... It's the same for alot of things...... carz, bikers, skaters, partiers............ all of the anti-social activities
yeah... true i forgot how much it pisses me off when people from clubs show up at our drft sessions and fork it all over.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:44 PM

Just do it! Sounds like you need some time alone to think about adult life, so what the heck!

Old 06-25-2005, 05:39 PM

i say go for it. im sure you will have a damn good time doing it DRIFT THAT SHIZNIT!!!
Old 06-25-2005, 09:15 PM
Bad Speller

Well im not gonna do it. too much to risk for too littel or no gain.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:20 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

awwww, our little bardabe is growing up. good call, not worth it.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:08 PM

Just wondering,....what were going to attempt this assanine feat of stupidity in? Mom's Accord?
Old 06-26-2005, 08:47 PM
caught the z fever

maybe in his brothers pontiac
or his dads truck
or maybe in a golf cart

but i would say accord...reverse donuts are sweet
Old 06-26-2005, 08:50 PM
Jack Of All Trades

don't forget the skyline too..............
Old 06-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Bad Speller

reverse donuts are sweet i agree lol. btu yeah the golf cart was the plan. school, has alot of those, john deers too.