ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (Off Topic) (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/)
-   -   Friday the 13th (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/friday-13th-22497/)

apollo 04-13-2007 08:04 PM

Friday the 13th

So what happened to you all, if anything, on this crazy ass day?

Well i dont normaly pay too much attention, but today was ****in nuts. I was in a HUGE pile up and was almost hit by a semi trying to avoid all of us that had already bapped and come to a stop. The truck missed my passenger door by about 3 feet. What a ****ing nightmare. It was all going so slow too. My first though was " i guess thats it". Seriously. I had a feeling of utter hopelessness and completion, if that makes any sense. But leave it to nissan to design a tuff ass lil truck. I was in the company Frontier and was rear ended hella ****ing hard. The dude that hit me must have been doing at least 60pmh. His car was toast. The nissan? The shiny chrome bumper is now nicked and the corner is pushed in. . . .thats it. Taillight didnt even receive a scratch. I spun about 1 and a half times too i think. Oh wells. Live and learn i guess. SEATBELTS SAVE LIVES!!!!

entropy31 04-13-2007 08:08 PM

thank FSM it wasnt the Z you were driving.

apollo 04-13-2007 08:15 PM

Yea . . .the Z woulda been torn in half. ****en crucial

entropy31 04-13-2007 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by apollo
Yea . . .the Z woulda been torn in half. ****en crucial

pivotal......

SportBikeMike 04-13-2007 10:46 PM

Damn! Glad to see you weren't injured.

hoov100 04-13-2007 11:46 PM

yea, nissan does have safety in mind. i t-boned a exploder doing 65 and if it wherent for the air bags or seatbelts i would be missing my face...

Fast240Z 04-14-2007 01:16 AM

Glad you're okay Apollo, sounds like a pretty eventful day. Me, I didn't really do anything, sat at home and hung out with some friends; same stuff, different day.

BC240Z 04-14-2007 07:45 AM

Tough act to follow.......
I guess the best I can do, is..... another Z car!!
found a '71.. six hunnerd bucks CDN.(at least, thats what he "wants")
the man says she's mostly complete, plus. many extra fenders, doors, glass, trim, Bumpers..etc!!!!!! ( I need bumpers BAD for my '72) he says, take it all,or take nothing..it all goes fer the six bills..I GOTTA do it!
I'll have pic's sunday, after the Nextel cup race.

Geez, now I know where theres no less than 3.. no..four!; first gen Z-rockets!! all right here in the Okanagan Valley! 2 '71's.. a '70 and a '73, converted(?) inta a '59(?) Ferrari "Rossa Spyder" replicar..what a strange front end these beast's had!

Wish me luck....
(ps.. all these "bodies" are in at least restorable cond... if ya want one..lemme know, maybe we can work something out. NO..I will not sell just parts..err maybe)

snwbrderphat540 04-14-2007 11:07 AM

hmmm.... what did i do, well i went to U of I got shit faced threw up on dunken donuts basken robins, yeha, i gave em 32 flavors ;) then i slept. friday the 13th was pretty awsome for me i guess.

CanyonCarver 04-14-2007 11:31 AM

Damn, you shoud stay off the roadz next year. Glad you're o.k.

Mine wasn't as eventful. I was driving home thru traffic. With three lanes blocked by slow arsses, I jumped into the carpool lane at two minutes till three doing 80 mph. (carpool lane rules go into effect at 3:00. As I made the pass and checked the mirror to move back over, I saw a CHP jump into the carpool lane, coming up hot and fast. I moved over and got it back down to around 70 before he paced me a little ways and then he zoomed on ahead. :paranoid:

Bleach 04-14-2007 01:33 PM

I went to a nice pool hall with some friends for a guys birthday party. He got really drunk and even though nothing happened, they kicked him out. I guess you can't get drunk at a upper class establishment. Then he just about jumped head first down a really long escalator but luckily I grabbed him to stop him from early death. Then we drug him outside and some people took him home. :) The I couldn't find my car for a while. The Bellevue square parking garages confused me.
OH, and my friend broke up with her boyfriend last night.
I lost at a game of pool. :(

WildmaN 04-14-2007 07:19 PM

Well sorry to hear that Apollo, glad you are allright brother. And thank God it wasn't the Z man. :)

Anyway my Friday the 13th rocked! Check the thread I ressurected from the dead, and read my post. It is in off-topic, it will tell you how my Friday was. he he:unibrow: Aw screw it here it is:
https://www.zdriver.com/forums/showt...t=21856&page=4

z-hag 04-15-2007 03:11 PM

can anyone have more adventure than apollo on fri 13?????? i think NOT........glad you are ok.........i knew it was gonna be a loser day, so i stayed as close to home as possible--my tires got chalked so i had to move my detroit iron...........at least i will be good for another prolly 6 months.....??....!!!...apollo--next time stay home.......:paranoid: ..

Riz Z Speed 04-15-2007 07:52 PM

glad to hear you earned a story to tell your grandchildren. :D

I was sick on thursday. I was sick on friday. I was sick on saturday.
I'm still frickin' sick. that's pretty much my world right now.

js9krcr01040 04-15-2007 10:55 PM

Um... it was supposed to be a day off but it turned out I had to work all day... bastards.