The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

bad luck................again

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 12:12 PM
caught the z fever

bad luck................again

well, i just had to do it
a week after talking about tickets...i got one
figures

it wasnt all my fault tho, and i dont even think the cop saw me either
he was just sitting in the McDonald's parking lot half a block away, and i just had to want to eat there as well, so i guess he heard me

what happened was i was sitting at a stop sign waiting to turn left, and since the traffic going right was backed up, i couldnt see if there were any cars coming, so i just pulled out a little bit to check again and gunned it just in case someone was coming. my wheels spun a little bit and my tires squealed a bit as i turned left and my exhaust got loud, and i threw it into second and they squealed a little bit again and then let off the gas and turned behind McD's. i didnt really mean to squeal the tires either, i just didnt want to get hit. but i couldnt say that to the cop cuz i didnt know if he could see me

but he gave me an unsafe movement ticket...i am soo screwed, my cars gonna be in the garage again, but im kinda happy cuz it has different colored panels on it
anyways im stupid, so yea, just make fun of me
Old 10-25-2004, 12:59 PM

Unsafe Movement???? I had one of those once...It was a couple hours after eating too much Spicy Mexican food.

A friend of mine got a ticket for unsafe turns once. We were in his truck doing donut in the sand at Pismo Beach. A ranger nailed us just as we were leaving. I miss college.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:52 PM
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Fan

Please don't elaborate on that "unsafe movement" 91.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:08 PM
Loves Going Topless

Unsafe movement let me tell ya.... maybe not. hey 91 they still run buggies on Pismo and Oceaano (spelling on that) We used to have a blast back in the late 60's and early 70's down there. Had a 348GMC coupled straight to a 2spd powerglide tranny w/separate rear brakes with stick controls. You could turn it on a dime. It would eat the VW buggies alive.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:01 PM

well B does your DAD know about it yet????
Old 10-25-2004, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by tnkrstoyco
Unsafe movement let me tell ya.... maybe not. hey 91 they still run buggies on Pismo and Oceaano (spelling on that) We used to have a blast back in the late 60's and early 70's down there. Had a 348GMC coupled straight to a 2spd powerglide tranny w/separate rear brakes with stick controls. You could turn it on a dime. It would eat the VW buggies alive.
We tried to get over to the dunes where you can do it legally, but it had rained a bunch (el nino) and the re was a river down the beach. We coudn't get across. We just decided to play right there where people were walking. Oops. The whole story is hilarious, but one of those ones where you have to be there to see the facial expressions, so I won't go into details.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:36 AM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by tnkrstoyco
they still run buggies on Pismo and Oceano.....
yep ........................
Old 10-26-2004, 10:07 AM

i don't even wanna get started with acops around here... the first started messing with me when i was 16 with a Z, and then they just followed my progress, pulling me over every other day.... i know all the cops in the city and 2 surrounding counties, now that i am a bit older and after they toom my lisence away for 6 months they are not as bad, but dicks anyway... i got pulled over a few weeks back in my wrx, and officer Coffin was like...."well well well.... i see you got yourself another vehicle, i am gonna have to keep an eye on you" ...2 days later i get pulled over my officer Jackson (who was a cop in my school) he just wanted to chat, and make sure that my indash tv is hooked up properly... I just switched it to navigation, and he couldn't do anything ...they are dicks but there are a few good ones, who let me slide once my foot gets too heavy. mostly younger cops are a-holes, while older ones actually seem to understand a bit better

But AllmyZs that was some funny stuff about a speeding ticket while you are sitting still....and i gotta hand it to you about telling them off like u did.... i did the same thing but i lost my license
Old 10-26-2004, 11:47 AM
caught the z fever

yea my parents know

my dad was just like..."well you need to watch out and make sure theres no cops around"...but my mom was really gay
but what i am scared of the most is my gf...i am her ride most of the time, plus theres a big party this weekend, and if i am she will personally chop me up

allmyzs, sounds like you have had some fun with cops...i just dont understand them sometimes

z-just about all the sheriffs know me and my car, and all the cops always stare at me like im doing something wrong...i barely ever speed to where they can pull me over
Old 10-26-2004, 12:38 PM

You never really need to speed. Is it really that much fun to drive down an ordinary street at 10/15/20 MPH over the speed limit? No. It's kinda stupid. Do you really need to hammer the throttle leaving from a stop sign or light when it's wet? No. It's kinda stupid. Pick your spots and have it make sense. Get the most bang for your buck. Each time you speed, you increase the chances of getting a ticket. Speed in places where it's unlikely that a cop will be hiding. Freeway onramps, narrow winding roads, strecthes of road where you can see forever and know there isn't a cop around, etc. Otherwise, it's kinda stupid. Try not to draw negative attention to yourself (burnouts primarily). Cops use a basic equation.....squealing tires + young kid + powerful car = opportunity for powertrip. Don't give them that apportunity.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:55 PM

I know how you guys feel. They have a gang unit up here comprised of mainly ex L.A. cops who are on a serious powertrip and usually pretty freekin scared because in Idaho everybody carries a gun in their car. They're just not used to it and it scares the hell out of them. I've been pulled over before for driving too far in reverse before up here. You name it I've probably gotten a ticket for it. I got pulled over by a gang unit once up here because I was driving a little lowrider cavalier. The cop said it was because he couldn't see my temporary registration thru the back window. Meanwhile he approached the car with his gun drawn while his partner came around the other side with his gun drawn. The cops up here are on a major powertrip. I used to live in California in the Bay and they were a lot more tolerable than these idiots. The cops up here have nothing better to do than to harrass kids. Granted I will agree with 91 that a lot of the time we bring it on ourselves but that doesn't mean they have to be dicks about it.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:58 PM
Jack Of All Trades

I guess I'm just an old slow poke. .... ... My last moving violation was in 1984. I did figure that I'd have a couple by now with this car. (knock on wood). My attitude has always been that they're generally not looking for me specifically, and if I'm continually looking out for them, I'll see them before they see me.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
I guess I'm just an old slow poke. .... ... My last moving violation was in 1984. I did figure that I'd have a couple by now with this car. (knock on wood). My attitude has always been that they're generally not looking for me specifically, and if I'm continually looking out for them, I'll see them before they see me.
I was like almost 2
Old 10-27-2004, 04:56 PM

Whatever.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:06 AM

whats up with whatevers 91???? feeling down man?
Old 10-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Fan

Originally Posted by Z_WRECKER
I was like almost 2
I was 1 at the time .

Last edited by ZXDude90; 10-28-2004 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:16 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by Z_WRECKER
whats up with whatevers 91???? feeling down man?
He can't type much ......... his knuckles and fingertips are all bloody.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:47 PM

Something like that. Just didn't have much to say.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:36 PM
Ruined By Spudz

I wasn't even born yet . I was still a happy little tadpole searching for my home .
Old 10-29-2004, 11:55 AM
caught the z fever

91, most of the time i only go 5 over, which the cops dont care about.
i dont consider myself a stupid driver...just a really unlucky one

some of my friends and other people always try to get me to do crazy stuff in my car....ive let in maybe once....i am known as a ***** driver by some cuz i dont do a bunch of stupid stuff in my car

if i do feel like letting lose, i got to an empty parking lot...with no poles ....where i learn how to drive my car(being that it is rear wheel)

ive also got a country road picked out to where i can test acceleration and speed and stuff
and i have yet to do a burnout...ive only done 2 real donuts in this car too
Old 10-29-2004, 12:42 PM
VIVA LA Z31!

Theres a bunch of good stories but this line is the best...

Originally Posted by AllmyZs
I told him he could take his Kangaroo court and Lying A!@ cops and stick them up their back side. .
HAHA that is so funny.

Rob
Old 10-29-2004, 12:53 PM

yeah i liked that one too...stay smart B, and stay in school :rockon: