ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (Off Topic) (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/)
-   -   another drinking thread (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/another-drinking-thread-30242/)

KasbeKZ 03-01-2010 06:25 PM

another drinking thread

so guys. i'm not yet 21 but i'm getting over to wales for spring break, where i'm legal, and going out a bit. up to this point, i've always just drank whatever i can get my hands on, considering i'm usually trying to make it as easy as possible for whoever is getting it for me.

so... when ordering at a bar, what's good? what's feminine and what's manly? what's cheap, but good as well. what's expensive and good? anyone been to europe and have a beer to recommend that you can't get over here?and yes, i know they often serve it warm. fill me in guys!

KasbeKZ 03-01-2010 08:17 PM

and, someone's telling me to try a buttery nipple. anyone have an opinion on this? gay? good?

thetremendousti 03-01-2010 10:23 PM

okay the name "buttery nipple" doesn't exactly scream " i have hair on my chest" now does it.... a quick google search and from drinkstreet.com

''The best shot ever

Buttery nipples are the most awesome shot ever, especially if you're a girl and sometimes don't want something super strong.''

FACE
PALM

I've never gone to a foreign country and i only drink cheap beer but in any just try them all!! EVERY SINGLE BEER THEY HAVE AVAILABLE :s-chainsaw::s-chainsaw::s-chainsaw::s-chainsaw::s-chainsaw:

snwbrderphat540 03-01-2010 11:31 PM

you can't go wrong with shots and bombs. any mixed SHOT is girly though because it is a shot size but not straight. bombs have a full shot in them with a little mix to ease it. jager bombs O bombs vegas bombs and izzy bombs and good and common. also beer is ok, but Europe is very into full flavor beers and as such making them warm is even more flavorful. so if you aren't a beer guy stay aways or you will look like a fool. crandberry and vodka is a decent drink as well as jack and coke for something decent strong but drinkable and not feminine. buttery nipples are great, but yes girly in a sense.

as far as what is cheap, ask if there are any specials or get just a mixer say rum n coke or something and they use lower shelf stuff to save you money or any beer on tap is usually priced decent.

KasbeKZ 03-02-2010 08:14 AM

ahh very nice. thanks guys.

bombs shots and beer on tap it is!

KasbeKZ 03-02-2010 02:05 PM

so, it's not crazy to order just any liquor up there in any way? a shot of crown royal, or vodka on the rocks?

there just seems to be such a strict fasion about drinking, and i don't want to order something and have the bar tender look at me weird

thetremendousti 03-02-2010 02:37 PM

dude get some genuine absinthe :s-chainsaw::s-chainsaw::s-chainsaw::s-chainsaw:

KasbeKZ 03-02-2010 02:52 PM

haha if they have it on shelves over there you can bet your ass i'll be getting some

Laxguy 03-03-2010 07:41 AM

There are Especially different kinds of alchohal that you can find in different regions.. Exsecially beer, drink what you can't get here... The bartender usually knows whats good too..

KasbeKZ 03-03-2010 09:05 AM

word. i'll probably do that! ask the bartender for a good beer

vitaminZ 03-26-2010 03:52 PM

Not too sure about beer in the wales..but they love their scotch..J&B and ginger ale.. black label and ginger ale..crown..etc..its REALLY smooth!

But just a rule of thumb..start drinking soft things ( beer etc.. ) early..and if you are going to drink the hard stuff early..mix it very heavy with ginger-ale to dilute it. Remember your in a foreign land..don't wanna get too carried away.

but enjoy!!!!!

snwbrderphat540 03-26-2010 08:34 PM

dont mix beer and hard alcohol. i do it alot, and can tell you from experience. lol.

vitaminZ 03-27-2010 07:29 AM

LOL yeah..well make sure you eat before you go to bed and drink plenty of water ( After you drink )..or you'll get a nasty hang over

vitaminZ 03-27-2010 07:30 AM

oh and try ( if you can ) to munch on a snack while your drinking.