FS: 300ZX (84-89) Z31 Cars & Parts

Looking for pricing advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2022, 09:49 AM

Looking for pricing advice

Have been delaying this post for a few years, but sadly the time has come to part with my wife's '89 300Z. Haven't been active in the 300Z world for 15 years so looking for help in determining a fair price.

It was her daily driver from 'Feb '94 until Jan '07 when we purchased her a new car. She is 2nd owner...the first owner was a single female from Muncie, IN purchasing the car new. It is a rare turbo car (think 210 were made), mileage is 96922....about 30k of that is my wife's contribution. It is an automatic with grey leather interior. Has a digital dash and power drivers seat...both work fine. The car is totally stock with all OEM parts except for the rear shocks...couldn't justify installing the pricey air shocks so installed aftermarket. Even the muffler is OEM. Sometime in '05/06 my wife parallel parked in front or our Post Office and when she returned to the car the left front fender and front bumper cover were damaged. Somebody trying to park in front of her obviously turned in too soon...and left the scene. A neighbor/friend managed our insurance office and I coerced an OEM fender and bumper cover for the repair. During the repair I had the body shop prep and repaint the entire car...it was and remains bright red. She loved it!!

The only thing wrong with the car is about 5" of the stitching on side of the drivers side seat broke/wore out. My wife is a seamstress and resewed it by hand. We planned to have both seats recovered but never did it. Also the rubber flaps over the headlights have deteriorated. The pass is side gone...drivers side about to go. We have replacement rubber sheeting to repair but have not done it. Otherwise the car is near pristine. In fact, just as we quit driving the car in '07 I noticed the front tires were bad. Thinking we were going to keep it for one of our sons I put 2 new tires on the front and during that noticed the water pump was leaking. So I R&R'd the water pump, and while at it replaced the timing belt and thermostat. Since then we start the car occasionally but have driven it less than 5 miles....just down the driveway and back. It has been climate controlled garage kept totally since we purchased it...don't know about '89-94. I even put a new battery in it last year!!

So what is my wife's baby worth?? BTW...the car was registered on AZ-Bum's registry but apparently that registry is no longer maintained....think registered as "NoisC6".

Thanks for any advice, Bob (Columbus, IN)

PS....just thought of another thing "wrong"....I initially left the hood down while storing the car. A mouse got under the hood and made a nest directly behind the intake manifold and chewed on a 10" diameter of the hood liner. The liner is not chewed thru...but instead of being a dark gray color is is a yellowish color where the mouse had chewed it. No repair is needed but if a guy wanted to I think a matching spray paint would make it look near new. Lesson learned: DON'T store a car with the hood down...since then hood is up with clear plastic to keep dust off the engine compartment.