ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   FS: 300ZX (84-89) (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/fs-300zx-84-89-241/)
-   -   89 ZXT GLL Loaded (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/fs-300zx-84-89-241/89-zxt-gll-loaded-24472/)

Darkmann 12-15-2007 02:05 PM

89 ZXT GLL Loaded

5 Attachment(s)
I have found a Z32 to replace my Z31 (see pics below) and it does look like I'll have to let go of my beloved Z31. I really have to - there's no place to keep her!!! I haven't listed the car anywhere yet, but if anyone here is interested, here's a few details.

It's a 1989 turbo GLL with every feature that came that year. It's my daily driver with about 240K on the ODO. Doesn't smoke, but I do have a small leak, and it looks like it's the oil pan gasket. The ODO is to my best knowledge (e-mail me for details on this) since my digital power control unit died last year - it was replaced this past summer, thanks to a forum member, and the ODO shows 230K, but I'd add another 10K to that, just to be safe. I do have a spare digital display that works - thanks again to a forum member.

The car is basically stock. I did the 5-spd swap (and even wrote a book on it in the old Z31 forum), clutch and associated hardware (including flywheel and driveshaft, rear main seal, tranny back end seal) where done just a few months ago, the front wheel bearings were done last month, and I also put in new front end sway bar end links (the "T" type ball joint thingy at the end of the links). I did the timing belt with water pump, tensioner, etc, etc last summer. I do have poly-U on both front and rear suspension components, Illumina at all corners, along with SS springs. The rims are mesh ARE shod with new Sumitomo HTRZ up front and at the rear. The oil lines from the cooler were replaced last summer also, all OEM parts.

Frankly, the car still drives great. It's been on Mobil-1 since 15K and been dealer serviced mostly - all major work has been done by me or at the dealer. In the past 2 yrs, I have been using WalMart for oil changes - still Mobil-1. The driver's seat is new (did that over the summer) and I even have my functional but partly "torn" tonneau cover.

The stuff that doesn't work: passenger side heated mirror (probably disconnected), cruise control (I disconnected during swap and never bothered to reconnect), the passenger inside door knob doesn't work all the time when the driver's side is locked, the antennae, but I have a replacement on order, I may have a dead passenger side fog lamp (the glass is cracked from stone chips), the front bumper has some paint chips from driving 90 miles round trip every weekday to/from work. It's still a really good car but I have to get rid of it. I figure, somewhere around $4K. About 10yrs ago, I got in an accident which required about $2K worth of work to be done on the passenger side. No frame damage, just cosmetic. I think that's where they forgot to reconnect the passenger side mirror heater cable. I fixed the bucking at cold start problem also. The car runs and drives great.

In addition, I have a collection of rare OEM parts, including a set of B'Stone tires I took from the rear to replace with the 245-45-16s. I also have an xtra 5-spd turbo driveshaft, the original shocks and struts and everything that was left over from the swap several years ago. E-mail me if interested. I'm located in Salisbury, MD. As soon as I finish the paperwork on the Z32, I will list the Z31, but you folks here have first crack at it. I hope these following pics transmit OK.

Darkmann 12-15-2007 02:07 PM

SOme more Pics

5 Attachment(s)
More pics below

Darkmann 12-15-2007 02:09 PM

More Pics Here

5 Attachment(s)
That's it. If you need more pics, just e-mail or PM me.