The Dark Room - Photo / Video / Music Photo / Video / Film / Music / Media Discussions

2012 Z Car Calendar Contributions

Old 10-17-2011, 01:06 PM

Exclamation 2012 Z Car Calendar Contributions

Hi all, I am new to the site, but not new to forums (or cars). I contacted an admin (NismoPick) to see about making calendars for this great community. Looks like the person who previously did these calendars has made no mention of doing a 2012 version, nor has he posted anything since early this year.

I have made several calendars through cafepress since 2008. One for celica-gts.com, a few for supramania.com and one for supraforums.com. This would be my first calendar for anything other than Celicas or Supras and am greatly looking forward to it since I love Z cars.

This calendar hopes to encompass all (or at least most) Z car generations, from the 240 to the 370.

REQUIREMENTS: (PLEASE READ!)

1. MUST use at least a 6mb camera. The calendar is 11" wide, and needs at least a 2700 pixel wide picture to fit on it properly. Please do not send me any 640 pixel pictures from your cardomain account

2. PLEASE keep in mind this is for a calendar that tons of other people will be looking at. No one wants to see your car in the garage, or filthy, or your car in front of a dumpster, etc. Classy, car-focused pictures only.

3. GROUP PHOTOS; only if I can get permission of all the car owners to use it, AND the picture is a classy, well thought out shot. Not just some random parking lot shot, or a meet shot where there's people walking around.

4. LIGHTING. Please be aware of the lighting situation where you're taking your pics at. Morning and late afternoon are the best times to take outside pics, when the sun isn't directly overhead and being very harsh. If you choose to take night pictures, PLEASE use a tripod.

5. Leave a decent enough gap around all 4 sides of the picture to allow for some minor clipping. I.E. Car cannot fill WHOLE picture, bumper to bumper, edge to edge, or it will get cut off when the calendar is printed.

6. Please email me with your pictures AND your name, and year of car, model, to thesupragoddess@aol.com

EXAMPLE PICTURES:

Name:  IMG_4578.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  99.5 KB

Name:  IMG_3588.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  117.5 KB

Take note that there's enough space around the car in both pictures for clipping.

Also, the car is the main focus of these pictures. There's no mailboxes or people or trashy bins in the background. Please use common sense when choosing a location. I can only photoshop so much garbage out of a picture lol.

Previous year's calendars (customer submitted)

Name:  calendar002.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  31.6 KB

^Lighting in this picture was too harsh for my taste.

Keep in mind this is a COMMUNITY EFFORT, and realize not all Z car owners are professional photographers. I can only use what is submitted to me, so if people can't follow the basic requirements, then there is no calendar, or I am forced to use subpar pictures which leads to people yelling at me for having bad taste

At any rate, I have seen some beautiful photos on the site already, so I am sure there would be nothing but great pics.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:20 AM

*cricket*

so NO one on this site wants a calendar? :/
Old 10-19-2011, 10:24 AM
The Good Twin

Tanya, could you include a price for these calendars? Turn around time? Is this for a ZDriver calendar only, or can you do personal (one car - 12 pics) calendars too?

Last edited by NismoPick; 10-19-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Tanya, could you include a price for these calendars? Turn around time? Is this for a ZDriver calendar only, or can you do personal (one car - 12 pics) calendars too?

Around $24 shipped (cafepress shipping is $5). Turn around time is basically as soon as I get 12 pictures, and upload them, they can be bought that day. Shipping usually takes 1-2 weeks (2 weeks if you're in Canada or somewhere else outside of USA)

I did originally want this to be Zdriver only, but considering the non-existant response, I am also trying to get pics from sfzcc.com as well, which is also slow going. Not sure this is going to happen, even with combined efforts of 2 forums.

As far as a personal calendar, I can do that as well.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:15 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by Tanya
I did originally want this to be Zdriver only, but considering the non-existant response, I am also trying to get pics from sfzcc.com as well, which is also slow going. Not sure this is going to happen, even with combined efforts of 2 forums.
Please be patient. You posted this thread less than 72 hrs ago.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:37 AM

Ah, it's not just this forum, it's Supraforums as well. Only 2 contributors from them so far, and that place is HUGE. It really looks like all the car forums are dying (at least all the ones I'm on, which is close to 20 different ones!)
Old 10-21-2011, 10:17 AM
The Good Twin

Dying no... willing to cough up $25 during a recession, for a calender they have on their phone... that's another story. I'm not trying to offend, or deter business, just telling you how it is. You can't expect a small business venture to explode overnight, just by forum advertising. Be patient and expand your horizons.