ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   The Dark Room - Photo / Video / Music (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/dark-room-photo-video-music-270/)
-   -   Any Drummers on here? (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/dark-room-photo-video-music-270/any-drummers-here-28841/)

noobsauce 06-26-2009 09:48 PM

Any Drummers on here?

Just curious. What do you play? What kind of setup? Cymbals? Are there any drummers you look at and just think to yourself, "I want to kill you because you're so good!" And post a video if possible of that drummer.

I play Hardcore/Metal.. I use a Pearl Export-modified-5pc. set for a make shift Fusion style. I mainly use Sabian B8's for crashes, but am soon switching to Zildjian Z Customs. I have a 20 inch Zildjian ZBT Ride, 13 inch ZBT Hi Hats, and a 18 inch Zildjian Chinese China, and a 6 inch Zil-Bell(best 40 dollars ever spent). Also with Pearl Eliminator Double bass pedals. It's a smaller setup but I use everything, unlike most drummers with 56 pc sets-Exzaggeration(sp?).

Here's a video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiAb1HuiHyA

GTR 06-27-2009 07:38 PM

I play for a couple of local bands and for college, and for me it's mostly jazz here. My set is a red Pearl Reference I got as a graduation present that my mom set up with Zildjian K and A series cymbals. The K's are 8in splash, 19in China, and 20in Rideand the A's are a 10in Splash, 17in Med crash, 18in thin Crash, and my hi-hat is an A custom mastersound. As far as my favorite drummer? I like Cindy Blackman, but that's just me ^_^.

81SacUti280zx 06-27-2009 08:44 PM

I am a percussionist. lol. But no i play'd in 5th all the way to 12th grade and i play'd some in college with a couple buddies. I dont got a set anymore had to sell it but i just had a 8 piece set. nothing special just a cheap one from maytan to start off with than just got some pieces from gigs we did from other drummers like a set of high hats and double pedal and got a new snare from one guy. Joey Jordison from slipknot isn't bad, Dave Lombardo from slayer isnt bad either. Cant forget lars tho...idk..i just fast playin constantly changing tempo's. steady and slow 1 second than BAAM fast and crazy as hell the next.

SpeciallySpiked 06-28-2009 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by noobsauce (Post 261296)

Thats you??!!

hoov100 06-28-2009 05:52 PM

I guess I'll add to this thread, I have/still do play anything percussion including set, minus bells, marimba, xylophone and tubular bells. good job on the vids too!

noobsauce 06-28-2009 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by SpeciallySpiked (Post 261391)
Thats you??!!

No.. I wish it was though.:042: He's really good. If you wanna hear me in my old band.. I have a link.

www.myspace.com/killingkimberly

I'll warn you though, the recordings aren't great, and you can't hear my double pedal that well. I wish we would have just recorded each insrument separately like we'd originally planned. lol.

Joey's not bad.. just a little too sparatic for my liking.. I have the signature snare that pearl released about 4 years ago. Dave Lombardo I can definately agree with you on. Lars.. Not so much.. haha, but hey, to each their own. I y'all like them, listen to some of Underoath's drum lines. They get pretty crazy with the stuff. Bleeding Through's New album "Declaration" is badass!!! definately check that out!

Hoov, You still have a kit?

GTR 07-02-2009 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by hoov100 (Post 261396)
I guess I'll add to this thread, I have/still do play anything percussion including set, minus bells, marimba, xylophone and tubular bells. good job on the vids too!

Wow....you've just eliminated like 90% of the keyboard percussion line, save for crotales and vibraphone. That leaves drum, accessories, and timpani. :048:....Hehe, then again the question was for drummers, rather than percussionists ^_^.

hoov100 07-02-2009 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by GypZ_Rose (Post 261886)
Wow....you've just eliminated like 90% of the keyboard percussion line, save for crotales and vibraphone. That leaves drum, accessories, and timpani. :048:....Hehe, then again the question was for drummers, rather than percussionists ^_^.

yeah, keyboard percussion in general minus piano's can screw off, i've tried and i have failed miserably at them, which sucks because i learned trumpet before i went percussion.

SportBikeMike 07-02-2009 01:10 PM

Everyone knows guitar players rule......:icon_kidra:

noobsauce 07-02-2009 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by SportBikeMike (Post 261906)

Only for the fact that you can't exactly "hum" a Drum beat. lol. For instance, if you're trying to describe a song to someone. And i've tried way too many times to play a song on drums, in hopes that SOMEONE would recognize it, and nothing.. Unless it's "Down With The Sickness." Other than that.. Pure Failure.

hoov100 07-02-2009 10:33 PM

just gotta beat the notes on your chest with your hands, its a great way to learn how to play REALY fast songs on the snare. and helps demonstrate the song alot better.

WildmaN 07-03-2009 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by SportBikeMike (Post 261906)

Well said...you got that right! :icon_kidra::icon_super:

280zx2by2 07-04-2009 01:24 PM

can you do this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmnnx3skaZw

lol the bands called kalvinova, there gonna be huge one day (idk, thats just what everyone says)

http://www.myspace.com/kalvinova

daym rednecks from south GA

noobsauce 07-04-2009 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by hoov100 (Post 261937)
just gotta beat the notes on your chest with your hands, its a great way to learn how to play REALY fast songs on the snare. and helps demonstrate the song alot better.

Yes, I would have to agree there. Or, whenever i'm sitting down i'll tap my feet and hands to something in my head, or if a radio is on, i'll be tapping, my own drums to it. Good practice, but if you're around other people, they tend to get annoyed pretty quickly.

Originally Posted by 280zx2by2 (Post 262006)

Not the stick tricks.. :) I'm not that good.. Actually, I can't do any cool tricks.. :012: When Killing Kimberly did shows and stuff, i'd stand on my throne and when we started the song, i'd jump to my seat and start playing.. Really cool to see live.