ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   Australia (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/australia-21/)
-   -   z melbourne-fill me in!!! (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/australia-21/z-melbourne-fill-me-1668/)

toecutter 03-27-2002 07:20 AM

z melbourne-fill me in!!!

ok where do I start?
Cool an oz z site! I'm fairly new to the z scene. I really liked the early z's lines so I kept an eye out for a 240z. Not being able to find a reasonably priced 240 without heaps of rust I settled for a 75 260 that had a bit of work already done on it.
ie L26 refreshed and rewired, 5 speed box, new brakes (still rear drums), new shocks, front end redone, 2.5" pipe, reupolstered white interior with new skin on dash and every thing working minus clock, new tyres, all stock and orig ready for reg. Tiny rust spots but ready for that sky blue!!!
Anyway, the guys wife was freakin' so I picked it up for $1200 which I think is cheap. Currently it's sittng at my folks place minus interior, (to which a freind of mine is making some changes, removing some shitty inserts on the front seats.). The car will be getting a respray soon which will be a 'sky blue' colour.

Question 1. I think it is an orig colour for the z, anybody got a paint code for this color, (like the one at the bottom of the page)?

2. I keep hearing people say that they have early model SU's in their cars. Why are they better than the later carbs, (say 75'/76')?

3. I'm in the middle of a pain in the ass search for wheels. I wanted a set of period style wheels but in at least a 16". The idea of running spacers is a bit of a turn off! Any suggestions?
I might make the compromise of buying the 15"x8" from performance wheels, (the SUPERLITES). I can get this for $190- per rim, ( 1st quote was $255). Run them on 205x60 front n 225x55 back, (or 225x55 frnt n 245x50 bck if they fit), to get correct rolling diameter. Still not sure but I would love to see some of the Aussie Z pics guys!?!?

www.performwheels.com.au

4. I really like those plastic covers for the headlights, where can I get em n what r they worth?

Anyway, I live in Melbourne, hope to have the car on the road within a month. I've added a link below to the best Z I've seen so far in Melbourne. The guy races it on Sundays.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~zedskid/

This car below is the colour I want to paint mine-any idea's on the colour code guys? And it really is a nice one too!!!

Anyways I know my mail is a bit long but looking forward to your responses!

Cheers,
Sulio
St.Kilda.

Just in case the attachment does'nt appear, it's below-blue 260!
https://www.zdriver.com/rides/detail...x=20&vehId=213

Zpeed 03-28-2002 12:31 AM

Re: z melbourne-fill me in!!!

wheels, if you want any larger than 16sm its recomended that you go for coil over suspension.

earlier carbs are the best, alot more performance and better driving smoothness, the car really pulls with them on...

if you take the clock out and give it to any clock place, they'll fix it for you, 20 bucks or so...

paint code.. go to zhome.com and see stuff there

plastic covers, i got mine from sydney, cost was 140 with shipping.. place called All Z Parts, the COD them to me so you don't need a credit card.. just call them... ph. 02 9484 8257

also with the wheels, unless you like 16s, they don't look big enugh IMO, on a Z...

check my webpage for pics of my car, www.geocities.com/mr_fireman_sam

oh yer, i live in the west, sydenham actaully, I got the tinted covers, and never got hassled by cops, if thats what you are thinking also...

<font color=blue>76 260z</font color=blue>
The NiteRider

toecutter 04-22-2002 10:30 AM

Finished with the paint job, wacking in the int this week and settled for 205x60 front and 225x55 rear on 15x7 superlites that took two weeks on order to be made to fit with no adapters and a cheapo price of $190 per wheel. They told me the correct offset for the car is 12mm. I've heard from 0 to 25mm. Hope they're right!

L0ki 04-22-2002 06:34 PM

Where do you get those wheels from ????

toecutter 05-01-2002 10:34 AM

www.performwheels.com.au

Ben 05-06-2002 07:51 AM

I bought my set of 15x7 Superlites back in '96 from my local Bob Jane store. Perfect fit, ran 215/60/15 tyres, no scrubbing, but no room for anything wider on the front unless a 2.5" coil-over was used.

I _may_ sell the 15x7's & go 16x7 Compomotive or RS-Watanabe's, the comps will be ~$450 per & the RS' ~$650. It's big bucks, so it can wait...

(all available $$$ are currently going into getting the RS-X up to scratch)

Ben
Adelaide
Sth Australia
IZCC#1902
240Z L31ETT
L28ET MR30 Skyline
FJ20DET DR30 Skyline RS-X

Zpeed 05-07-2002 05:20 AM

i've seen 17x7.5s with no rubbing, without coil overs, just king springs and shockers

<font color=blue>76 260z</font color=blue>
The NiteRider