ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   Australia (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/australia-21/)
-   -   Adelaide Z Club - future directions (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/australia-21/adelaide-z-club-future-directions-3484/)

Ben 09-23-2002 10:47 PM

Adelaide Z Club - future directions

For all you ppl interested in what's happening with the Adelaide Z club - read on:

A number of weeks ago, I held discussions with a senior member of the Nissan-Datsun Car Club (NDCC) regarding the future of the Adelaide Z Club. These discussions were specifically aimed at gauging the response of the NDCC to a number of Z-car owners joining up, and any membership subsidies that may apply.

Unfortunately, the NDCC these-days is purely competition oriented, with no social calendar. This does not suit the majority of AZC 'members' who wanted an 'easy-going' style of club, with more bbq/bench-racing than track-racing.

I have subsequently had discussions with former committee members of the Adelaide 1600 club, who have dissolved the club due to the same reasons that the AZC never really got going - not enough effort available.
This Friday evening, a select number of 1600 club members are attending the Sporting Car Club of SA (SCCSA) headquarters on King William Road with the aim of joining en-masse.

The SCCSA maintains the largest automotive library in the Southern Hemisphere & currently has over 1500 members. Although everyone is under the same 'general' banner, naturally there are sub-groups (make, model, age, etc.). I will be attending this Friday & assessing the potential of doing the same with AZC members (and future members) who are interested.

The SCCSA maintains a huge social calendar and a huge competition calendar. If you are interested in ANY form of motorsport in SA (from officials through to competing, hill-climbs to the Classic Adelaide) chances are the SCCSA is the club running it.
This gives potential members the option of enjoying the social calendar, or trying their hand at serious motorsports. I will then post again providing info based on the feedback I get from the SCCSA.

Submissions/responses will be accepted until I leave work Friday!!!

Ben
Adelaide
Sth Australia
IZCC#1902
240Z L31ETT
L28ET MR30 Skyline
FJ20ET DR30 Skyline RS-X

Ben 12-03-2002 04:22 AM

Re: Adelaide Z Club - future directions

OK, it's been a long time between drinks, but things have moved on some more...

I have just returned home from my monthy 'Nissan SVD owners Club' meeting (http://www.svd.asn.au), and it appears that there have been a number of enquires from owners of Prince Skylines, 260Z's, 1200's etc. regarding joining the club.

The documented 'cut-off date' for eligibility for membership was previously 1982 (in order to allow the entry of early R30 Skylines, like mine). However it has been unanimously decided (by an official vote), that the club will accept membership applications from owners of any 'Special Interest' Prince, Datsun or Nissan car. Cars must be well presented, especially if they are to be displayed at shows, or used in competition events.The club is CAMS affiliated, with approximately 60 financial members and events are held on a regular basis. There is also a strict focus on professionalism at all times.

More more infomation, post on this thread, send a private message or e-mail me (if you know my address).

I hope to see some of you at the next members meeting (details on the web site)!!!

Ben
Adelaide
Sth Australia
IZCC#1902
240Z L31ETT
L28ET MR30 Skyline
FJ20ET DR30 Skyline RS-X

AlansZ 12-03-2002 06:37 PM

my friend is a member of that club... sounds very interesting. Does this mean the Z car club will not go ahead? If not i think i will definately join the svd club (ha ha, my car isn't very well presented at the moment without the rear wing!!! I'm going to book it in next week. sigh i used to enjoy having money...)

Alan, Australia

Ben 12-03-2002 08:41 PM

As far as a 'dedicated' Z club is concerned, no. But that doesn't mean that that the SVD club can't be a place of common-interest for Z owners & modern Nissans alike.

We are having a recruiting night on the 3rd January. We'll be set-up on Anzac Hwy near 'Casual Living' from ~2030 onwards if you want to drop in.

You can remember having money? sheesh...

Ben
Adelaide
Sth Australia
IZCC#1902
240Z L31ETT
L28ET MR30 Skyline
FJ20ET DR30 Skyline RS-X

zerath 12-04-2002 08:31 PM

I just had a look at their web site and under events is says:

JANUARY 2003
Fri 3rd - RECRUITING NIGHT - Meet at the ADELAIDE OVAL gates at 7:30PM for a 8:00PM departure.

Can this please be confurmed....

Reece,
Currently, Black 77 260z with a L28 EFI
Details at: www.thezgarage.com
Adelaide S.A.

Ben 12-05-2002 07:32 PM

That is information for members - i.e. the club will meet at the oval & then cruise to the 'recruiting location' (which will be near Casual Living on Anzac Hwy). I expect the club to be set-up & at that location by ~2030.

Anyone can drop in at that time & have a chat, else come along to the January members meeting.

Ben
Adelaide
Sth Australia
IZCC#1902
240Z L31ETT
L28ET MR30 Skyline
FJ20ET DR30 Skyline RS-X