ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   350Z (Z33) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/350z-z33-forums-6/)
-   -   Concept Z ripped me off!!! (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/350z-z33-forums-6/concept-z-ripped-me-off-41467/)

Aeleven 03-08-2016 06:31 AM

Concept Z ripped me off!!!

I purchased a Rack and Pinion from Concept Z and was charged a core charge of $200. The Rack and Pinion arrived then I removed my old Rack and Pinion and put it in the box with the pre-paid UPS label the company provided. I then brought it to the UPS store where they shipped the core to the address on the label. Three months later I contact Concept Z and they tell me that they need a tracking number to reimburse me for my core charge. I never received a tracking number because the shipping label was prepaid, but Concept Z tells me sorry but they can not do anything without a tracking number. They tell me that the core went to a 3rd party company that cant find my core, without a tracking number. I contacted the UPS store and they tell me that the only way to find this Tracking number is by using the shipper number of the company, but the I'm not allowed to have the shipper number. So now I get cheated out of $200.00 for a core that was shipped to the proper address. The customer suffers because of the poor record keeping of Concept Z.. I find it hard to believe that the company that provided me the pre paid shipping label that also has a tracking number pre- associated with it cant find my core. This company has horrible record keeping.

I filed a complaint with the BBB, has anyone else been burned by these guys.

NismoPick 03-08-2016 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Aeleven (Post 343602)
I never received a tracking number because the shipping label was prepaid.

This company has horrible record keeping.

While I always appreciate real reviews that will help future customers, it would have only taken 5 seconds of due diligence on your part to have looked at the pre-paid label and written down (or taken a pic) of the tracking#, or even ask for a tracking# when you dropped it off. If the core goes to a 3rd party (very common) then Concept Z wouldn't have anything to do with you again until they hear back from that 3rd party stating the core has been received.

We live and learn from our mistakes. :039:

Aeleven 03-08-2016 08:33 AM

If I would have known the Concept Z had issues with properly documenting and tracking their cores, I would have taken extra precautions before I shipped the core to your 3rd company. When a customer purchases an item through Concept Z, they are responsible for the item. If Concept Z uses a incompetent 3rd party to receive the cores, Concept Z should take accountability for them. I've ordered from Black Dragon, Z1 Motorsports, and many other online parts stores and I had never had any problems with cores. I slap the prepaid shipping label on the box and it goes where it needs to go and my core charge gets reimbursed. Never have I had to worry about extra tracking or insurance. I've been trying to work with Concept Z on this issue over the phone originally since January, In February I started to communicate by email so I could document this electronically. So where I am now with Concept Z is, they finally provided me with shipper number. With the shipper number, Im working with UPS to find the tracking number to figure out when the core arrived at the 3rd party company that Concept Z uses to repair rack and pinions. Its a long a tedious process which now falls on me if I want to get reimburse for my core. I do not wish this on any of you. Im going to share my experience on facebook, its harder to cheat the little guy now. Thanks to social media and the internet, consumers have a voice.

Aeleven 03-16-2016 07:27 AM

UPDATE, Concept Z reimbursed me for core. They called the 3rd party company and forced them to track it down. Apparently someone logged it incorrectly or something. After I posted my complaint on several forums Concept Z called me and apologized to me and became more vigilant in searching for the lost core. Im happy now and will continue to do business with them.

Aeleven 03-16-2016 07:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 13963