350Z Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Knock Bang or Pop over bump in rear! Solution

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 11:20 AM

Exclamation Knock Bang or Pop over bump in rear! Solution

Hi everyone,

I have seen the posts here on the site. However, there does not seem to be an actual answer. A lot of the drivers have the issue it seems and they have theories on how what the real cause is or design flaw. But then they never came back to tell if they found a fix.

My car is an 08 with only 14.5k miles (its 2012 right now) so the car has low miles and really a creampuff. But when I go over bumps I can hear the pop / knock from what sounds like the rear shocks and I would like to get it fixed before it gets worse. I only have 15 more days on my warranty and I would like to direct them a bit rather then get the brush off. Help LOL !!!

Thanks
Old 02-09-2012, 11:35 AM

PS - One thing I hear is that the bolt that goes through the fork on the shock / strut is too skinny and some have added a home made "washer" around it. They also add a home made rubber gasket to replace the low quality ?paper? gasket at the top of the shock / strut where it attaches to the car.

I just called Nissan 1-800-Nissan-1 and everyone who has this problem should.

It was quick and easy, have your VIN ready and ask to "Document the Issue."

Basically, the more documented claims and dealer services for the issue the greater chance of a "Campaign or Recall" as they may research the problem at a corporate level. If they launch one we can claim it at any time in the future so might as well be on board.

If this problem is truly a hardware issue with the screw being two skinny for the strut / shock fork and the gasket connecting at the top to the car ... then this is cheaper (and more effective) while actually fixing the problem.

Its worth a shot and easy to literally make a two minute phone call.

Lets see