ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   350Z Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/350z-brakes-wheels-suspension-chassis-117/)
-   -   which spring to lower (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/350z-brakes-wheels-suspension-chassis-117/spring-lower-28446/)

arsey51 04-29-2009 09:52 AM

which spring to lower

Alright guys, I know everyone has their own opinion, and I just want to know from the masses what people are using/have used,etc. I'm finally considering lowering my ride but don't want to inherit a rough/poor ride due to lowering. I've gotten recommendations for EIBACH, TANABE, TOKICO, and COBB. All I'm looking for is a 1 inch drop on all four corners without sacrificing drive comfort. I'm even considering going with NISMO S-Tune suspension that I'm told will give me a slightly lower stance. Go ahead, give me your recommendations so I can be confused some more! ! ! !
Thanks ahead of time for all input and feedback.

COR Forged 05-19-2009 01:17 PM

Dude I went with a complete tein coilover conversion and it rides a little stiff, but can't complain not my daily driver. Eibach is pretty good as long as you don't get the sportline kit cause the shocks tend to wear faster (what I've been told). I don't see the difference though since the sportline drops 1" and the prokit drops1.2". Hopefully that helps. G/L

Tko 06-05-2009 05:30 PM

I have some sportlines for sale 200 plus shipping new in box
hint hint.

ZoonBack 06-06-2009 02:28 PM

You might be looking at less than 1". Tein's lowers the car front: 0.7 inch
& rear: 0.6 inch. And Tanabe is like 1.2 & 1.0 lowering stance.

Also after u go pass the 1.0" drop u will need a camber kit.

Denivor 06-28-2009 10:02 AM

How low will you be willing to go price wise on the sprtlines? I have Tein s Techs, but im wanting my 350 to be a bit lower in the front.

derekinthez 08-26-2009 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by arsey51 (Post 257532)
Alright guys, I know everyone has their own opinion, and I just want to know from the masses what people are using/have used,etc. I'm finally considering lowering my ride but don't want to inherit a rough/poor ride due to lowering. I've gotten recommendations for EIBACH, TANABE, TOKICO, and COBB. All I'm looking for is a 1 inch drop on all four corners without sacrificing drive comfort. I'm even considering going with NISMO S-Tune suspension that I'm told will give me a slightly lower stance. Go ahead, give me your recommendations so I can be confused some more! ! ! !
Thanks ahead of time for all input and feedback.

I've done it (went with the Eibach's om the 91 300zx) and ride qaulity is definately sacraficed, but my Z's stance is awesome. I decided not to drop my other Z's though--I prefer the softer ride, especially since I don't track. But my 91 definately handles better lowered over my 94TT.

skib 08-26-2009 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by derekinthez (Post 266303)
I've done it and ride qaulity is definately sacraficed, but my Z's stance is awesome.

lower/stiffer springs will always sacrifice ride quality, my 240 is harsh to most people lol but Im used to it

arsey51 11-02-2009 04:11 PM

I like the dropped look but since this is my daily driver, I chose to do a mild drop with the Hotchkis lowering springs, 15mm front, 19mm rear. Installed this past weekend, and just waiting a day or two for it to settle before I get it aligned. I'm in hopes that I won't need a camber kit and that the alignment can be done with the stock hardware.