ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   350Z Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/350z-brakes-wheels-suspension-chassis-117/)
-   -   Raceland 350z Coilovers (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/350z-brakes-wheels-suspension-chassis-117/raceland-350z-coilovers-37335/)

2005_350z 03-14-2013 04:15 PM

Raceland 350z Coilovers

Hey guys, new here but I just wanted to post up my review of the 350z Raceland coilover system.

Packaging:
The coilovers were packed in 4 individual boxes within a larger box, the boxes were very well constructed and nothing was damaged upon arrival. The installation documentation and the adjustment wrenches were on the top of everything in the big box. Each coilover was bubble wrapped and fully assembled on arrival.

Installation:
The Raceland coilover units totally replace the OEM struts/shocks/springs and mounts so the installation went without any problems at all. In the front, three nuts under the hood hold the top of the strut to the body, and one large bolt on the bottom attaches the OEM strut to the control arm. (You do have to disconnect the sway bar end link from the control arm also in order to be able to push down on it and pull the OEM strut out.) The new unit is shorter than the OEM one so installation is very easy. In the rear of the vehicle first the OEM spring must be removed and the spring arm reinstalled without the spring. Once the spring is out, you can disconnect the lower strut bolt and the two upper strut mount nuts to pull the OEM shock out. The new Raceland unit goes in place of the OEM shock and has the spring attached to it in true coilover style. Once all the coilovers are in place, you must set the spring preload to your personal preference as it is not set at the factory. You must also set the ride height you desire.
Post-Install:
I personally set the coilovers to about a two inch drop from factory and the preload just to the point where the spring isn't able to move up and down on the housing but can still rotate. With this setting the ride is definitely not excessively hard, just a little stiffer than OEM. The car handles great and I couldn't be any happier with the looks. Its amazing what a difference just lowering a car can make.

Customer Service:
Raceland have been extremely helpful with the entire process of me purchasing these coilovers. I had may questions before I finally ordered them, and Raceland would always promptly respond. They even gave me a call once the order had shipped just to let me know everything was on track and when I could expect them.

Overall I couldn't be any happier with my purchase. From the excellent customer service all the way to the install and final product, Raceland has been nothing but a quality company to deal with. Their product even though substantially cheaper than other brand of coilovers, appears to be very well made and I would HIGHLY recommend these coilovers to anyone who is contemplating lowering their vehicle!

tdevil36 03-17-2013 12:51 PM

How is the ride on the Raceland Coilovers

samsniss350z 05-02-2014 06:22 AM

I'm glad you're happy with them. I'd have thought they would have been a bit stiff.

PredatorZ 05-02-2014 12:38 PM

Pictures

Thanks for the write up and welcome to ZDriver forums. Any chance you took some pictures of the coil-overs or installation. :armata_PDT_37:

FricFrac 05-26-2014 12:01 PM

Good to hear. I've heard good things about the Raceland as a decent economy coilover. I'm looking at a set of S13's to use in one of the 280ZXs. A lot of the S13 drifters use them with good results.