ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   350Z Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/350z-brakes-wheels-suspension-chassis-117/)
-   -   Help 350 is pulling right (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/350z-brakes-wheels-suspension-chassis-117/help-350-pulling-right-26917/)

ZBRICK 10-11-2008 05:58 PM

Help 350 is pulling right

I am a 280ZX driver and I and don't knpw alot about 350's. I have a friend that drives a 350. She is having problems with it pulling hard right. I have driven it and I can not figure it out. It has a tendacy to drift right at all speeds but that is not the BIG problem. She has replaced the tires, breaks, compression rods and has had several alinements.

The BIG problem is the car pulls hard right. My experiance is that it happens at 25 mph, 1000 rpm, but not all the time. Not sure if that is the only time it happens though. Athough this evening, while coming to a stop at a bumppy intersection, it again pulled hard right.

The hard right pull does not happen at high speeds.

Whats up????????????????? Is this normal for a 350????? she needs help and she is a fox so I would like to help her.

>

NismoPick 10-11-2008 06:07 PM

If she's had several alignments... what do the alignment shops say?

280zx2by2 10-11-2008 06:09 PM

fox with a Z!!! dam!!! id check for a bent or lose sway bar or some crap like that(im not a suspension or any kind of car expert)

ZBRICK 10-11-2008 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
If she's had several alignments... what do the alignment shops say?

The shop is the dealer. Th say "you are fine and you are all fixed up"

However it continued to pull hard right. Seemed to feel right for a day or two then - pull right again.

ZBRICK 10-11-2008 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by 280zx2by2
fox with a Z!!! dam!!! id check for a bent or lose sway bar or some crap like that(im not a suspension or any kind of car expert)

Will check it but for what ever reason that doesn't sound like the prob.

While on a straight away at about 25mph - pull hard right.

NismoPick 10-11-2008 06:23 PM

Have her take it to a "real" alignment shop. Most will put it on a laser rack and check it for free (or a minimal charge).

ZBRICK 10-11-2008 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Have her take it to a "real" alignment shop. Most will put it on a laser rack and check it for free (or a minimal charge).

OK will do. Anything else?

Bleach 10-11-2008 10:48 PM

visually inspect tension rods. Even if toe is fine, if the caster varies per side it can pull to the side at different speeds.

of course, I've never even looked at the suspension on a 350Z :D

Comorat2x2 10-15-2008 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by ZBRICK
OK will do. Anything else?

Yeah, tell her to go back to the dealer and get her money back since they never fixed the original issue.

z-hag 10-15-2008 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Comorat2x2
Yeah, tell her to go back to the dealer and get her money back since they never fixed the original issue.

find a GOOD independent shop--i prefer those owned by race car drivers and racing mechanix---and/or referred by friends in Z car forums--and talk with them long and hard about issues with 350 suspensions, and such......did she buy the car new or used?? was it in an accident?? how are the brakes??
what pick sed^^^^ and the rest-----and bleachie has NEVER seen the underside of a 350......:017:.....make sure she is cuter than me, now....:042:ps--my experience has been that dealers have always lied to me---but a good indy shop with concerned workers---is another story.....go with her and watch them figger it out........hell, my beeter does that but is a plymododge omnirizon 2.2 and has bad struts and bad suspension and bad cv joints and bad.........her car should be still newish or something, should it not???/

:wink:

ZBRICK 10-15-2008 05:42 PM

The car is 2 years old, she bought it new, and it has never been in an accident. The dealer also replaced the breaks. They have suggested breaks, tires or alinement was the prob. She has done everything they suggested and still no fix.

Thanx everyone for your help (especially zhag because she is fine).

I will suggest a racing shop.

Anything else?

Bleach 10-15-2008 07:58 PM

be dilligent.
I have never driven a car that drives so straight and true, even on angled or grooved pavement as my 350Z. It's handling is amazing. I hope I can get my 280ZX to drive half as good.