ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   350Z Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/350z-brakes-wheels-suspension-chassis-117/)
-   -   Camber arms from NEOTUNED INC (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/350z-brakes-wheels-suspension-chassis-117/camber-arms-neotuned-inc-40372/)

Marco Ferrario 11-06-2014 04:59 AM

Camber arms from NEOTUNED INC

Hello guys,
I’m Marco from Italy
I am writing this message to tell you what happened to me buying parts in an American store.
I bought from Neotuned INC (Neotuned, Inc), ebay user "drifteffect", a set of Goodspeed adjustable camber arms for my Nissan 350Z.
After 50km of road use, the uniball joints was broken and i had to remove them because they were dangerous.
I contacted Neotuned to explain the problem, they told me to send it back for a refund. I explained that they were assembled and then disassembled after two days of use
Once received, they refused to refund saying that the material was used. No longer respond to emails and They did not give me back the material
So this is what I spent:
$ 380 arms in September
$ 60 shipping from USA to ITALY
$ 100 approx. custom fee
$ 60 approx. for mechanical mounting
$ 50 tyre repairer for tyre alignement
$ 60 approx. for mechanical removal
$ 50 tyre repairer for tyre alignement (original arms set)
$ 70 approx for shipping from ITALY to USA
Total: $ 850

Now I am with no product and no money.
I feel cheated.
What do you think?

PS: Sorry for my bad english

zxguy1986 11-06-2014 01:32 PM

Faulty camber arms bought on Ebay?

I suggest that you contact Ebay first. Most items sold there now come with an Ebay Money Back Guarantee which can get your money back if the product is not as described in the sales listing or if it does not perform as described by the seller. Under the Guarantee, Ebay sends you a refund and then collects that amount from the seller.

Unfortunately, since you installed the arms and then they failed in some way, they can nevertheless be considered as "altered" by you - and so the Ebay Guarantee will not apply to "altered" parts. You should have sent the seller photos of the broken part and asked for a refund or a replacement at their expense. In the USA, you cannot collect for labor expenses and other "damages" without taking the seller to court. Complicated and expensive.

But Ebay can contact the seller now, open a "dispute," and give you both a chance to discuss the problem to see if there is some way to resolve it between yourselves. You will correspond with the seller through Ebay. If you two cannot resolve it, Ebay will make a final decision in the matter. It is unlikely that Ebay will decide in your favor because the parts were effectively altered by you. But Ebay can probably help you get the used parts back from the seller.

In your dispute messages to the seller, include everything you did before and everything the seller told you when you asked for a refund - so Ebay can read that. Then ask for replacement or refund or return of the parts, whatever you want. Forget about the other costs to you. You can only get the purchase price and shipping costs- if you are lucky. Note that the Ebay dispute text boxes are small. Send multiple messages at the same time to get all the information into the dispute record.

Good luck!:icon_super: Let us know what happens with this! Thanks.

borini63 11-07-2014 11:20 PM

Open a case in Paypal and see what will happen.You know that you have 45 days window from the transaction date to do that.
When you open the case,paypal will hold the money and I am sure after that the seller will come to you and try to solve the issue.