ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z32-performance-technical-47/)
-   -   Turbo Conversion (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z32-performance-technical-47/turbo-conversion-9314/)

MetalTear17 05-19-2004 06:27 PM

Turbo Conversion

Right now I am currently in the process of saving up for a turbo swap for my n/a. It has been recomended to me a few times that I should just sell my n/a and buy a stock turbo, I really don't want to do this because I absolutely don't want HICAS and I know alot of people switch to the N/A rear diff. anyway, So I figure after I pull hicas and do a n/a differental I switched alot of stuff out of the turbo. Also If I did this engine swap I would most likely have a motor with much lower miles than stock TT. Considering the guy had to sell this car within a day and gave it to me, being a poor high-school senior, for 3800 when he really wanted 7... This thing is immaculate and for what I have in it I figure a TT swap would still put me around what I would be paying in the difference for a stock one. Does anyone have any input on this, just trying to get others opinions.

ACEMANN 05-20-2004 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by MetalTear17
Right now I am currently in the process of saving up for a turbo swap for my n/a. It has been recomended to me a few times that I should just sell my n/a and buy a stock turbo, I really don't want to do this because I absolutely don't want HICAS and I know alot of people switch to the N/A rear diff. anyway, So I figure after I pull hicas and do a n/a differental I switched alot of stuff out of the turbo. Also If I did this engine swap I would most likely have a motor with much lower miles than stock TT. Considering the guy had to sell this car within a day and gave it to me, being a poor high-school senior, for 3800 when he really wanted 7... This thing is immaculate and for what I have in it I figure a TT swap would still put me around what I would be paying in the difference for a stock one. Does anyone have any input on this, just trying to get others opinions.

I am only seriously considering the swap due to the fact my '93 is a 2 seat, 5spd, slicktop with 81k miles on it, with an absolutely IMMACULATE interior and exterior. I also have the aquisition of a relatively low priced DETT in the works, so I am looking forward to what the near future holds for my car...my advice is to READ READ READ about the swap...and when you can't read anymore...READ READ READ....

NISMO LMR 05-20-2004 05:26 PM

I can suppply you BOTH with the Twin Turbo clips. They are in stock, ready to ship out! Contact me at NISMO LMR (AIM) NISMOLMR@aol.com. Or call me at 910 612 0425. Thanks

outkast19 06-30-2004 09:29 PM

how much $?

how much does a complete tt engine swap cost including new clutch ecu, etc, minus labor?

Riz Z Speed 07-02-2004 12:16 AM

well, guesstimate.
front clip, $3K.
Then add in however much you're favorite parts are going to cost from your favorite online retailer.
New clutch, ecu or "etc." is up to you cuz there are different manufacturers and retailers for all parts.