ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z32-performance-technical-47/)
-   -   Nitrous (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z32-performance-technical-47/nitrous-3507/)

uztv 09-25-2002 09:24 AM

Nitrous

Well, as Supercharging and alternate boost designs are on hold for now I am thinking again about the prospects of NOS'ing my Z. Has anyone installed a kit in the NA and have any feedback about how the engine will hold up with the added strain?

Thanks
..Dan

uztv 09-26-2002 02:11 PM

Re: Nitrous

Well I'm Goin' for the GAS! (Hopefully before there is snow on the ground and my Z hibernates for the winter!)

Now I just need to decide on the kit to use. I need to know if the 300zx NA has an External Fuel pressure sensor and a Wide Open Throttle sensor also called a TPS or Throttle Position sensor. Anyone who knows this or has a book could you please give me some advice.

Thanks

..Dan
Calgary AB

uztv 09-27-2002 12:19 PM

Well after much searching, reading product reviews, specs,features etc I finally ordered the Venom VCN-1000 kit. It cost me $619US which for me translates to $1000 Canadian plus shipping, Duty and tax. From talking to guys at the perfomance shops here, looking at the competetion it seems that the Venom kits is one of the best Dry systems out there although it is the more/most expensive one. The VCN-2000 is identicle expect that is has the LCD and computer (Serial) interface to control the shot . I will keep you all posted once the install starts and my review on the product quality and performance.

Dan..
Calgary

Morningstar908 09-27-2002 07:32 PM

Cool, it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Adam
1996 300Z TT

uztv 10-25-2002 09:34 AM

Well the Venom Kit has FINALLY arrived! Looks sweet and I can't wait to install it tomorrow. I won't have any results however until later next week as the bottle won't be filled until then. That is if I can get my car back to my shop without the powersteering!!

There are still questions still hovering in my mind though and that is how will the dual throttle body will handle the injection. Their documentation states to install the jet around 3inches back from the entrance to the throttle body. I spoke to Venom and they said the distance won't be a problem other than a slight delay in feeling the boost, but the other thing that worries me is will the spray evenly distribute to both side of the intake? Does anyone have feedback from personal experience with the 300 or know someone who has installed a dry shot (not a multi-port NOS injection) on their car?

Thanks
..Dan

CrazyNico 10-28-2002 04:27 PM

if i were you, i would do some serious head work before i put that stuff into my fuel system. you're gonna be dealing with some serious temperatures, and you're gonna cry if you shoot a rod through the hood because you didn't do the necessary pre-maintenance and preparation for that kind of a boost.

uztv 10-28-2002 05:04 PM

I have run into a few glitches with the Venom kit they sent me. Its a single Nossle which won't work. They are sending me a tee extra line and a couple of matching 25or 30 shot jets to run the dual injection setup.

I also had the module burn out on the Venom computer due to installer error (yeah me). Hopefully they will replace it for free as its sounds like they will or worst case for a small charge. Their customer service seems really good.

It might not be running for this season though since we have had a major snow storm here today and the Z is in the garage. Hopefully this is just an early warning to winter (again) and it all melts for a few days to get a couple of test runs in.

Oh ya , CrazyNico, I am running just a minimal shot 50-60 total, the 3.0L should handle that no problem. I think I am more worried about my clutch holding than anything else. I am sure I am quoting someone by saying that NOS doesn't kill engines its ignorance with NOS that kills engines.

My engine should be nice and tight, just went through an overhual, rebuilt heads, rings,bearings. Compression is good and even on all cyl's and from what I have been told this is a major contributor to failure is running it in poor condition to start with.

I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes.

..Dan