ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z32-performance-technical-47/)
-   -   Factory Anti-Theft System - How It Works?? (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z32-performance-technical-47/factory-anti-theft-system-how-works-10642/)

AlongCamePeter 10-17-2004 09:48 PM

Factory Anti-Theft System - How It Works??

I left my lights on before work today, and after work the battery died. I found it simpler to just drop the battery at AutoZone and have it charged. The battery is charged.

However, when i connect the battery back to the car, both headlights start blinking and the horn honks simultaneously with the blinking headlights and the high beam light in the car remains on.

The ignition switch receives no power. When i turn the key to start the car, it does not crank.

I do have a Marksman security system, but I'm pretty confident that the aftermarket system is not causing it, but the anti-theft system that came with the car.

Can someone help me, explain to me what the anti-theft system is doing, and how to override it (maybe a procedure)

or also, if there might be anything else thats wrong with it.

the car is currently parked in the mall parking lot and i dont feel safe leaving it there, so any help would be great asap. thanks

Z_WRECKER 10-18-2004 03:31 PM

Ok do you have a remote for it??? when they installed the aftermarket alarm, they had to disable the factory one, if they didn't do that then you can find the factory alarm module and ripp it out. it's located in passengers floorboard above the ECU. your keychain should dissarm the alarm

91zxtt 10-18-2004 05:16 PM

If it's the factory alarm that's going off, then you can disarm it by unlocking the driver side door with the key. Even if the car is unlocked already, just insert the key and unlock the door. Soo,....attach battery cables, then unlock door.

My Fairlady Z 10-18-2004 06:03 PM

Yah, something like that is wrong with my sisters talon. When she got body work and interior work done, the dumb@$$'s wired it up wrong so when you unlock the car with the key instead of using keyless entry the factory alarm goes off. You then have to go to the passenger side door and unlock it...its a conspiracy I tell you :D

phrozen209 10-19-2004 01:10 AM

When i bought my Z, it came with a Clifford alarm, and when i turn off the alarm with the remote, it unlocks the doors, but most of the time, when u go to open the door, the stock alarm goes off and I have to unlock the driver door with the key to stop it...
I've been wanting to get a new alarm since I just got a system in it and I fuked up my alarm when installing it so i was wondering what would be a good alarm to get.

Z_WRECKER 10-19-2004 03:29 PM

get something with a nice little two-way pager :D ask B about it

My Fairlady Z 10-19-2004 04:21 PM

My friend has the Audiovox APS996A Perstige Alarm w/ Power locks and it has a 2-way pager. Very good alarm and the alarm itself is f**$*@ loud..not too sensitive but nice. Plus you get a free decal with purchase..(I would buy it for the decal :p)

91zxtt 10-19-2004 06:28 PM

Clifford is, or was a good name, at least when I bought mine. Everything works fine except for the actuator in the door; which isn't a Clifford product.

This decal thing is getting out of control.

Z_WRECKER 10-19-2004 06:31 PM

come on 91 we have been over this...every decal=hp... more you have better you are off, but i guess you wouldn't understand since you don't hag out with the "cool " kids on the block :rolleyes:

91zxtt 10-19-2004 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Z_WRECKER
but i guess you wouldn't understand since you don't hag out with the "cool " kids on the block :rolleyes:

I guess not. :rolleyes:

CanyonCarver 10-19-2004 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Z_WRECKER
come on 91 we have been over this...every decal=hp...

Dam, that's why my compressor is so fast.....

tnkrstoyco 10-20-2004 05:57 AM

When I had the Clifford installed and went to pick it up they had put the decals on the side glass. First thing I did was peel them off. They had a new kid working and guess he didn't know how I feel about stickers on my car.