ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   300ZX (Z32) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z32-forums-7/)
-   -   Purpose of Security Light (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z32-forums-7/purpose-security-light-22227/)

ezramoore 03-20-2007 05:46 PM

Purpose of Security Light

What the hell is its purpose on the 90? It doesn't have keyless entry, as far as I know it doesn't have a factory alarm. I've seen the hood sensor, etc. I'm assuming its just a theft deterrent. The reason I ask is because Shelby drove her car the other night, and usually, when we shut the car off the light comes one, blinking. After she drove it, nothing. I tried to make it come on by unlocking and relocking all the doors, nothing.

Also, the drivers side door being open doesn't trigger the dome light, but grabbing the handle does. In fact, when you lift the handle the dome light comes on bright, and when you release it the light become much more dim. I'm guessing that when they put it all back together they didn't get it quite right.

While we're on the topic, does anyone whos parting out their z32 have the little thin piece of plastic that covers the screws above the Bose radio in the center console?

Feel free to flame if this has been covered somewhere else, I don't get along with the Zdriver search facility.

snwbrderphat540 03-20-2007 05:48 PM

it does have a factory alarm, roll your window down, lock the car with the key unlock it by reaching over and flipping the lock and open the car, it will honk at your ass until you use the key.

edit: or perhaps it locking it from the inside hold the handle out while shutting the door locks it.aka, not using the key and locking it by hand... try both, there is an alarm, no one would just make a light. lol

ezramoore 03-20-2007 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
now one would just make a light. lol

I would. jerk

ZLover4Life 03-20-2007 06:20 PM

2nd Eric, there is an alarm. AFAIK, every 300ZX Z32 came with an alarm (the exception might be the slicktops).

snwbrderphat540 03-20-2007 06:28 PM

dont hate the player, hate the game :D

Riz Z Speed 03-20-2007 06:37 PM

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan..._Code=Int_trim

entropy31 03-20-2007 07:14 PM

i think that is how it is supposed to work, with the possible exception of the drivers door being open not triggering the dome. that might just be a stuck sensor though. but i am pretty sure that pulling the door handle is supposed to activate the dome. and as for slicktops, they did indeed come with the factory alarm, and in the case of the '94+ models, like mine, the keyless entry, which is rather handy.

and for the blinky light, i cant remember exactly how the sequence goes, and i am not in the mood to run out and grab my owners manual right now. but i know that it should illuminate, i think solid not blinking, when you lock the car, and then turn off after a short time. this indicates the alarm is active. if it continues to blink the entire time your car is locked, there is a problem and the alarm is not able to activate. most likely a sensor (like the driver door) is not working properly.

ezramoore 03-20-2007 10:54 PM

Thanks guys.
Entropy, I found the page on my own. I didn't think to look in the manual.
Riz, you don't happen to know the link to buy a door-open sensor would you?
Eric, you're a fricking smart ass

thanks again,

Ez

EDIT: Anyone have an electronic version of the manual that came with the 90? or a link. I checked Riz's page.

snwbrderphat540 03-20-2007 11:10 PM

a correct smart ass.... sorry, thought you wanted answers to questions you post on forums. guess not. and pulling the handle will light up the dome and such, like on my 90 when on the outside if you pulled the handle (dome light was broken or out idk but i didnt car i HATE dome lights) the key hole would light up and i think maybe the floor lights.

ZLover4Life 03-21-2007 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by ezramoore
Thanks guys.
Entropy, I found the page on my own. I didn't think to look in the manual.
Riz, you don't happen to know the link to buy a door-open sensor would you?
Eric, you're a ****ing smart ass

thanks again,

Ez

EDIT: Anyone have an electronic version of the manual that came with the 90? or a link. I checked Riz's page.

www.courtesyparts.com sells the FSM CDs.

entropy31 03-21-2007 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by ZLover4Life
www.courtesyparts.com sells the FSM CDs.

carfiche.com has them for free ;).

ZLover4Life 03-21-2007 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by entropy31
carfiche.com has them for free ;).

Don't be cheap... show some respect to Nissan for even making the FSM. (I hate bootleg products that steal revenue from companies who rightfully deserve it by providing us with a good product.)

ezramoore 03-21-2007 08:15 PM

I actually own an FSM from Nissan. What I was looking for was the original, semi-useless manual. I just paid ten damn dollars for a little piece of plastic to Nissan. I think I'm pretty good for a bit.

EDIT: Fixed the problem. Was the sensor. If you're reading this cause you're having problems, make sure the sensor is screwed in all the way as the screw grounds it to the body.