300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

need A/C help

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 03:04 PM
one sound fits all

need A/C help

Hey guys i finally decided to retro fit my ac
but before i went on to do so i test the ac compressor
it doesnt engage when i turn on the ac but the rpm doesnt raise and drop when i turn it on and off. That mean it there power going to the compressor right?
it turn freely when i turn it maunally
just doesnt engage but there is a load on the engine when i turn on the ac switch.
the ac system is empty atm is that causing it not to engage
Old 03-20-2012, 09:44 AM

might be a bad cutch

ok There are many problems it may be. with ac it sorta of simple, is there refrigerant in the system, if there is you might have a bad pressure switch. you would need to locate the pressure switch and jump the connection to manually kick the cutch on. if the clutch kicks in when you jump the connection that means you may have a bad pressure switch this is only if you have coolant in the system. remember to get the refrigerant to start to flow in you may have to jump the clutch for a sec or two to get it going. i am not a mechanic but i have done alot of work on cars . hope this helps
Old 05-23-2012, 07:46 PM
one sound fits all

AC Leak!

Hi, my cars Ac has recently stopped working and its getting kinda hot around where I live now a days since summer is around the corner and now my AC is leaking and pretty much no more freon is left in the system.

I looked and inspected all the Ac lines and hoses for any breakage or damage and they all seem to be in great condition. Ac Condenser is good and is free of debris. Ac compressor is not seized up and spins freely by hand.

But I did find some Oil residue behind the Ac compressor.

Do you guys think that its the suction or discharge lines connected to the Ac Compressor that leaking Freon or could it be the compressor itself thats leaking out Freon?

Thanks for your help, its getting hot and I NEED MY AC!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:32 PM
Ruff Ryder

Take it to an A/C shop and have them evacuate the system and find the leak.