ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   300ZX (Z32) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z32-forums-7/)
-   -   Called to insure my car and they said the craziest thing..... (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z32-forums-7/called-insure-my-car-they-said-craziest-thing-10149/)

CaptainZ 09-03-2004 08:55 AM

Called to insure my car and they said the craziest thing.....

I currently insure my vehicles through allstate and I called yesterday to insure my new 94 slicktop 2+0 n/a, and I asked them what the cost difference would be between the TT and the n/a. They said that there system doesnt pull up a TT, and because of that whether it be TT or n/a, the cost would be the same. I couldnt believe my ears. Thats the whole reason I didnt buy a TT. Anyone else heard of this?

CanyonCarver 09-03-2004 10:48 AM

Tell them you want to insure it, and give them a TT VIN #. It will be different than a NA VIN #.

CaptainZ 09-03-2004 03:12 PM

So your saying that had I given them a TT vin instead of my N/A vin, the price would be different?

CanyonCarver 09-04-2004 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by CaptainZ
So your saying that had I given them a TT vin instead of my N/A vin, the price would be different?

They use your driving record, your age, your zip code, and a VIN. Most insurance people don't have a clue about different car types

Z_WRECKER 09-04-2004 01:30 PM

2nd that....it would say high performance or turbo if they pulled a tt number. if you want get on ebay look for a tt, then take their vin call your insurance and see what they say ;)

Riz Z Speed 09-05-2004 04:45 AM

or simply just give the same VIN but replace the JN1R with JN1C. That should show up as a TT in their comps.

91zxtt 09-07-2004 01:35 PM

If it was that simple, why don't all of us with TT's give N/A VIN #'s. The reason being is because it won't work. Your insurance company asks to see your current registration to verify that info. An N/A is much less expensive than a TT. Your agent's a moron. I have my insurance with Allstate. It's the least expensive for me.

Oh yea, one other thing about the VIN# switcho-chango,...it's fraud. Not recommended.

CanyonCarver 09-07-2004 04:40 PM

I got allstate too, same agent since 1976. I got four drivers, five cars, only three of them full coverage, for $2k / 6 mos. Considering what my friends pay for their kids insurance, I'm getting a deal.

Riz Z Speed 09-08-2004 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by 91zxtt
If it was that simple, why don't all of us with TT's give N/A VIN #'s. The reason being is because it won't work. Your insurance company asks to see your current registration to verify that info. An N/A is much less expensive than a TT. Your agent's a moron. I have my insurance with Allstate. It's the least expensive for me.

Oh yea, one other thing about the VIN# switcho-chango,...it's fraud. Not recommended.

umm...let me clarify this a bit. I only suggested the switch so he could compare the TT insurance versus NA insurance. I was by no means suggesting that anyone register their TT as an NA to their insurance company. I was only pointing out the difference between the NA's and TT's VIN's.

91zxtt 09-08-2004 11:30 AM

I know, but I just wanted to make sure nobody would try it.