ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   300ZX (Z32) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z32-forums-7/)
-   -   350z vs 300zxTT (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z32-forums-7/350z-vs-300zxtt-8192/)

emo236 01-17-2004 01:28 PM

Oh, and IZ, I've completly embarrassed a modded GT (2002). He had a K&N intake, borla exhaust, a diablo chip, edelbrock headers, and some other stuff...oh msd. You could of taken that GT I'm sure, so I hope that makes you feel better about that race.

IZwutumean 01-17-2004 07:10 PM

Originally posted by emo236
Oh, and IZ, I've completly embarrassed a modded GT (2002). He had a K&N intake, borla exhaust, a diablo chip, edelbrock headers, and some other stuff...oh msd. You could of taken that GT I'm sure, so I hope that makes you feel better about that race.
Yeah...but did he have any stickers???? You know those stickers add a ton of extra horsepower!:)

emo236 01-17-2004 07:11 PM

Naw, he was a friend of mine from high school. I saw him when I went home for break. He's got a nice car. It actually looks pretty sweet...for a mustang. It's lowered on eibachs and he has cobra wheels that look pretty good. His car is jet black.

IZwutumean 01-17-2004 07:18 PM

To tell the truth, I really don't mind the way some of the newer Must-nags look, when they have nice wheels or tinted lights, etc...

I guess if it weren't such a common car, and it rode a little better (the seats are so high, you feel like you're riding on TOP of the car in turns!) I might have more respect for it.

Living in Texas, the Mustang and all the other F-Bodies (Z-28s, Camaros, Firebirds) have a bad reputation as being hillbilly rockets that are owned by people who are simple and cannot drive very well. It seems like 80% of the collisions here are caused by these guys taking corners too fast!!! Watch those corners, guys...they're tricky!:D

emo236 01-17-2004 07:32 PM

Ya, I know what you mean. A lot of the guys who own modded F-bodies are good drivers where I live, but they're a dime a dozen. People pull up next to me and think I'm just some ricer b/c my car is asian and think I'm an easy kill (they have no clue what my car is except a Nissan) and then they get raped. It's great to see their faces.

marty4653 02-25-2004 12:38 AM

Right now, the TT will almost always be the fastest of the 2 in my humble opinion! The 350Z will get off of the line quicker from a standing start, but it's been my experience that he'll be reeled in and passed pretty quicky. ;-)

emo236 02-25-2004 08:35 PM

Nice TT by the way. I almost bought one in that color. And nice sig quote as well

91zxtt 02-26-2004 08:10 AM

You know, I was thinking a little more about this (that's scary). Copper had mentioned that the 350 times would improve over the original 0-60 & 1/4 mile times as the engine is broken in. He was arguing that the 350 may then be faster than the TT. All of times we had posted were from C&D, etc, which are on brand new engines as well. The argument doesn't hold water because the TT times would improve as the engine was broken in as well. Just another point that the TT is, and always will be faster. :p