ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   300ZX (Z32) Appearance Exterior, Interior (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z32-appearance-exterior-interior-50/)
-   -   Red or Yellow (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z32-appearance-exterior-interior-50/red-yellow-38594/)

jverz 10-09-2013 09:25 AM

Red or Yellow

Here's the deal: The bodywork for my Z is coming along nicely and soon I'm going to have to pick a color. I've narrowed it down to two, basically Yellow (a deeper yellow than it is now) or Red.

I can't decide between them so I made a poll. If you get a chance, take a look at the renderings and vote for one. You can also click on the images and get a nice wallpaper.

Jim Verzella - 300zx Poll

Zdon 10-09-2013 10:34 AM

Color choice

Originally Posted by jverz (Post 328670)
Here's the deal: The bodywork for my Z is coming along nicely and soon I'm going to have to pick a color. I've narrowed it down to two, basically Yellow (a deeper yellow than it is now) or Red.

I can't decide between them so I made a poll. If you get a chance, take a look at the renderings and vote for one. You can also click on the images and get a nice wallpaper.

Jim Verzella - 300zx Poll

Try mixing blue with yellow the finish color is awesome and you could win a color prize with it. Let me know how it turns out. Cheers !

Rupe 10-09-2013 11:59 AM

If you can actually get that yellow, hands down my favourite. Reminds me of a Lamborghini (in only good ways).

jverz 10-09-2013 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rupe (Post 328675)
If you can actually get that yellow, hands down my favourite. Reminds me of a Lamborghini (in only good ways).

I'm actually going to wrap it because I plan on doing that professionally again and I need a live sample. Might do the Trans-Am, too.

The colors are screen matched to the color chips.
Avery SW-900-245-O (Dark Yellow) and SW-900-440-M (Cherry Red Metallic).

Oh, and before you call me cheap, I guarantee it will look vastly better than the last paint job. (It was some sort of single spray crap). Plus, painting is a bitch in NJ.

Rupe 10-10-2013 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by jverz (Post 328677)
Oh, and before you call me cheap, I guarantee it will look vastly better than the last paint job. (It was some sort of single spray crap). Plus, painting is a bitch in NJ.

Is wrapping that much cheaper? I've only recently found out about it, pretty nifty if you ask me.

jverz 10-10-2013 09:30 AM

For the quality you get it is fairly inexpensive. For a re-color it's very inexpensive. I consider it the very bottom of show-car quality if it's well done.

If I were putting my car in shows, though, I would go with paint.

It depends where you live, too. Around here, the various laws involved with having a paint booth are so strict that only the biggest body shops have them. That combined with the humid environment, high labor cost, etc. makes painting expensive. Vinyl is the same cost of supply anywhere you go.