ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   300ZX (Z32) Appearance Exterior, Interior (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z32-appearance-exterior-interior-50/)
-   -   neon lights (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z32-appearance-exterior-interior-50/neon-lights-8526/)

n_2_fairladyz 02-17-2004 08:39 PM

neon lights

where are the best sites for neon light for 300zx 2+2?

Riz Z Speed 02-17-2004 08:59 PM

ummm...www.streetglow.com is good.

n_2_fairladyz 02-17-2004 09:03 PM

thanks, rizz.. Hey rizz do you have white gauges for your 2+2?

Riz Z Speed 02-17-2004 09:14 PM

yep, sure do. They fried though. Gotta get new ones.
I wanna get the new electroluminescent ones. I had the indiglos before. The transformer fried. Nice smoke show. LOL I wired it wrong anyway. :p

n_2_fairladyz 02-17-2004 09:18 PM

where can I get them at?

Riz Z Speed 02-17-2004 09:20 PM

I got them from www.procarparts.com, cheap and not too bad stuff. Not great stuff, but ok.

Z_WRECKER 02-17-2004 10:05 PM

how can you wire them wrong Riz? i got mine from pro car parts.. i got the silver looking ones, where only the numbers and the little dashes show at night... i like it

Z_WRECKER 02-17-2004 10:07 PM

and why do you want neons for your car... if you are thinking about getting underbody kit, you will probably brake it since Z is pretty low

Riz Z Speed 02-17-2004 10:09 PM

I wired them so that when you turn on the car they were on. I should've wired it so that when I turned on the headlamps. I didn't realize it until everything was put back together. I didn't feel like going back in and redoing it all. Which is probably why they ended up burning out so soon.

emo236 02-17-2004 11:20 PM

You can get underbody neons that are in plastic tubes that don't break as easily. And is it just me or should this thread be renamed the rice crew thread?:p

Z_WRECKER 02-18-2004 05:28 AM

oh crap Riz.... i saw a civic go in flames because a stupid rice person wired the indiglow pedals straight to the battery, no fuses nothing... it belongs to a girl that went to high school with me... it was funny i pull up next to them, and we are talking at the light, when i see some smoke coming out of the hood, a second later it turned into a fire...... most of her wiring under the hood was fried... funny story, i guess you were lucky Riz that it didn't spread....well then again, you probably wired it good, except for that little mistake... you'll get it next time :)

Z_WRECKER 02-18-2004 05:29 AM

and Emo who are you calling Rice?:eek: :confused: :D

emo236 02-18-2004 08:04 AM

Cmon, indiglo gauges, neon kits, what's next.....wings and decals? Were talking about ricing out our Z's here.

Riz Z Speed 02-18-2004 01:12 PM

What we were talking about, before we were so rudely interuppted, was some minor interior decorations. I personally don't plan on owning any neons but someone asked and I was happy to help. I wasn't judging them on their choices. It's their car they can do whatever they want to it. I may not like it but I'm not gonna call them rice, a ricer or anything else cuz it's their car and they're not hurting me one bit for their choices on what to do to their car. Maybe I'm just considerate like that.

emo236 02-18-2004 02:10 PM

Originally posted by rizzspeed
Maybe I'm just considerate like that.
ummmmm....no.

Riz Z Speed 02-18-2004 02:12 PM

If you don't agree then please explain your position on the subject.

emo236 02-18-2004 04:39 PM

I'm simply stating what I see. If it was something else that you thought was rice or whatever else, you'd say it too. You've done it plenty of times. Traditionally, neon lights, indiglo guages, decals, monster tachs, etc...are considered rice on a car. I made a statement with this mostly universal thought in mind.

Z_WRECKER 02-18-2004 04:54 PM

yeah i like my gauges... they are nice... i am far away from monster tach.... the reverse glow gauges i put in my Z look nice... i don't think they are rice, well even if they were i like them in my car... i also like some things on mustangs like..... i dunno, the fact that they ...i dunno have something i like....anyway you like turbos right.???? well some ricers have those too... i think ricing out the car is putting on a huge can in the back, a wing that can be mistaken for a park bench, and a tach the size of their stick rims. i think gauges are ok, especially if you are trying to get a nice subtle theme going inside your car, and i don't mean painting plastic or something. my gauges match my cd player, and it looks nice in dark. if you look at newer sports cars, they all have really nice gauges ( rx8's they just dissapear once the ignition is off) that doesn't make it rice. put some gauges in your car, with some white face, and you will love it and the car will look great..it won't look rice it will look clean...dig??? and people form the outside of the car will like it too. they will say look at that hot Z... i wonder which cool a$$ dude drives this... i'd sure like to hook up with him, and then you come outside to find two fruit cakes standing next to your ride :) have fun:D

emo236 02-18-2004 05:15 PM

no, I agree. if done cleanly, some things can be nice. But rice...ready, heres the definition. Rice: when one puts something on his car to give the illusion of performance without actually having it. take decals for instance. The real reason is to recognize your sponsors, ricers put them on b/c they see carrs at shows and races that have decals. See the difference?

Z_WRECKER 02-19-2004 07:08 AM

oh i see it... no decals on my baby unless someone throws in some free parts... i wouldn't mind having Brembo sticker on my car ;)

91zxtt 02-19-2004 09:32 AM

That's a good definition of rice, but i feel if the stickers/decals are tasteful and not overdone, then they may be ok. For example, if you have decals for certain items and you have the items on/in your car, then it may be ok. Acceptable decals include small window decals or stickers. Anything that goes on the body of the car itself, or is larger than 3" x 3", then your pushing the rice envelope.

Z_WRECKER 02-19-2004 09:46 AM

yeah or some huge hood decals, and stickers of some companies that don't even make parts for their cars

Riz Z Speed 02-19-2004 11:24 AM

I have stickers on my car. :D

Z_WRECKER 02-19-2004 07:05 PM

i am sure they are not for streetglow, or ichiban (sp) or fast and the furious, and some crap like that... even if they are it's your car, and the picture of your car looks pretty clean. like 91 said a sticker or two of things you have is ok, but not EVERY sticker in the world

emo236 02-19-2004 10:31 PM

Even then, stickers were a trend started by people mocking show and race cars that had stickers b/c either it was a company's car that they used for advertising or the stickers represent their sponsors and they have to advertise for them. Just because I get a haircut at supercuts doesn't mean that I put a supercuts sticker on my arm.