ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   300ZX (Z32) Appearance Exterior, Interior (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z32-appearance-exterior-interior-50/)
-   -   Jspec Tails (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z32-appearance-exterior-interior-50/jspec-tails-11478/)

ZXDude90 01-24-2005 11:19 AM

Jspec Tails

Just thought I would show a couple of before and after pics of my jspec taillight install. Pay no attention to my rotting spoiler, Ill be getting a new one put on soon :hpydance:
http://www.streetneeds.com/uploads/auser/P1010093.JPG
http://www.streetneeds.com/uploads/auser/P1010094.JPG
http://www.streetneeds.com/uploads/auser/P1010095.JPG
http://www.streetneeds.com/uploads/auser/P1010097.JPG

Redbeauty84ZX 01-24-2005 03:48 PM

I LOVE the 99' tails.

My Fairlady Z 01-24-2005 03:50 PM

Niiice, how much total man? The look good...

WhtFairLadyZ 01-24-2005 07:05 PM

My dad isnt real keen on me modifing me two Zs. But that is the one mod he has liked. That cleans the look of the car up so much. People cannot believe these cars are so old. They were really designed well ahead of their time. It doesnt take much to make a Z32 look beautiful. Looks GOOD though. U know u can buy the decal that goes under the third brake light for like 40 bucks at the dealership

Seraphic 01-24-2005 07:46 PM

wow that looks good man. something i wanna do to my z as well.

My Fairlady Z 01-24-2005 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by WhtFairLadyZ
My dad isnt real keen on me modifing me two Zs. But that is the one mod he has liked. That cleans the look of the car up so much. People cannot believe these cars are so old. They were really designed well ahead of their time. It doesnt take much to make a Z32 look beautiful. Looks GOOD though. U know u can buy the decal that goes under the third brake light for like 40 bucks at the dealership

What decal you talkin' bout son? I want to get a "Nissan Fairlady Z" Decal and a "Naturally Aspirated" so dumba** people will quit asking me "Hey man, does it have turbo" because there stupid and can't tell the differences between the two.

ZXDude90 01-24-2005 09:54 PM

It was $420 from CZP. It's an expensive mod but I think it's worth it and greatly enhances the rear. BTW I have the decal for the spoiler but im going to use it on the kaminari spoiler I bought. The stock one is getting real soft and bubbling up in some places. Thanks for the compliments!

b300z 01-25-2005 01:22 PM

id like to get those decals too, but the place where they go on my car is painted to match the car, so i dont know what i am gonna do.

i cant wait till the day my car has those taillights...soooo nice :bling:

WhtFairLadyZ 01-25-2005 01:57 PM

On the N/A cars and the 94+ TTs. The have a different third brake light panel that is a bolt on piece. But since the pre 94 cars ahve the flush mount spoiler, Nissan made a decal that gives it the same appearance. It goes just under the spoiler. It goes where the Nissan Fairlady decal and twin turbo decal goes. I ve seen them online at a Z1 in their parts stuff.

WhtFairLadyZ 01-25-2005 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by My Fairlady Z
What decal you talkin' bout son? I want to get a "Nissan Fairlady Z" Decal and a "Naturally Aspirated" so dumba** people will quit asking me "Hey man, does it have turbo" because there stupid and can't tell the differences between the two.

I ve been considerin gettin a FMIC, N/A front bumper, and removing the factory TT spoiler from my car. I would like to build it as a TT sleeper. Catch a few mustang and import guys off guard.

That way people will believe me that much more when they ask if it is turbo and a grin...nah it is not. Wish it was though!

I have people ask me that alot. gets old after a while

91zxtt 01-25-2005 08:10 PM

An FMIC on an N/A, or even OEM TT front bumper doesn't make any sense. The air flow would be horrible. The cooler air would only be running through the bottom portion of the intercooler. It wouldn't be very efficient.

Riz Z Speed 01-26-2005 02:48 AM

Catch a few mustang and import guys off guard.

Off guard?
Most don't know the difference between a Z, Supra, 3KGT, or FD, let alone know wether your car is TT or N/A! :doh:

My Fairlady Z 01-26-2005 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by rizzspeed
Off guard?
Most don't know the difference between a Z, Supra, 3KGT, or FD, let alone know wether your car is TT or N/A! :doh:

LMAO, So True! Everyday people that are barley literate come up to me and are like "Man, what kind of car do you have". :doh:

WhtFairLadyZ 01-29-2005 11:04 PM

I didn't even think about that Rizz. Your right! Most dont know the difference. I ve actually been asked if it was a Ford Probe once.

Riz Z Speed 01-29-2005 11:10 PM

:rofl:
lmao!!

ZXDude90 01-29-2005 11:23 PM

I didn't even think about that Rizz. Your right! Most dont know the difference. I ve actually been asked if it was a Ford Probe once.

Whoever asked that needs to be smacked. LOL A Probe...

tmv 02-10-2005 03:53 PM

It makes the rear end look much better. My next mods definitely

pearly whites 02-13-2005 12:41 PM

a ford probe!? lol. i hope you told them yes and just walked away. lol. or just gave them a swift kick. :D

pearly whites 02-13-2005 12:45 PM

as far as not knowing the difference in the tt and n/a ... i had some kid and his girlfriend in an n/a pull up and ask if mine was a turbo. i told him it wasnt and i asked if his was (knowing it wasnt) and he said it was and started revving at me. i waited for the light to start changing and said "i lied" and you can probably imagine where it went from there.

phrozen209 02-13-2005 01:20 PM

lol, the kid must have been ambarrassed after...

My Fairlady Z 02-13-2005 02:42 PM

I got asked if mine was a Celica yesterday.. DOH!

b300z 02-13-2005 07:33 PM

i would have loved to have been there pearly...to see his face

90NA300ZX 02-14-2005 10:26 AM

i love they way those look man...i'll be gettin a set soon because mine are crackin a bit in places.

my third break light i just replaced...but my Polok little sister decided to pick it up and show my mom while i wasn't home, thinking a 1/8 inch thick piece of plastic could support all of it's weight from one end...needless to say it cracked right away, and i was furious to come home to see it. and she's not young, she's almost 18 for christ sake, and a straight A student...how dumb can you be!?! on top of that, i only paid $40 for the piece from a friend, as opposed to the $200 or so a dealer will charge me...and $40 is all the rents forced her to pay me back since it's all i paid. there is NO justice in this world...

but yeah, back on track and off of my rant...awesome tails man, cant wait to get mine...

oh and two thumbs down to a lieing na owner...i hope his girlfriend dumped him because he had an na, and the only reason she was with him is because he told her it was tt

My Fairlady Z 02-14-2005 05:53 PM

I don't know about you, but where I come from "TT" means as much to women as "cubic zirconia."

bardabe 02-14-2005 06:15 PM

lol a probe?! not a swift kick but a full on collition with his shin!! as far as being asked what kinda car. everyone here recognises my Z. besids the fact I'm the best there is int he student parking lot. :cool: :D