ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   300ZX Z31 Tech Tips (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z31-tech-tips-274/)
-   -   Nissan Z31 300ZX Aftermarket Stereo Installation Guide (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z31-tech-tips-274/nissan-z31-300zx-aftermarket-stereo-installation-guide-6499/)

stryker 09-14-2005 08:08 PM

yeah ill have to check that out, the only way i could get the power to turn on is if i connected all the power wires together, there is definately something wrong with the way i did it. Ill call kenwood and get more information on how to fix this problem. When i had it hooked up according to your guide it would only turn on if i had my headlights on.

shawn86t 09-15-2005 12:07 AM

Which means its spliced into the head light wire as your illumination, dont worry about illumination just yet. get the 3 basics done first, power, remote and ground.once all done with that, then worry about illumination, speakers ect.

yeah only cost me 3 grand to get it there so far, im not really rich, but try my hardest and all of the work bar the ecu install was done by me, getting it dyno tuned again next week because i've just added a new electronic boost controller. i reckon ill have to spend another 3 grand on it, then flog it off before i'm even happy with th performance.

stryker 09-15-2005 12:48 AM

wow, well being military i had a hard time coming up with the money to buy this car. I had a car but totalled it when i got to alaska. Now ive got this kick ass project car that i want to see turned into a work of art. i paid 2000 dollars for the car and took out a loan for it, i will pay this loan off then take out another loan to put more performance into it. I figure i can save back around 4 or 5 hundred a month to put into performance and body work. Wont be too long before this car is turning heads like it used to do when it was new.

shawn86t 09-15-2005 01:18 AM

yeah mine just got resprayed as it had crows feet and the original light blue colour is an eyesore, adding those rims to it will be even better, then tint the windows, add a 200zr rear ferrari style wing and how many heads would you liked turned? But still, i need even more power from her........

Also need to retrim the interior and then i'll be done, not too much to go now though!

shawn86t 09-15-2005 01:21 AM

BTW dude i added you to messenger but you didn't accept yet

stryker 09-15-2005 01:39 AM

My interior is shot as well, i was quoted 600 dollars to turn the whole interior black. I want to get racing seats with 5 point harnesses though, and thats gonna cost a pretty penny. I leave my messenger on while im at work, so if i see the invitation when i get back home ill accept it and add you as well. After the turbo i think ill start working on the exterior, and then ill do the interior. My black paint still looks good, but the rusting spots have got to go. I think im going to have it repainted with 2 orange racing stripes split to go around the hood scoop. I want to go orange and black with this whole car, gonna cost alot but it will be worth it in the end.

entropy31 09-15-2005 02:22 AM

orange and black huh? halloween car. :D

shawn86t 09-15-2005 02:44 AM

lol yeah i wanna retrim mine in leather, i have some sparco seats that havent been used in any car yet with a 4 point obx harness, also want to retrim the rear seat to match, rear seats useless but cant think of anything to replace it, just black with yellow inserts to match the engine (bright yellow :) )

stryker 09-15-2005 03:39 AM

yeah halloween car hehe, i want to put streetglow on it and the works. Luckily i dont have to deal with a back seat since theres no place for one hehe. I just think it would be good to get away from the typical blue, red, and white you see on most cars. Go with a color like burnt orange to give it a little bit of personality.

shawn86t 09-15-2005 04:05 AM

Cant agree with you more, white what a bastard for cleaning!

stryker 09-15-2005 04:21 AM

i was actually thinkin it would look good if i painted the car white or silver, and faded blue paint up from the bottom into a solid white or silver up top. that would give it more of a custom look. I think ill still go with the black with orange stripes though because its going to cost me 1400 dollars to get the fading paint job here in alaska. Theres only one good shop that does custom painting here in anchorage and they cost a whole lot.

krowe13 02-10-2006 07:18 PM

thanx

ill put my cd player in tomarrow

i just got my 300 zx and i love it

entropy31 02-11-2006 01:36 AM

wow, back from the dead. this thing got way too far off topic. if you have questions about anything disscused in this thread, start a new one.

Thread Closed.