300ZX (Z31) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Tps

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 08:54 PM

Tps

HI Guys,

im in the process of getting a 84 NA Auto back on the road, it had a small issue with a fire!!
anyway, i have an 85 NA manual car that i can use for parts! main things that were effected from the fire is the Vacume lines, fule lines and part of the loom. I am in the process of swapping this out of the 85 and in to the 84, the one question i do have is the TPS in the 84 (Auto) was distroyed in the fire. are there going to be issues if i use the one out of the manual car? i have read that they are different between the Autos and Manuals

thanks
Old 05-22-2006, 10:07 PM

As long as they both did or didn't have big tails(it's a matter of them fitting properly or not) you shouldn't have an issue.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:09 PM

so assuimg both cars had the same engine, then there would be no difference in the TPS from an Auto to Manual? we were prettmy much just going to swap the Plennum from the manual car and put in on the auto car, as i wont have to clean it and it saves changing all the sensors etc over
Old 05-22-2006, 10:21 PM

Whatever works man..lol
Old 05-23-2006, 04:20 AM

Tps

Originally Posted by lucasyeates
HI Guys,

im in the process of getting a 84 NA Auto back on the road, it had a small issue with a fire!!
anyway, i have an 85 NA manual car that i can use for parts! main things that were effected from the fire is the Vacume lines, fule lines and part of the loom. I am in the process of swapping this out of the 85 and in to the 84, the one question i do have is the TPS in the 84 (Auto) was distroyed in the fire. are there going to be issues if i use the one out of the manual car? i have read that they are different between the Autos and Manuals

thanks
Check again under Thread for exchanging standard to an Automatic!!!!
one of the changes is the TPS change is rewuired. anyways, if you find out that you must I have a standard that I use for parts and the TPS is good, I would sell it if you need it. But once agin check under transmision swap.
fc