ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   300ZX (Z31) Performance / Technical (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z31-performance-technical-227/)
-   -   overheatin gradually gets hotter turbo makes it hot fast (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z31-performance-technical-227/overheatin-gradually-gets-hotter-turbo-makes-hot-fast-32970/)

Beaneriser 07-02-2011 03:19 AM

overheatin gradually gets hotter turbo makes it hot fast

1984 300zx turbo I just bought it today i can drive fine as long as i stay under 3000 rpms but when it boost it heats up quick. it slowly got hotter on the way back from buying it so it might need a radiator flush but when the boost kicks in it heats up kinda quick not right away i boosted a couple times on the way home but by the time i got home it was boiling. any common problems with these cars i need to know that might cause this i am new to the 300 zx and i looked around the forum and couldnt find what i needed so i am posting thanx

omniserv 07-02-2011 12:23 PM

Check your thermostat. Is the radiator getting hot, if not than the thermostat is not opening.

Is there enough coolant? Are the belts tight for the water pump? Does the clutch fan lockup like it should when it's hot?

rogerz 07-02-2011 07:35 PM

did some moron remove the fan shroud. that will cause problems.

Beaneriser 07-03-2011 08:11 AM

ok i have flushed the radiator and and there was SAND in the over flow tank i am still flushing it and i am gonna take out the thermostat today to check that it now will idle as long as i want it too but the minute you you hit the 3000 rpm range it still heats up quick...and what shroud do you mean?

Beaneriser 07-03-2011 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by omniserv (Post 297513)
Check your thermostat. Is the radiator getting hot, if not than the thermostat is not opening.

Is there enough coolant? Are the belts tight for the water pump? Does the clutch fan lockup like it should when it's hot?

belts are tight, and clutch fan how do i tell, i don't know what that looks souds or feels like... is it the fan behind the head light? that fan behind the head light was unplugged when i got it so i plugged it in and it runs even with the motor off so it is unplugged for the moment

Beaneriser 07-03-2011 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by rogerz (Post 297518)
did some moron remove the fan shroud. that will cause problems.

is the fan shroud the plastic by the top of the motor coming from behind the head light or do you mean the big ass fan in front

omniserv 07-03-2011 09:21 AM

Download your FSM and Hanyes manual

http://www.xenonz31.com/reference.html

They might tell you the proper way to test the fan.

There should be a big fan shroud see one here

http://www.pballandmore.com/images/100_2443.JPG

I just google searched for a pic of a Z31 it's not ours.

hoov100 07-03-2011 05:33 PM

Also be sure to bleed the system of air.

Beaneriser 07-03-2011 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by omniserv (Post 297530)
Download your FSM and Hanyes manual

http://www.xenonz31.com/reference.html

They might tell you the proper way to test the fan.

There should be a big fan shroud see one here

http://www.pballandmore.com/images/100_2443.JPG

I just google searched for a pic of a Z31 it's not ours.

i took out the thermostat and it and it was worthless so i put it back together after that i drove about two miles and it is the same thething doesn't heat up until i use turbo so i am gonna just get new radiator new hoses and a new water pump i cleared the block and all of the junk i could see in the hoses it has to be one of those two things right i know the block flows clear. the hoses were ballooned up last ti,e i drove it and it was only at half the temp of it over heating... i have not let it over heat completly

AZ-ZBum 07-04-2011 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Beaneriser (Post 297526)
ok i have flushed the radiator and and there was SAND in the over flow tank i am still flushing it and i am gonna take out the thermostat today to check that it now will idle as long as i want it too but the minute you you hit the 3000 rpm range it still heats up quick...and what shroud do you mean?

Ummm.... That's a problem.

I'm guessing someone used STOPLEAK.

http://www.az-zbum.com/repair.overheat.shtml

PS: Did you ever learn how to use punctuation in school? It makes your posts easier to read and you don't look like an idiot.

Beaneriser 07-05-2011 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by AZ-ZBum (Post 297561)
Ummm.... That's a problem.

I'm guessing someone used STOPLEAK.

http://www.az-zbum.com/repair.overheat.shtml

PS: Did you ever learn how to use punctuation in school? It makes your posts easier to read and you don't look like an idiot.

yes i learened . to puncuate!,and , I appreciate ur?help, on the subject.../ i never ,wanted.to look like "uh idiot+" thanx again : } i feel sexy

Beaneriser 07-05-2011 09:00 AM

gotta be the radiator

tonsoffun300zx 07-05-2011 10:56 AM

or the head gasket

Beaneriser 07-05-2011 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by tonsoffun300zx (Post 297590)
or the head gasket

i drove it for 30 miles today and it did not go past the half way mark, until i used the turbo but it cooled back down kinda quick. But it did not get nearly as hot as it did before i took out the thermostat my friends civic does a similar thing and he knows it is his radiator he has replaced all else and rebuilt the motor so i am hoping that will solve the problem i am gonna change the valve cover gaskets as well there is a small leak

AZ-ZBum 07-06-2011 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Beaneriser (Post 297611)
i drove it for 30 miles today and it did not go past the half way mark, until i used the turbo but it cooled back down kinda quick. But it did not get nearly as hot as it did before i took out the thermostat my friends civic does a similar thing and he knows it is his radiator he has replaced all else and rebuilt the motor so i am hoping that will solve the problem i am gonna change the valve cover gaskets as well there is a small leak

Yep. Still look like an idiot.

tonsoffun300zx 07-06-2011 01:18 PM

Nice!!!

Beaneriser 07-08-2011 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by AZ-ZBum (Post 297626)

Whats your problem, your a prick there is no reason for that except to show how much of a douchebag you are you're pathetic. And i sent a complaint

tonsoffun300zx 07-08-2011 10:53 AM

ZBUM he sent a complaint to his mommy about you!!! better watch out cause she will tell the zdriver H.R. and you might get a slap on the wrist!

AZ-ZBum 07-09-2011 02:09 PM

He posted a comment in my profile as well. I tell you the schools aren't able to teach any more because all the whining crybabies like this get their mommys to bitch at the teachers about their poor grades. Has nothing to do with them not doing their homework, right? Has nothing to do with them not studying for tests, right?

No. They're rather play video games than actually get an education. No wonder our job markets are getting outsourced. Morons like this don't want to take the time to get an education. But I guess it's rather difficult to outsource ditch diggers. No wait. We have illegal immigrants for that....

It's amazing the amount of "gimme gimme gimme" people want when they won't put forth any effort of their own first. Things as simple as making a clear, easy to read post are apparently out of their educational grasp. Why do we continue to feed morons like this information? They're too lazy to make any effort at a keyboard, but we expect them to make an effort when it comes to actual work?

omniserv 07-10-2011 09:27 PM

Maybe the mods should just delete post where the people writing them do not use proper (more like any) grammar.

Not to get started on a rant but we pulled our now 16YO son from public schools in 3rd grade and sent him to a private school. Mostly because the public schools would not do anything to stop bullies from beating other kids up. If a adult attempted to correct or discipline them their washed up ex-bully loser parents would step in and try to sue the schools.

It's not really the teachers fault is the communities for trying to be politically correct and not hurt anyone feelings.

Our kid now has a near perfect grade point average and a work ethic that's better than many adults. He is attending one of the hardest and academically challenging schools in the state. We have no way to tell what his future holds but we are fairly certain he'll do well.

AZ-ZBum 07-10-2011 11:08 PM

I always hear, "it's just kids being kids".

That's nice. Now do your job as a parent and discipline your kid. Doubchebags.

Beaneriser 07-14-2011 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by AZ-ZBum (Post 297626)

you old ****ing homo dick sucking faggots i dont need this shit from you, you have nothing better to do than this shit i posted one thing for help and got shit cause it makes you feel important to be dicks when all you do all day io am sure is jack off and look on this dumb ass forum go suck your wifes dick bitch i am deleting this account you made this forum ****ing hostile when it didnt have to be i may not use punctuation but you are the one who needs to learn some shit like courtesy and you need to grow the **** up and stop drinking so fat ass much fat bitch ****

AZ-ZBum 07-14-2011 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Beaneriser (Post 297882)
You old ****ing homo dick sucking faggots. I don't need this shit from you. You have nothing better to do than this shit. I posted one thing for help and got shit cause it makes you feel important to be dicks. I am sure when all you do all day is jack off and look on this dumb ass forum. Go suck your wife's dick, bitch. I am deleting this account. You made this forum ****ing hostile, when it didnt have to be. I may not use punctuation, but you are the one who needs to learn some shit like courtesy. You need to grow the **** up and stop drinking so much, fat bitch ****.

Corrected your post with decent grammar and punctuation. ;)

I'd have reported it as harassment, but it's just too damn funny. :D

Do you kiss your mommy with that potty mouth? :048:

And you still don't understand the basics of punctuation, do you? Really. Pay more attention in school. You would get so much more help if your posts were easy to read. How do you not comprehend that? :083:

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. :022:

Have a nice day. :006:

NismoPick 07-14-2011 12:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow... a thread of über shame. Anyone can be a hard ass behind a compy screen. "Imma e-beat you up!"

Attachment 18598