300ZX (Z31) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 10:20 PM

Question Need help

I have a 84 300zx with a new motor, turbo, starter,and much much more in fact the bill at nissan was over $8,400.00.
"it currently has 2500 miles on the motor and 92,000 on the car"
Recently ive been driving it around town and it acts like someone shuts it off. it doesnt do it going down the highway just at an idle or more less letting the car coast or pull it self or at a stop sign. turn the key and it starts right up no problem. keep in mind this car has a new motor, new fuel systm, new pluggs, new wires, new cap and rotor, and much much more. my guess its some kind of sensor but which one if you have seen some thing like this before or have any kind of a response than please contact me at jlcthexbullrider@yahoo.com
thanks jared
P.S. Its for sale $7,000.00 i know im out off my mind just been one of those deals every one calls it the DEVIL CAR but one of these days im going to win the fight after $8,400.00 and 5 years i think i have the lead.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:13 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

holy bejesus , for the ammount you spent on repairs you could have got a decent tt or cherry na z32. wow! oh, and you might get more help if you post this in the z31 section. also try z31.com. good luck.

Last edited by entropy31; 05-09-2005 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:00 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

Moved to 300ZX (Z31) Performance / Technical.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:32 PM

hmmm i got the same problem and i believe mines the idle control valve..have you checked timing? if its too slow the alternator wont give enough of a charge thus killing the car...mind you itd have to be pretty damn retarded to kill it but nonetheless...deff post up in z31.com big help..just search for the answer before posting..they are rude sumtimes and may get pissed but oh well
Old 05-31-2005, 07:08 AM

Does the car run cold? Or does it heat up to a normal level on the gauge? If too cold, it might be cuttin out.

Could be your idle is set too low.

I know it's Fuel Injection, but that sounds like crappy carbs I've had

My guess is that it's something with the engine that isn't set right...even if it is new.