300ZX (Z31) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Injector Service Campaign

Old 05-22-2017, 09:01 AM

Injector Service Campaign

I was wondering if anybody has recently had anything done to their cars regarding the Injector Service Campaign of the z31's. There's a leak developed in the fuel rail area on my car so I read up on the VSC for leaking injectors. I decided to call Nissan North America and the representative was adamant that such a Campaign didn't exist based on my VIN, and that it didn't show up in their archives. I figured it would be a long shot given that the car is 30+ years old but I had hoped to at least been told whether the work was done on this car in the past. Most of the info i've found thus far is dated at least 7 years. If any of you guys know what the deal is I would appreciate it.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:07 AM

Seems that these forums are just about useless for information..
Old 05-24-2017, 10:11 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by TCFalconBird
Seems that these forums are just about useless for information..
Not really. If you search, you can find anything you need... it's all been discussed in the 33+ years of the Z31's existence... but if you need a lightning fast response, try the Facebook groups.

As for your question, if you've done your research, you probably came across this info:

Fuel Injector Recall/Campaign clarification sought - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z

Originally Posted by jws360
Those are exactly the sites I used! Great sources. I called Nissan USA today & was told the recall/campaign is still in full effect & the VIN I gave them remains open, even though the previous owner isn't sure if it was done. The recall # used is P5137. They then connected me to the dealer near my office, who took my name & said they need their parts dept to start research on what they will need & how long it will take to get. I hope to get more definitive info on this before I actually hand the money over to anyone.
Originally Posted by awg
1. There was a dealer kit for the campaign that was complete with all necessary parts. 2. If it has never been done the campaign is FREE. 3. Like I said before all you have to do to verify whether the campaign has been done is unwrap the tape and plastic covering the injector wiring, and you will know. 4. If you take it to the dealer and they find that it has already been done you will be charged and it will not be cheap. Best to check it before you go any further.
The AZ-ZBum website had all the info needed, but looks like his site is no longer up. And as I've dealt with many recalls on various makes and models, if the rep on the phone isn't helpful, call back armed with more details this time.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Not really. If you search, you can find anything you need... it's all been discussed in the 33+ years of the Z31's existence... but if you need a lightning fast response, try the Facebook groups.

As for your question, if you've done your research, you probably came across this info:

Fuel Injector Recall/Campaign clarification sought - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z

The AZ-ZBum website had all the info needed, but looks like his site is no longer up. And as I've dealt with many recalls on various makes and models, if the rep on the phone isn't helpful, call back armed with more details this time.
Yeah, the info isn't hard to come by, but getting info that's less than 4 years old is the issue. I will take your advice and see what I can get from the facebook groups with my other questions. Thanks for the reply.