ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   300ZX (Z31) Performance / Technical (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z31-performance-technical-227/)
-   -   Clutch noise LOUD help (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/300zx-z31-performance-technical-227/clutch-noise-loud-help-7838/)

CrAzY_84na 12-10-2003 09:25 PM

Clutch noise LOUD help

My clutch makes this loud ass squeeling sound when it starts to catch, it happens the majority when its cold, but sometimes it just does it...Its hella annoying and loud...anyone know what this may be?

:confused:
Thanks

rob

Spot 12-13-2003 05:09 AM

You're positive it's the clutch? If not, then check the tension of your belts.

The only thing I can think of that might make the clutch squeal is either the disc is so worn you've got rivets gouging or scraping the flywheel, or that your rear main is leaking and you're getting oil on the disk.

CrAzY_84na 12-13-2003 10:36 AM

ok...well...We just had the car "tuned" so, i duno bout the belts, but ill check...And if it were the belts wouldnt it do it all the time instead of just when i let the clutch out?

As for the clutch being warn....no thats not it cuz its a 3-4 month old ACT Double wall...the flywheel was resurfaced then also...

BUT the rear main thing i duno what that is, but the clutch is pretty quick on engaging and when we had the master cylinder and slave cylinder replaced the guy at the shop said that it was gonna tare up the rear end...I dont see any leaks but i guess ill just have to take it into the shop...

thanks spot

rob

domsgarage 12-16-2003 06:01 PM

I had the same sound on mine, it was the throw out bearing.

CrAzY_84na 12-19-2003 03:18 PM

thanks a lot...i need to take it in for some transmission stuff...ill have it fixed then

rob

WallZ 12-23-2003 05:30 PM

Hey bro, I had the same annoying problem. Its probably just your belts. You might have to tighten them more then once to get that squeal to go away. For a temporary resolution let your car warm up for about 8-10 minutes while your getting ready to leave. If there is still a squeal when you leave it is something other then your belts. Also if it squeals when the defroster is on and your stopped it is also your belts.

strictlyzx 07-18-2004 05:50 PM

sameproblem but automatic

Originally Posted by WallZ
Hey bro, I had the same annoying problem. Its probably just your belts. You might have to tighten them more then once to get that squeal to go away. For a temporary resolution let your car warm up for about 8-10 minutes while your getting ready to leave. If there is still a squeal when you leave it is something other then your belts. Also if it squeals when the defroster is on and your stopped it is also your belts.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Hey there I have a 85 turbo 300zx and let me tell you the noise i hear is so outof this world I have never heard it is like some one is draging a bunch of cans behind me I had the bearing changed on the drivers side since that was where the sound can from but now we thin it is the axle because it is missing the circular clip on the axle , is this the problem I have not beeen able to fidn a 1/2 axle to see I need to fix my z can anyone help stricltyzx helen :confused: :p

Stubtowed 07-19-2004 10:56 AM

Mine made a high pitched squealing noise, first thing in the morning or just after starting the car. Check your clutch-fan, when the bearing starts going bad it will sound just like a loose belt squeal.