300ZX (Z31) Forums Dedicated to 84-89 ZCars otherwize known as the Z31's

water pump change what the hell?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 10:17 PM

water pump change what the hell?

OMG! first off I am new here and created this account because i realize I will need some support ha ha ha basically I have a 1986 300zx 2+2 non turbo model that runs great but i am restoring body/interior and a few suspension/engine things, water pump started leaking and I decided to change it, well.......thats where the mahem begins, I'm thinkin it's no big deal, next thing I know I am at autozone buying harmonic balance puller kits and breaker bars and what the hell, just to change a water pump...anyways...enough about that the problem here is that the puller kit I got doesnt have the right size MM screws for the balancer, i have been looking all over to find the size of the screws that will fit, but I cant find it, anyone here know the right size? and I guess I am not supposed to let the engine turn when I pull the balance wheel off? how do I prevent that? this Sh*t is getting way out of control. thanks for any helo you guys!
Old 07-10-2011, 11:00 PM

Good grief. Another person too lazy to use punctuation.

Here's a tip. Want real help? Pay attention in school. Get an education. Then, make posts that are easy to read. Not that hyper crap you just spewed all over the keyboard.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:07 PM

oh dang sorry, guess i will have to find a different web site for help, thought this was for cars, not spelling or grammar...thanks for nothin...by the way u were the first person to respond to me and if thats whats up here f it im out, just wanted some help thats all.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:27 AM

no offense at all man, but by your post you seem to not have any idea what mechanics are all about. If you want it done correctly and if you want your Z to live, just take it to a local Technician/mechanic to do it for you. You said you thought it would be easy to "do it yourself" but you found out mechanics are not that simple and are best left to those who went to tech school, have all the tools required, have been doing it for years and best of all: know what they are doing.

sure some things are easy, like changing air filters, spark plugs, wires, serpentine belts... but just like the Old saying "everyones a doctor", some things like common colds, insomnia, pain relievers can be fixed with off the counter drugs, other serious things have to be delt by professionals
Old 07-12-2011, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by HexaggramJDM
no offense at all man, but by your post you seem to not have any idea what mechanics are all about. If you want it done correctly and if you want your Z to live, just take it to a local Technician/mechanic to do it for you. You said you thought it would be easy to "do it yourself" but you found out mechanics are not that simple and are best left to those who went to tech school, have all the tools required, have been doing it for years and best of all: know what they are doing.

sure some things are easy, like changing air filters, spark plugs, wires, serpentine belts... but just like the Old saying "everyones a doctor", some things like common colds, insomnia, pain relievers can be fixed with off the counter drugs, other serious things have to be delt by professionals
I don't think I'd worry about him much the way he's going he'll mess his car up so bad he won't be a "Z" owner very long anyway.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:50 AM

I wonder if the reason some ppl don't use proper grammar or punctuation is because they are used to texting all the time? Plus the QWERTY keyboards in most cell phones suck so if they are posting using those putting a . at the end of a sentence takes a few extra key strokes.

That and they are more lazy than than ever?
Old 07-12-2011, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by omniserv
I wonder if the reason some ppl don't use proper grammar or punctuation is because they are used to texting all the time? Plus the QWERTY keyboards in most cell phones suck so if they are posting using those putting a . at the end of a sentence takes a few extra key strokes.

That and they are more lazy than than ever?
Says the person who abbreviated "PEOPLE"....

I wonder if he'll be shocked to find me on pretty much every Z31 message board there is?

Last edited by AZ-ZBum; 07-12-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by AZ-ZBum
Says the person who abbreviated "PEOPLE"....

I wonder if he'll be shocked to find me on pretty much every Z31 message board there is?

LOL I did that on propose. I was going to do more but figured someone might get mad at me.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by AZ-ZBum
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!