ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   280ZX (S130) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/)
-   -   Why Street racing is a crock to compare cars (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/why-street-racing-crock-compare-cars-15299/)

lww 10-15-2005 10:21 PM

Why Street racing is a crock to compare cars

So I beat this guy at the stoplight, my car is so fast!

or Why Street racing is a crock to compare cars...

Check out this link JfairladyZ posted a few months earlier:

Old GeoCities link is dead but it was reposted to the nissanclub forum here:

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/rac...pare-cars.html

s/cL3.0 10-16-2005 08:01 AM

yUP.. i SAVED THAT LINK.. [SOMEONE IS GETTING HAPPY ON STICKY'S] :D
http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/turbo/index.html <<This should be stuck somewhere to ;)

RodMoyes 10-16-2005 11:23 AM

Did I post that link?

I remember discussing it on the "Race Results" thread... but I don't remember posting it. I don't know:confused: Just don't want to take credit that isn't due. I"m thinking it might have been JfairladyZ...

Rod.

Bleach 10-16-2005 01:53 PM

so basically Rod's car is faster than that stupid Beetle... but Rob's reaction time sucks. :D

lww 10-16-2005 02:52 PM

Nope. Rod's car is DEFINITELY slower than a Bernie Bergman built VW...

Probably mine too. :eek:

Dorifto 10-16-2005 04:26 PM

^ All the more reason I should have my 1600 built up in my Bradley ... :D

RodMoyes 10-16-2005 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by lww
Nope. Rod's car is DEFINITELY slower than a Bernie Bergman built VW...

Probably mine too. :eek:

CORRECTION: My car IS FASTER than a Bernie Bergamn built VW... It's just nowhere near as quick:(

Rod.

P.S. Check out the post count!!! closing in on 1000 in a hurry;)

lww 10-16-2005 06:42 PM

Small but important distinction. And Rod, you were correct, it was J. I've corrected the reference in the first post.

Cheers,
LWW

RodMoyes 10-17-2005 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by lww
Small but important distinction. And Rod, you were correct, it was J. I've corrected the reference in the first post.

Cheers,
LWW

Gotta give credit where credit is due... ;)

Rod.

NoLimits 06-26-2006 07:36 PM

There are no limits in street racin thats why I like it!

hot280zx 09-17-2007 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by NoLimits
There are no limits in street racin thats why I like it!

i fully agree down here in australia our street racing is organized and well. thats why we have a high to blast over 300kmph (180mph) if your still gaining away at that speed its safe to say you have the win. street racing you dont have to stop at 1/4 mile.

WORK TO LIVE AND LIVE TO RACE

z-hag 09-17-2007 09:02 AM

this is a sticky from aboot a gizillion years ago----as far as i can see, the topic is still appropriate--use scca to test yer cars--not rhe street--the kid you save might be yer own................the car you save might be yers, too.......why risk having yer car crushed for street racing when yoyu can save the situation from occurring by being a little mature and using systems that are there for the express purpose of preservation of the fast and best car..........in a closed road course or drags....be safe.........and check the dates on the threads to which you post..............:paranoid:

WanganDevilZ 04-17-2010 02:46 PM

Geocities website is dead.

Just thought someone should know.

nismo619 04-20-2010 09:39 AM

Yep so i pulled up to the light and i saw Rod an LWW and nismopick an bleach an S/CL3.0 and i reved my engine to 4,500 rpm and poped my clutch and did a narly burnout and wow you should of seen my boost gauge peek at 12 psi and when i looked in my rear veiw mirror there was ROD an LWW and bleach way behind me i would say half a foot ! wow i beat them all from a green light. LOL
This was ment to bring a smile to some peoples face...
No harm done !

RodMoyes 05-03-2010 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by nismo619 (Post 278583)
Yep so i pulled up to the light and i saw Rod an LWW and nismopick an bleach an S/CL3.0 and i reved my engine to 4,500 rpm and poped my clutch and did a narly burnout and wow you should of seen my boost gauge peek at 12 psi and when i looked in my rear veiw mirror there was ROD an LWW and bleach way behind me i would say half a foot ! wow i beat them all from a green light. LOL
No harm done !

Burn out's are only cool if you do them in reverse.

WanganDevilZ 05-03-2010 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by nismo619 (Post 278583)
No harm done !

So THATS what was going on behind me as I sped off leaving some sorry asses behind, and some wicked GTR <.<

I knew I saw smoke.

Simeo 07-19-2015 10:59 AM

And I've just been Rickrolled. -_-