ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   280ZX (S130) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/)
-   -   What do you call those cars..? (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/what-do-you-call-those-cars-19819/)

Heat Rave R 08-29-2006 01:27 PM

What do you call those cars..?

What do you call those cars that're big American sedans (ie Buick, Taurus, Impala, etc.) where they have nothing done to them except oversized wheels (probably worth more than the cars themselves) and usually too many subs? They're not "lowriders", and they're certainly not muscle cars.

The other night, I'm driving home in my turbo when I have one of these aforementioned cars start hovering alongside me, speeding up a bit, then hovering beside me again, obviously trying to instigate. Normally I don't bother with this sort of thing. Indeed, I usually don't even have people messing with me, either from the muscle car guys, nor the imports (usually out of respect, or maybe even fear from the rice rockets who don't know what these old Z's have ^_~). Anyways, I really hate it when people hover next to me like that, so I just pressed down on the gas pedal. I didn't even downshift and I left him behind. I mean, geez, just what did this guy think was going to happen?? I'm not saying I'm all that fast or anything, but he's rolling in a 2-ton sedan with oversized wheels and probably weighted down with subs, and tries to instigate with a sports car with a racing number on the sides, that weighs about 1000lbs less? If he had a V8, he's probably one of those people that think, "Oh I've got a V8, I can destroy anything even though it's stock", and has no understanding of how weight comes into play. Oh lordy, people nowadays.

WildmaN 08-29-2006 02:21 PM

I call them big fat POS's. I never cared much for the so-called reborn name cars. And yes I say name cars, they are not friggin' muscle cars. Mainly because they don't look mean at all. Just an oversized ugly sedan, with a muscle car badge on it. I have been appalled ever since they tried to bring back a vintage car, and ruin it's name with a badge that belongs on a true muscle car. And I don't care what power they have, if they are ugly, I am not interested one single bit.

Here is a list of cars, they brought back, that I absolutely despise.

Charger WTF 4 doors?
Impala
Malibu, looks worse than before
GTO small looking powerful POS
Camaro I am dreading this one
Firebird, I know they will follow, and that worries me also
That is all I can think of for now, and if they are going to bring these once great cars, out of the grave. They need to pull their heads out of their #sses, and make them somewhat resemble what the ancestor cars looked like.

As for new cars, carrying old badges. The only one I have respect for is the new Mustang. Because it somewhat resembles an old Shelby style. And I have sat in one, and the interior is sick, and you really feel you are partially sitting in an old Mustang. Minus the newer fangled gadgets and such.

And Rave, as for people that think they can dust us, because we drive so-called dinosaur sportscars. They think they wipe the floor with us, until, we put them in their place. But yeah what are they thinking, when they have all that weight? HA HA, got to love stupid ignorant people.:075:

ZFenderguy 08-29-2006 02:38 PM

I think those are called "donks" from what you describe. I don't understand it either. Some guy on my street has one with 26" wheels and all plaid interior. I think it's an 80 something Oldsmobile, the really boxy kind. As far as all those new cars with old muscle car names, I agree that a lot of those cars are blashphemous to their name, but I am also glad we live in a time of 400 hp rear drive cars for semi-affordable prices again.

jfairladyz 08-29-2006 03:18 PM

Dem's Ghettofabulous baby :075:

Skully 08-29-2006 04:19 PM

I call them plain awsome

just because few arent fast doesnt mean they are all POS', serious, how many 280zx out there are actualy balls fast and on the street every day...few. Just another view to the rant. Now imagine grandpa taking YOu for a spin :D
http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercury--Ma...ag-Racing.html
http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercury-Mar...slip-4666.html

jfairladyz 08-29-2006 04:35 PM

I actually liked the new GTO. The fact that it was a small sleeper is what I like most. They didnt try to recreate the car of the past. It was a purely modern car. I think it was a mistake to badge it a GTO though.

thxone 08-29-2006 04:40 PM

Yeah those 'Dub rolling" cars suck!!! They are dangerous to boot. When I had my '67 Fairlane some jerk in a bubble top caprice with 24's on it damn near killed me. I was driving on a non divided 4 lane road and getting ready to go through a light and this prick makes a right turn on to the same street I am on. Because of his crappy chrome dubs he had to take the turn wide because he had no turn radius with his big Ol rims. He came half way into my lane forcing me into oncoming traffic. Once I got back up beside him I gave him the finger and cursed at him for running me into the next lane and this dumbass has the nerve to say I can't help it, my car won't turn sharp because of my rims and tells me I should have slowed down to let him in!!!!

By this point I was red in the face, cussing and yelling at him saying if the rims make your car unsafe then you shouldn't have put them on your car and if I recall I called him a cock-sucker and I proceded to the stop light. Well I am sitting at the light and he pulls around my left to get into the turn lane and his really hot chick leans out the window ( I could see her in my mirror) and yells at me to take my POS back to the junk yard and then she hocked a lugie on my windshield!!! They made the turn and I sat there for a second till I decided to not let it go. I had about 8 to 10 feet between me and the next car so I turned my wheel to the left held my brake and pushed the gas to let the car slide out to the right a little bit and then I followed behind them about half a mile or so till they stopped at a Winn Dixie. Wile they were in the store I grabbed my BIG old 2lb sledge and took a swing at his right front rim, dented it and knocked the tire permanantly off the beed, whacked the windshield and smashed one of his headlights before I spit on HIS windshield. I haven't seen him, his girl, or his car since. I have calmed down a bit since then. :paranoid:

jfairladyz 08-29-2006 05:02 PM

I dispise big cars. I had a 65 stang and that for me was as big as it'll get. It's not even considered a big car but I like em small. I like being able to manuever and being able to park anywhere I please is a big one too. A big ol boat just isnt going to squeeze into the spots my little Focus will :D

skittle 08-29-2006 05:29 PM

You Had Rage Issues Back Then Huh?? I Would Have Tried To Take Off The Lugnuts On One And Let Him Drive Off...

thxone 08-29-2006 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by skittle
You Had Rage Issues Back Then Huh?? I Would Have Tried To Take Off The Lugnuts On One And Let Him Drive Off...

:023: yeah, a little bit. I liked that car but I like this one more...I may still have some hidden rage so I hope I can keep it under wraps.

Heat Rave R 08-29-2006 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by ZFenderguy
I think those are called "donks" from what you describe.

Ah yes, that sounds like the right term. The term "scraper" has also been given to me. Now, I'm not hatin' on the ones that're actually nicely done, or built up. It's the half-assed ones with drivers that go around acting like jackasses, instigating races, doing sideshows/burnouts, etc. that make their whole group look bad.

jfairladyz 08-29-2006 07:11 PM

I love the $1500 early '90's SUV done up with the $3500 rims :075:
Or the guy at walmart you felt sorry for when his kid asked him for a candy bar and he said they couldnt afford it as they loaded the top ramen onto the register...that is until you see him loading his poor-mans groceries into his '07 Escalade with 26" rims before he heads home to his wife and 3 other kids in their one bedroom apartment :D But hey, he's blinging on the streets so it's all worth it right? Right? :paranoid:

CraigS 08-29-2006 07:12 PM

Thxone you are officially the man if you had the balls to do all that his car, although I would have hid and seen his reaction!

Anger issues? maybe but atleast you're angry at the right thing!

2lb sludge hammer huh? I keep a wooden bat, for protection of course!:unibrow:

RodMoyes 08-29-2006 07:56 PM

"Hoopties"

Rod.

wreckedj30 09-02-2006 09:45 PM

i no they really do suck. When i lived in so.cal they were every where, ever since the movies "Friday" they've been around. The biggest thing i drive is an explorer sick cause it has beat but sucks its a 6er. So now i sport the zx its nice, needs more power though.:)

lww 09-02-2006 10:53 PM

It's definitely the late 80's and early 90's Oldsmobile's and Buick's sportin' the 20"+ wheels that are just painfull to look at.

I mean, come on, your car cost maybe $1500 and the tire's for those rims alone cost $2000!

I'm sorry, but they generally represent specific socio-economic strata within the local population... Also known as "White Trash". What most people don't realize is that "White Trash" comes in all shapes and colors.

z-hag 09-03-2006 09:21 AM

think those boats do not really park--they double park for a reason--cruisers, isn't that what they are called now?? monte carlos, rivieras, etc--big status symbols--how much gas can YOU waste??? and don't they usually have some female as slipcovers????

wreckedj30 09-03-2006 11:45 PM

its not even white trash, most white people can't afford rims past 20's, and don't discrimanate, thats not cool, or at least call it correctly, border riders or drug dealers, and not the good ones.:038:

lww 09-04-2006 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by lww
What most people don't realize is that "White Trash" comes in all shapes and COLORS.

Read that previous sentence very closely... You'll see what I mean.

Oh, I'm from Oklahoma, I know white trash! :armata_PDT_03:

Where do you think I store all those Z's dude?! They're up on blocks in front of my house! :111:

[edit] Actually, I have a friend that owns a salvage yard in Hayward where I store all my 'stuff'... :) [/edit]

wreckedj30 09-04-2006 10:20 AM

i no i no, but i i could afford some dub-dueces i through them on my 250. Thats what my dad say "i don't want a junk yard", i don't see junk as long as it has value to me.:075:

jfairladyz 09-04-2006 12:34 PM

"one mans junk is another mans treasure" - quote: somebody said it :)

Heat Rave R 09-05-2006 01:02 AM

Haha, last night while in a Target parking lot, I saw another of these donks blasting his "yo-yo-yo" rap music out of some speakers mounted in his front grill! How ghetto is that! There wasn't any bass or shaking like cars that play loud music from their subs. It's as if he just had a paird of 6.5" speakers behind his grill that he had turned up way loud. I just shook my head, going, "Oh lord..." I was tempted to yell to him, "Hey, the stereo shop that did your car screwed up on the speaker location!"

lww 09-05-2006 06:20 AM

Thas' a good way ta git a cap busted in yo azz YO!

wreckedj30 09-05-2006 07:14 AM

never hurd of that were do you live must be up by oakland, the worst thing i saw was the back of a tailgate choped up for 12's, the guy had no room for them in a single cab.:fripper:

lww 09-05-2006 11:18 AM

I don't understand that statement. Why would he not have room for them on a single cab truck? And why would he need to cut up the tailgate?

Do you mean the bed of the truck or the actual tailgate?