280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Well old blue passed away.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:26 PM

Well old blue passed away.

Took my wife out to down town last night for a night out. Came back to where we parked and gone! Wife laughed said it came out of gear and rolled into the river. Frantically ran 5 blocks trying to find it. Called the cops filed the report. Today I got the call kid ran on the side streets took out 3 parked cars. Got the son of a b$#h! Now I'm being grilled and screamed at since he took it on account my ignition switch was missing. Key kept getting stuck on start so I had the switch off and was using the plastic switch in the back. So its impound as evidence. Asked the damage said they had to cut the boy out.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:20 PM

Just a update guess if you see a car with a compromised ignition take it and hammer it! Kid is 19 and out on bail. Since now the only charges are in authorized use of a motor vehicle, fleeing eludeing an officer and damage to private property. Dropped wreckless driving and grand theft. Still waiting on insurance 2004 Dodge and 09 Ford were side swiped. The Z stopped under a chevy cargo van. Chevy I guess is close to totaled. Hopefully it's all covered. Now I'm the one under fire. I swapped the BMW seats in and never got around to doing the belts. The floor was rough but had a buddy pass it now the state police want to know who inspected it. Kids parents want to sue me for the seat belts. what a goddam mess. Been wanting to go get my personal effects nope. Moral of the story keep your projects away from town!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2015, 08:28 PM

Wow............................................... .............. That's pretty much it. It's no better up here in Canada, most of the time the actual criminal, ends up being the victim.
Best of luck man.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Lesnocker
Just a update guess if you see a car with a compromised ignition take it and hammer it! Kid is 19 and out on bail. Since now the only charges are in authorized use of a motor vehicle, fleeing eludeing an officer and damage to private property. Dropped wreckless driving and grand theft. Still waiting on insurance 2004 Dodge and 09 Ford were side swiped. The Z stopped under a chevy cargo van. Chevy I guess is close to totaled. Hopefully it's all covered. Now I'm the one under fire. I swapped the BMW seats in and never got around to doing the belts. The floor was rough but had a buddy pass it now the state police want to know who inspected it. Kids parents want to sue me for the seat belts. what a goddam mess. Been wanting to go get my personal effects nope. Moral of the story keep your projects away from town!!!!!!
I can relate. I had a 1979 280zx that got stolen twice. Now I have a 1982 280zx and I use a steering lock club and a wheel boot. Make it hard for the thieves and they probably won't bother because most thieves are lazy and will just look for their next easy target.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:51 PM

What gets me is I am facing fines. The kid was entering cars along the street. Looking for change and I pods. Saw the ignition was apart and tucked in the dash. So it was "just too much to resist". Car is mess from what I can see. They wount let me in. That morning I installed a brand new yellow top battery. Have a new alpine stereo and a amp with 2 12" subs just sitting in the rain. T-tops are blown out. Asked if I can at least get a tarp on it? May as well asked for a pound of weed.

Next Item of the issue. Wife is furious we got our wedding pictures in the car. Was in the wedding. Found out we were pregnant in that car. Little emotional for both of us. She wants one more and that's it for classic cars period. Since our daughter arrived. We have around 21,000.00 in cash to spend. Was going for a boat. Where would be the best bang. 240,260,280,280zx not a fan of the Nissan 300. Tired of rust and crap electric. Kinda looking for a concours grade Z not sure if the 20k mark is where we need to be.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:34 PM

I'm sorry for your loss! At least they caught the guy
Old 06-16-2015, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lesnocker
What gets me is I am facing fines. The kid was entering cars along the street. Looking for change and I pods. Saw the ignition was apart and tucked in the dash. So it was "just too much to resist". Car is mess from what I can see. They wount let me in. That morning I installed a brand new yellow top battery. Have a new alpine stereo and a amp with 2 12" subs just sitting in the rain. T-tops are blown out. Asked if I can at least get a tarp on it? May as well asked for a pound of weed.

Next Item of the issue. Wife is furious we got our wedding pictures in the car. Was in the wedding. Found out we were pregnant in that car. Little emotional for both of us. She wants one more and that's it for classic cars period. Since our daughter arrived. We have around 21,000.00 in cash to spend. Was going for a boat. Where would be the best bang. 240,260,280,280zx not a fan of the Nissan 300. Tired of rust and crap electric. Kinda looking for a concours grade Z not sure if the 20k mark is where we need to be.
If the police tried charging me with fines for something some punk *** kid did with my car I would get good ciminal lawyer and go after the kid or kids parents and the police. Is your car still a crime seen? They can't block access to your personal belongs forever and if you mention the would "lawyer" they will most likely smarten up and give you access to YOUR vehicle
Old 06-16-2015, 09:06 PM

Waiting for them to release it. Did have full coverage on it so waiting on them to write a check. Do have a few leads on a new Z. I did have my buddy lick n stick the inspection on it. So I'm guilty of that. Wife is still bitching.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:30 PM

That's a damn shame, Thank goodness I live in a small town population of like 800 pretty much everyone knows everyone. It's a pretty pathetic justice system here in the states when people like that can get away with going after the victim for something they did and being able to get out on bail before court.

Sorry for your bad luck.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:16 AM

Holy cow... you have got to be kidding me. The parents want to sue YOU??? Your kid stole my car!

I would be so ticked off if I were in your shoes. I had a time a guy rear ended me and totaled my car. He had no insurance, his car wasn't registered, and he had no drivers license and he STILL tried to sue me! (It didn't work out in his favor.)

God bless you because you need it!
Old 08-19-2015, 10:51 AM

I don't understand how you are responsible! This kid stole your car, caused damage, now you have to pay. He is free roaming the streets now, to do it all again? Were you joking about the kid's parents wanting to sue because you didn't have seatbelts in the car?
Old 08-20-2015, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Aeleven
I don't understand how you are responsible! This kid stole your car, caused damage, now you have to pay. He is free roaming the streets now, to do it all again? Were you joking about the kid's parents wanting to sue because you didn't have seatbelts in the car?
Unfortunately, if someone breaks into your house, and gets injured because you neglected to fix a floor, they can sue, not sure the win percentage, but yeah. Go figure. I would say same **** applied here, the car wasn't up to par to be used as transportation, and that happened. Its brutal, but it happens.