ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   280ZX (S130) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/)
-   -   Sensor Light Coming On (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/sensor-light-coming-7576/)

Lazerus 11-10-2003 06:34 PM

Sensor Light Coming On

The sensor light in my 82 NA 2+2 just came on and I was wondering if there was an easy way (aka I'm not letting the damn dealer anywhere near my car) to check and see what sensor is having problems. Thanks.

-Matt

Bleach 11-11-2003 09:15 AM

You press the button below the light and it flashes which system(s) is at fault. I assume that's what sensor light you're talking about. :confused:

Lazerus 11-11-2003 10:57 AM

I don't think there is a button there but I will check when I go downstairs (living on the 14th floor definately has it's disadvantages). The light is in the upper left hand corner of the instrument cluster with the speedo and tach. Thanks though, I will check it out.

Bleach 11-12-2003 08:40 AM

No, we're talking about different lights. The light I'm talking about is the square display in the lower center of the cluster between the tachometer and speedometer.

The light your talking about should light up with which system it is warning about. Instead of just calling it a sensor, tell me which light it is. Brake? I forgot.... I haven't had my Z around in a while.

Lazerus 11-12-2003 09:27 PM

It's a little orange light right right above the fuel light that just says "SENSOR" it came on the other day and I haven't been able to find any information on how to see what code it is showing. I'm used to GM where you just jump two terminals and count the blinking light.
If nothing else I may have to take it into the dealership (bastards). Thanks for the help.

lifegrddude 11-12-2003 10:33 PM

It's the O2 sensor light. I forgot which wires it is, but you're supposed to disconnect them cause all it is, is a light telling you to have it checked. It was a factory thing that came on at about 30K miles and the dealer then disconnects it. Nothing to worry about though. I believe the wires were green... (too bad there are a million green wires!) but I forgot the location of them. It's been way too long since I messed with them.
John 82ZXT

Lazerus 11-12-2003 11:42 PM

Alright, I guess I can justg pull the guage cluster and disconnect it from there, thanks.

-Matt

Bleach 11-13-2003 08:38 AM

Ok, I guess mine must already be disconnected! I've never noticed that light there before.

vasago 05-02-2004 06:32 PM

The wire is located under the glove box on the passenger side. Pull off the kick panel directly below the glove box (the one with the light in the middle of it). It is a green wire as someone pointed out before. Mine was disconnected so I connected it. The next time I drove my car I about crapped my pants trying to figure out what I did :D

Scott

Originally Posted by BleachZee
Ok, I guess mine must already be disconnected! I've never noticed that light there before.