ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   280ZX (S130) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/)
-   -   plugs (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/plugs-14252/)

81 Black L28E 08-10-2005 02:03 PM

plugs

1 Attachment(s)
i change my plugs today....five were the same they looked over fueled but one was wierd whats up with #2 plug ...its the plug on the right in the pic ..it was lighter and discolored with less fuel deposits then the others ????? ...i ajusted my fuel ragulator so that i have little to no black when i rev it hard ...so hopefully that will fix the over fueling but whats up with plug #2 why is it lighter then the others ...i changed plug brands to .....bosch platinums ...mabe these will burn a little better then the autolites

WildmaN 08-10-2005 02:16 PM

Hey man maybe it is burning a little lean in #2. Anyway Carl put NGK's last weekend in his Z. And they work awesome! I will vouch for that, that is what I am putting in my Z, when I get him running! :D

NismoPick 08-10-2005 02:27 PM

NGK plugs are the only way to go. As for that one looking diff than the others... that means that cylinder isn't burning the same as the rest (robbin ya ass of power, whether u feel it or not). It could probably be your fuel injector not spraying as much (if at all) as the rest. Have you ever run some potent injector cleaner in your system?

A simple test to see if that cylinder has a prob w/ the injector or plug....

while running, pull that plug wire off & see how the engine reacts... no, or little change, somethings wrong!

Dorifto 08-10-2005 02:39 PM

I've got some nice Denso's in my Zed sled ... work like a charm. I wish I could have sprung for NGKs, but I needed wires and a cap and rotor, and the budget was slim.

81 Black L28E 08-10-2005 02:48 PM

she runs like a dream now ..its amazing what new plugs will do ....i turned the regulator up and there is no more black smoke comeing out when rev i think i was runing it a little lean..... up with the regulator means the injectors work less..also fuel smell is down and power seems to be even ....sometimes i get used to the pull and if it doesnt feel just right then i worry ...

NismoPick 08-10-2005 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by 81 Black L28E
she runs like a dream now ..its amazing what new plugs will do ....i turned the regulator up and there is no more black smoke comeing out when rev i think i was runing it a little lean..... up with the regulator means the injectors work less..also fuel smell is down and power seems to be even ....sometimes i get used to the pull and if it doesnt feel just right then i worry ...

what kind of FPR are you using?

s/cL3.0 08-10-2005 04:40 PM

Yeah I still need to get me some NGK's and bite off your fuel setup for my turbo project :D

81 Black L28E 08-10-2005 08:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by NismoPick
what kind of FPR are you using?

SPEEDLINE ..I GOT IT OFF EBAY FOR $65 +SHIPPING

NismoPick 08-10-2005 10:36 PM

yeah, I've seen those, but I've been a bit skeptical... do you know if it's a Rising Rate FPR? (as in 1:1 ratio)

grey_turboae86 08-25-2005 10:54 AM

NisPick-
Me and black discussed this and he does not have a rising rate. I do on the other hand and as soon as boost comes on it over fuels like a pig. I am taking it out, i hate it.... wanna buy it !??!

oh ya , i've been working... new rims for me 14x7 -9 offset? oh ya baby

NismoPick 08-25-2005 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by grey_turboae86
NisPick-
Me and black discussed this and he does not have a rising rate. I do on the other hand and as soon as boost comes on it over fuels like a pig. I am taking it out, i hate it.... wanna buy it !??!

I'm interested! U have a pic? gimme details cuz I'm watchin some on ebay.

81 Black L28E 08-30-2005 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by grey_turboae86
NisPick-

MSN ME FAG I WILL BE ON LATER ,,,,,I HAVENT TALKED TO YOU FOR DAys :)

jmmorriso 08-30-2005 06:18 PM

The last time I pulled a plug on my Z after 500 miles they were still white! a couple had aluminum specks on them. Now that Is lean! I have been too scared to check them recently but it is still running and Ive got all the injectors working now, so its probably fine

lww 08-30-2005 08:52 PM

NGK is the only plug I'll put in my Z. The ignition was designed for these plugs from the factory and no other plug has worked as well and I've been driving and racing Z cars for over 15 years and have tried every new plug that's ever been introduced. NGK's are the only plugs that will give you the best performance out of your L6 ignition system.

Originally Posted by NismoPick
NGK plugs are the only way to go. As for that one looking diff than the others... that means that cylinder isn't burning the same as the rest (robbin ya ass of power, whether u feel it or not). It could probably be your fuel injector not spraying as much (if at all) as the rest. Have you ever run some potent injector cleaner in your system?

A simple test to see if that cylinder has a prob w/ the injector or plug....

while running, pull that plug wire off & see how the engine reacts... no, or little change, somethings wrong!

81 Black L28E 08-30-2005 11:02 PM

next time i buy new plugs i will buy NGK ....IWW you sold me :)

WildmaN 08-31-2005 03:56 AM

Yep Carl sold me on them. I am putting NGK in my Z also. And thanks for the info lww. :D

jfairladyz 08-31-2005 07:51 PM

Just stay away from Autozone. They don't even carry NGK sparkplugs Bastards.

WildmaN 09-01-2005 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by jfairladyz
Just stay away from Autozone. They don't even carry NGK sparkplugs Bastards.

Hey man who carries them then? Or I could ask Carl.

Dorifto 09-01-2005 11:31 AM

PepBoys does, same with Napa Auto parts. I put NGK plugs in my Rx7 just last week - $45 for 4 plugs!!!

81 Black L28E 09-01-2005 12:12 PM

SPENDY ........................ :eek:

Carl's Z 09-01-2005 01:03 PM

Checker Auto (Kragen). BPR6ES-11 - $1.99 each... :)

jfairladyz 09-01-2005 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dorifto
PepBoys does, same with Napa Auto parts. I put NGK plugs in my Rx7 just last week - $45 for 4 plugs!!!

Christ, were those Iridium plugs or what?

And yeah, anywhere but autozone will have them. It has something to do with Bosch. I don't know the guy was pretty vague about the details and didn't really seem to know too much himself. But he seemed to think it had to do with Autozone whoring Bosch products.

Bleach 09-02-2005 07:22 AM

now days they always try to sell you those dual or quad tip spark plugs for $10 each. I say just change out the $2 plugs more often. Who wants to stick spark plugs in there and trust that they will last 10 years?

RodMoyes 09-02-2005 10:24 AM

I agree Bleach. I change out my plugs every couple of months... wether they need it or not. They cost a total of 12 bucks and take 5 minutes to change. And as I've posted here many times, anything other than NGK is just wrong for the car.

Rod.